Vedas,yoga and meditation

Dear friends,
namaste,
In india this is the time of festivals.Wish you all a very happy diwali, though you all do not celebrate it.This festival is celebrated in the rememberence of Lord Rama who returned to ayodhya after a exile of 14 years with his wife.I am going on a vacation and you will not be hearing me for a month.

may god bless all

om

[QUOTE=Hubert;6432]What I learnt form Rudolf Steiner:
The Vedas, -written in a time when people had vital bodies excessing their physical bodies, and such, they still had a connection through it to the spiritual world - represent spiritual realities not for just understanding but as they are result of actual experincing, and not revelations to profhets and recorded by other people, as the Bible as example, they are divine also in their form. That does not mean one cannot use reason to study them, but they are more than a text to understood.

I am glad that through your explanations I’ve become a bit more familiar how the Vedas are, Rashmi.

(Comparison is used as it is, without any judgement of value. Of course both these holy sources have good reasons to be as they are.)[/QUOTE]

hi, do you recall by any chance, which book of Steiner’s it is?
thank you

Sorry, I just noticed your question.

It is in “The East in the Light of the West” … it also has a subtitle, The children of Lucifer and the brothers of Christ. Boohoo !!! :smiley:

To Rashmi …
I learnt gayatri mantra and did use it with success. It has a great power. I have grown great respect for it as I found that there can be a link made with my religion. First, the word “savitur” catched my attention. It reminded me of the word “saviour”. Don’t ask me why … it just popped in. But it did not let me rest and found about Savitr on wiki:

[I]“In [/I][I]Vedic religion[/I][I], [B]Savitr[/B] ([/I][I]stem[/I][I]), [B]Savitā[/B] ([/I][I]nominative[/I][I]singular[/I][I]) is a [/I][I]solar deity[/I][I] (see [/I][I]Deva[/I][I]) and one of the [/I][I]Adityas[/I][I]. His name is in [/I][I]Vedic Sanskrit[/I][I] meanings “impeller, rouser, vivifier”.[/I]
[I]Savitr is described in the [/I][I]Vedas[/I][I] as having [/I][I]golden[/I][I] arms, hands, hair, etc. He is sometimes identified with, and at other times distinguished from, the chief [/I][I]Sun[/I][I] deity [/I][I]Surya[/I][I]. A number of [/I]beautiful[I] Vedic [/I][I]hymns[/I][I] are invoked in his praise. He is the god of the Sun at [/I][I]Sunrise and[/I][I]Sunset[/I][I], and was most often invoked in the latter role in Vedic hymns.”[/I]

Steiner tought that the Christ has come through a Sun being. The transfiguration scene from the gospels of the New Testament on mount Hermon describes the saviour with His face glowing like the Sun. Steiner said that Zarathustra (Zoroaster) an initiate ruler of the proto-persians (preshistoric cultural age in the persian geographic area) saw the descending Christ in the Sun’s aura.

Too much coincidence to neglect, I am not jumping to any conclusions but I think this entitles me to make this intuitive connection anytime I chant this mantra. This also worths investigation, for the greater good of understanding each other’s religion and marvel of the hidden, common truths.
I believe with fervor that all great religions represent the same facets of an universal truth, and this being so without to take away anything from any of them. Christianity in it’s outer expression cannot match the insight and revelation of the Vedas, but an esoteric christianity could use the depths of India’s inner knowledge just as India uses the outer achievments of western culture.

Please share if you know more of Savitr.

[QUOTE=Hubert;8370]Sorry, I just noticed your question.

It is in “The East in the Light of the West” … it also has a subtitle, The children of Lucifer and the brothers of Christ. Boohoo !!! :D[/QUOTE]

interesting; worth a read?

Dear friends,
namaste,
I have been on a long vacation to a place called amaipakkam in chennai near mahabalipuram.Have seen 1400 years old temple at tripurkundalam where the great siddha yogi Lord shiva and siddha yogin parvati his consort is worshipped which has its own legend.But the temple was magnificent and the experience too visit was truly divine.Lord Shiva, was a great siddha yogi same is his consort parvati/sati etc. He was there prior to birth of Lord Rama. He is always shown engrossed in state of samadhi enjoying somaras.Soma ras or soma in vedas is described as a divine merriment/bliss which a yogi enjoys when he is in a state of samadhi.People think it is alcohol this is not correct.Shiva is always in a state of samadhi. The third eye represented is a spiritual eye which is awakened in him by the divine powers and hard practice of astanga yoga.Incidentally all 12 Jyotirlinga in india are associated with this great siddha yogi.Swami Nityananda is believed to be the same soul.Till the time he was alive there was a pertpetual water which was flowing on a ancient shiva linga at a shiva temple at Ganeshpuri.Once a devotee came for his darshan at Ashram at Ganeshpuri. He could not find him there, he got dejected and was going back, on his return journey he went to this shiva temple, he saw nityananda there with his one leg on Shivlinga and having trishul.As per vedas That formless omniscient ever present God has no husband, wife, he never takes birth or dies.With his will and dream during the day of brahma the world is running.The law of karma is the basis of all beings.However the highly realised souls on divines will take birth to guide us and show the correct path whenever dharma is on decline.This is referred as incarnation.
Essentially what i have understood is mainly all the traditions of India have roots in vedas.However post mahabharat war due to decline of knowledge of vedas and sorrows people had forgotten the root(vedas) and it became traditions.Lets have a look at all these:

1. Respect of parents : As per vedas there are five alive Gods and 33 non alive Gods. Parents are among two alive Gods (Mother and father). All siddha yogis have emphasised on respecting parents and treating them at par with God.

2. Guru shishya parampara. This itself have its root in vedas. The first Guru of Four rishis at the bigning of creation was almighty God. Then this tradition continued.Further all the arts like classical music, dance, Brahma Gyan have Guru shishya parampara.The highest Knowledge in the world is Brahma Gyan can only be imparted by a worthy Guru. On this i have dealt at length.

3. Marraiage: The indian marriage has vedic roots.First Garlands are exchanged between bride and groom.A pious fire is lighted as per vedas,The hymns from vedas along with ahutis are chanted and sapta padi or seven vows are being taken by bride and Groom.The marraigae is conducted by a person who knows vedas and its procedures.Vedas doesnot talk of Dowry or other things.As per vedas the age of marriage for Girl is 18 and boys 21.Bal vivah all have come post islamic invasion and superstitions.As under the islamic rule girls were abducted and raped and it was justified under islams tenets. so to avoid all this bal vivah, parda pratha have come got included.The custom of arranged marriage is as per vedas.there are sixteen typers of marriage as per vedas.

4. Women. In vedas it is told to respect women. It is said where women are given and treated with respect there resides God and that house will be full of wealth and happiness.Women have equal right as men in vedas they were brahma gyanis, learned of vedas.Even during Shankrachayas time in 5th century a learned lady had a debate with him.This clearly reflects the position of women prior to invasions.Devi sita, Draupadi all were taught vedas and were highly learned as described in ramayana and mahabharat.They were bachelors like men too.For example Gargi who was Guru of Sita was not married.Shabri who was a shudra as per her profession has patanga muni as her Guru.Her conduct and knowledge is evident in Ramayana.

5. Chastity and Brahmacharya. Women are always advised to be chaste and pativrata. In vedas God has said he has to obey the words of a chaste and pativatra wife. sati Anusuya, savitri and Sita are known as pativrta and chastye wife.Who have always obeyed there husband.Sati anusuya with her chastity has turned siddha yogis like brahma, vishnu and mahesh into kids.Men are advised to follow brahmacharya. AS a married persons men and women are too advised to follow brahmacharya.The aim of marriage is not sex, it is togetherness and spiritual emancipation of soul along with other roles.

God in vedas has said he will always full fill words of a brahma Yogi/saint and a chaste/pativrata wife.When we read all these ancient Granths written by rishis you come to know Animals and man were at peace.Animals would follow instructions of rishis, even ferocious animals were living in peace with each other.This i will explain afterwards with examples from brahmagyanis life.

thats it
Om

Hi Rashmi,

You talk of the five alive Gods and name two of them (mother and father), who are the other three?

welcome back:) it sounds very interesting.

Steiner has a huge opus. I’d recommend “The philosophy of freedom”. This is purely philosophic, no metaphysics in it. It is said to be the foundation for understanding of his more occult works. But Steiner is very hard to read. One must have the resilience of a bulldog, as he has his own way of thinking, and most of the things or concepts he uses must be well understood to avoid confusion. I have to say, I did not manage to read “The philospohy of freedom”, yet, though I started it quite a few times.

What I read from him is “The occult science”; “Reincarnation and karma”; “The Revelations of John”.
He also has a very good book called “Knowledge of higher worlds”, very good and fresh view on personal efforts to be done to achieve spiritual sight.

About the title I quoted from, it is a list of conferences held by Steiner, and it brings light on so many things … But as all of his work, can be misunderstood if we do not understand correctly what he means by the words and concepts he uses. Through his epic work, an unknown grandiouse history of humanity reveals itself, what integrates all religions and traditions, and makes them to be seen in a new, refreshing, elevating way, something to anyone can relate. Traditions come alive in his view, and get in the reach of our everyday life.

Some of his work uses late XIX century scientific beleives and views, now obsolate, what might discard his entire work in the eyes of critics and scpetics. This is a big mistake. He was well aware of the limits of his own age, and he once said that in a thousand years only “The Philospohy of Freedom” will be remembered. This does not make his works irrelevant though. His work is transformative in the deepest sense.

See if you can eat it, if it nis nourishment to you … if not, than neglect it. I just wanted to warn you, it is not just a read, his works are not intellectual treatises with a blurry subject, as he was a seer, one having direct spiritual sight. They called these prophets, way back. :slight_smile:

Sorry Rashmi for highjacking the post, but I did not want to create a new thread on this as I feel it might be outside the scope of this forum. As the quoted title touches hinduism and Vedas, I thought it might be interesting to mention. Now I am done, and will read on what you have to say.

[quote=Rashmi;8380]Dear friends,

1. Chastity and Brahmacharya. Women are always advised to be chaste and pativrata. In vedas God has said he has to obey the words of a chaste and pativatra wife. sati Anusuya, savitri and Sita are known as pativrta and chastye wife.Who have always obeyed there husband.Sati anusuya with her chastity has turned siddha yogis like brahma, vishnu and mahesh into kids.Men are advised to follow brahmacharya. AS a married persons men and women are too advised to follow brahmacharya.The aim of marriage is not sex, it is togetherness and spiritual emancipation of soul along with other roles.

Om[/quote]

Thank you for sharing this. As it happens, these days I have been reading Saint Augustine on this subject of chastity. The same thing you say it is required also for christians. Apparently the so called sexual revolution did quite a damage to these values.

Dear frinds,
namaste,

The five alive Gods as per vedas are:

1. Almighty God 2. Mother 3. father 4. Guru 5. Athithi
    Only these gods are to be worshipped.Further Savitur has come from savitaha .In gayatri mantra it has been referred to that formless, omniscient God who is creator .God has many names in vedas .At times he is referred as Vishnu, Brahma, Shiva, Vasudev etc.There is only one God rest all gods referred are highly emancipated and realised souls with different forms.
    However prior to mahabharat world was following vedic culture.People were keeping beautiful names from vedas.And many souls have realsied God on this Path. Jesus himself was a realised soul from Birth.After liberation/moksha and self realisation soul is free from the debt of karmas.Whenever such soul assumes bodies it remebers everything depending on the stages of realisation.As the kowledge of vedas after realistion is immortal.This is clear from lives of Lord Krishna, Swami Nityananda, sai baba of shirdi, Swami samarth and shri Guru(narsinghmendra saraswati) and jesus too.Such Soul can take birth anywhere as per divine will and purpose

Please do read biographies of this highly realised siddha yogis who have assumed bodies in recent 600 years, you will understand better what i say.Further your senses will get purify and you will get insight as per your devotion, may get spiritual experience too :

1. Swami Nityananda
    2 Swami ramakrishna Paramhansa
    3.Swami sammarth of akkalkot/shriguru/padvallabh, www.swamisamarth.org
    4.Sai baba of shirdi.
    5.Shri Gajanan maharaj
    6.Swaminarayan
  2. Lord chaitanaya.
    8.Trailangswami, there is no biography of him but i have read only a small account of his life
    further you read autobiography of yogi.you will understand much better
    After reading these siddha yogis you will understand Lord Krishna/rama/sage vasistha etc.
    As per my Guru:

The target of a human life to realize truth under the guidance of a Guru even continues (in) the family life like Shri Ram, sita etc., or a brahamcharya life like Bal brahmcharini Gargi who was the Guru of king Janak. But now a days due to attraction in materialistic articles only the people have become ignorant about the path of eternal spiritualism for which we have been blessed with a human body.
God is not seen with eyes etc., but God is only realized by a Rishi who knows Vedas philosophy and has practiced ashtang yoga philosophy. Geeta shlok 7/19 also refers. The Rishis have explained their experiences of realizing God and other benefits in their shastras/upnishads etc. And they have clarified in their holy books that they got the knowledge from Vedas traditionally in Guru shishya method. So now a days there may also be the Rishi of such kind. Now there is lack of study of Vedas, therefore people are totally unable to justify that who is the real Guru.
Saamveda mantra 164 wherein it is said," AA TU AA IT" i.e., come, come and come here “NISHIDAT” i.e., sit down please and “INDRAM PRAGYAT” i.e., recite and learn and even sing the reality of Almighty God. Saam veda mantra 252 says YATHA TRISHYAN GAURAH just like a thirsty animal like deer etc., “APA KRITAM IRRINM ETI” goes to a water tank in a jungle. Similarly NA APITEVE KANVESHU we must be desirous of getting contact with learned Guru TUYAM AW AA GAHI SACHA PIB to realize immortal God. So now a days to be thirsty one to realize God or to do pious deeds or to worship or to contact with spiritual master has been a tough taskdue to attraction towards materialistic articles. But Vedas says about the truth that the first birth of a man or woman is from parents which is like darkness, selfishness, being full of illusion. So there is a word in Vedas Dwij, Dwi= second, ja means janam i.e.,birth. So in human life one has to take second birth. This birth is taken from a spiritual master, real Guru who knows eternal philosophy of Vedas and yoga and has practiced and has experiences thereof.

OM

[QUOTE=Hubert;6862]mann- manas is usually translated as mind as far as I know. The seat of intellect or buddhi is the heart chakra. Mind/manas is related to ajna chakra. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This last post of Guru Kripa yoga is very comforting.[/QUOTE]

thank you for your input on Steiner; sorry i can’t find the thread to post this there.

Is it important to fully understand & comprehend the Mantra (in the mind & intellect)? Or is it ok to just chant them without fully understanding its full meaning.

The question I am asking is that are the resonance of the Mantra more important then the meaning?

I find that both the Gayatri Mantra & the Mahamirtyunjaya Mantra very powerful to recite.:smiley:

Thank you.
Namaste.
Fin

It is best if you recite mantra after understanding its meaning.You should know the meaning and understand it.Afterwards you can recite it in your heart. Sometimes when i do havan i just recite these mantras , othertimes as per availabity of time i recite every mantra with meaning and offer ahuti.

However once at the begining of recitation recite it with meaning .I have been reciting these mantras since childhood without knowing meaning.Now by Gods grace and kripa of Guru i have understood the meaning and greatness of God.At times when i am fearful or afraid i recite gayatri mantra repeatedly. However the recitation will never go waste, do it full devotion.

I have Given the meaning of both mantras as first time after meeting my guru my darkness has got dispelled and i have got somebody who has true insight of vedas.I consider my merit of past birth are propelling towards vedas and yoga.

God in vedas has said learn vedas from a samadhist mantradrista yogi who has realised him and in whose heart vedas are originated.

OM

Understanding the mantra mentally is one aspect, chanting is another (resonances) but the third and just as important (if not more important) aspect is not it’s meaning but truly meaning it. Beleiveing-knowing that this way we actually talk to Divinity, and beleiveing-knowing that Divinity listens and talks to us also. I see mantra as prayer.
Mantra yoga is the safest path, though a slow one. But the lasts often become the firsts … I believe heaven is packed by mantra yogis, and hell is packed by fallen kundalini ones. :slight_smile:

Dear friends,
namste,
I have always told you that all the upnishads have come from vedas.there are some 18 major upnishads which a soul aspiring self realisation should read. These upnishads are the simple discourses given by mantradrishta rihis to make the disciple understand the subtle and lofty idels of veda on soul and God.
One such upnishad is isha upnishad.The great siddha yogi Sai baba of shirdi how easily made his disciple understand the truth of this upnishad by taking real life example.This is long but do read it and enjoy the nectar of vedic wisdom which purifys the soul:

[B]Ishavasya Upanishad [/B]
Das Ganu once started to write a Marathi commentary ont he Ishavasya Upanishad. Let us first give a brief idea of this Upanishad, before proceeding further. It is called a Mantropanishad', as it is embodied in the Mantras of the Vedic Samhita. It constitutes the last or the 40th Chapter of the Vajasaneyi Samhita (Yajurveda) and it is, therefore, called Vajasaneyi Samhitopanishad. Being embodied in Vedic Samhitas, this is regarded as superior to all other Upanishads, which occur in the Brahmanas and Aranyakas (explanatory treatises on Martras and rituals). Not only this, other Upanishads are considered to be commentaries on the truths mentioned briefly in the Ishavasya Upanishad. For instance, the biggest of the Upanishads, viz, the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, is considered by Pandit Satwalekar to be a running commentary on the Ishavasya Upanishad. Professor R.D. Ranade says:- "The Ishopanishad is quite a small Upanishad; and yet it contains many hints which show an extraordinarily piercing insight. Within the short compass of 18 verses, it gives a valuable mystical description of the Atman, a description of the ideal sage, who stands unruffled in the minds of temptations and sorrows; and adumbration of the doctrine of Karma-Yoga as later formulated, and finally a reconciliation of the claims of knowledge and works. The most valuable ideas, that lies at the root of the Upanishad, is that of a logical synthesis between the two opposites of knowledge; and work, which are both required according to the Upanishad to be annulled in a higher synthesis". (page 24 of the Constructive Survey of the Upanishad Philosophy). In another place he says that "The poetry of the Ishopanishad is a Commixture of moral, mystical and metaphysical (ibid, Page 41)". From the brief description given above about this Upanishad, any one can see how difficult it is to translate this Upanishad in a vernacular language, and brief out its exact meaning. Das Ganu translated it in Marathi 'Ovi'metre, verse by verse, but as he did not comprehend the gist or essence of the Upanishad, he was not satisfied with his performance. He therefore consulted some learned men regarding his doubts and difficulties and discussed with them at great length. They did not solve them nor did they give him any rational and satisfactory explanation. So Das Ganu was a little restless over this matter. [B]SadGuru only competent and Qualified to Explain[/B] As we have seen, this Upanishad is the quintessence of the Vedas. It is the science of self-realization, it is the scythe or weapon which can rend asunder the bondage of life and death, and make us free. Therefore, he thought, that he who has himself attained self-realization, can only give him the true or correct interpretation of the Upanishad. When nobody could satisfy Das Ganu, he resolved to consult Sai Baba about this. When he got an opportunity to go to Shirdi, he saw Sai Baba, prostrated himself before Him, and mentioned his difficulties about the Ishavasya Upanishad and requested Him to give the correct solution. Sai Baba, blessed him and said- "You need not be anxious, there is no difficulty about the matter, the mind-servant of Kaka (Kakasaheb Dixit) will solve your doubts at Vile Parle, on your way home". The people who went present then and heard this, thought that Baba was joking and said, "How could an illiterate maid-servant solve the difficulties of this nature", but Das Garu thought otherwise. He was sure, that whatever Baba spoke, must come true, Baba's word was the decree of the Brahma (Almighty). [B]Kaka's Maid-Servant [/B] On fully believing in Baba's words, he left Shirdi and came to Vile Parle (a suburb of Bombay), and stayed with Kakasaheb Dixit. There the next day, when Das Ganu was enjoying his morning nap (some say when he was engaged in worship), he heard a poor girl singing a beautiful song in clear and melodious tones. The subject matter of the song was a crimson coloured Sari, how nice it was, how fine was its embroidery, how beautiful were its ends and borders etc. He liked the song so much that he came out, and saw that it was being sung by a young girl, the sister of Namya, who was a servant of Kakasaheb. The girl was cleaning vessels, and had only a torn rag on her person. On seeing her impoverished condition, and her jovial temperament, Das Ganu felt pity for her and when Rao Bahadur M.V.Pradhan next day gave him a pair of dhotars, he requested him to give a sari to the poor little girl also. Rao Bahadur bought a good Chirdi (small Sari) and presented it to her. Like a starving person getting luckily good dishes to eat, her joy knew to bounds. Next day she wore the new Sari, and out of great joy and merriment, whirled, danced round and playedFugadi’ with other girls and excelled them all. The Day following, she kept the new Sari in her box at home and came with the old and torn rags, but she looked as merry as she did the previous day. On seeing this, Das Ganu’s pity was transferred into admiration. He thought that the girl being poor had to wear a torn rag, but now she had a new Sari which she kept in reserve and putting on the old rag, strutted herself, showing no trace of sorrow or dejection. Thus he realized that all our feelings of pain and pleasure depend upon the attitude of our mind. On thinking deeply over this incident, he realized that a man ought to enjoy whatever God has bestowed on him in the firm conviction that He besets every thing, from behind and before, and on all sides and that whatever is bestowed on him by God must be for his good. In this particular case, the impoverished condition of the poor girl, her torn rag and the new Sari, the donor, the dance and the acceptance were all parts of the Lord and pervaded by Him. Hence, Das Ganu got a practical demonstration of the lesson of the Upanishad - the lesson of contentment with one’s own lot in the belief that whatever happens, is ordained by God, and is ultimately good for us.

Om

Rest of the upnishads explanation for you

[B]Unique Method of Teaching [/B]
From the above incident, the reader will see that Baba’s method was unique and varied. Though Baba never left Shirdi, He sent some to Machhindragad, some to Kolhapur or Sholapur for practising sadhanas. To some He appeared in His usual form, to some He appeared in waking or dreaming state, day or night and satisfied their desires. It is impossible to describe all the methods, that Baba used in imparting instructions to His Bhaktas. In this particular case, He sent Das Ganu to Vile Parle, where he got his problem solved, through the maid-servant. To those, who say that it was not necessary to sent Das Ganu outside and that Baba could have personally taught him, we say that Baba followed the right or best course, or how else could Das Ganu would have learnt a great lesson, that the poor maid-servant and her Sari were pervaded by the Lord.
Now we close the Chapter with another beautiful extract about this Upanishad.
[B]The Ethics of the Ishavasya Upanishad [/B]
"One of the main features of the Ishavasya Upanishad, is the ethical advice it offers, and it is interesting to note that the ethics of the Upanishad are definitely based upon the meta-physical position advanced in it. The very opening words of the Upanishad tell us that God pervades every thing. As a corollary from this metaphysical position, the ethical advice it offers is, that a man ought to enjoy whatever God bestows on him in the firm belief, that as He pervades everything, whatever is bestowed on him by God must be good. It follows naturally, that the Upanishad should forbid us from coveting another man’s property. In fact, we are fittingly taught here a lesson of contentment with one’s own lot in the belief that whatever happens, it is divinely ordained and it is hence good for us. Another moral advice is, that man must spend his life-time always in doing action, specially the karmas enjoined in the Shastras, in a mood of believing resignation to His will. Inactivity, according to this Upanishad, would be the canker of the soul. It is only when a man spends his life-time on doing actions in this manner, that he can hope to attain the ideal of Naishkarmya. Finally, the text goes on to say that a man, who sees all beings in the Self and sees the Self as existing in all beings; in fact, for whom all beings and everything that exists have becomes the Self - how can such a man suffer infatuation? What ground would such a man have for grief? Loathfulness, infatuation and grief verily proceed from our not being able to see the Atman in all things. But a man, who realizes the oneness of all things, for whom everything has become the Self, must ipso facto, cease to be affected by the common foibles of humanity. (Page 169-170 of The Creative Period by Messrs. Belvalkar and Ranade).

[COLOR=black]I hope we have gained some deep insight into vedas through this upnishad[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]OM[/COLOR]

Dear friends ,
Namaste and wish you all merry Christmas,

Now few more traditions of India which have roots in Vedas:-

1.              Cow :- Hindus do not eat meat or slaughter Cows. God in Vedas has ordered human beings not to eat kill animals until they have turned ferocious and attack human beings.The tradition of shikar is to hunt ferocious animals who are posing threat to human beings, and have turned man eater.But present day people go for shikar and kill animals for pleasure. As souls get bodies of different animals bird, man, women etc as per deeds it performs. A soul is neither male nor female, it is genderless, it is indestructible.So to suffer from its deeds the body is given by the creator by killing others we are doing wrong. God in Vedas have told not to slaughter Cows especially as it is considered equivalent to brahma.So hindus do not kill cows and eat beef.

2.              Creamation: Hindus burn the dead bodies in wooden pyre after death with veda mantras as per Vedas. This is the last sanskar to be performed for human body as per Vedas. This is called narmdehyajen. The ashes are immersed in flowing water.After thirteen days therahvee is to be kept . Now  it is done as per the Vedas the explanation as per my Guruji I am giving:

In Atharvaveda mantra 8/8/11 ‘Yamdut’ means = ‘YAM’ means God, and ‘dut’ means storm, cyclone, flood, earthquake, heavy rains, etc., etc., in mantra the air is Yam. So when a soul is to leave a body then by the power of God sutratma air enters the body and takes the soul out of it then goes to Savita, etc.

In 39th chapter of Yajurveda the process of this cremation is mentioned. This process is also called as “NARMEDH YAJYEN”, “PURUSH MEDH YAJYEN” and “DAH KARAM” and “ANTEYESHATI KARAM”. Atharvaveda mantra 10/8/26 says “YEH CHAKAR SAH JAJAR” means He (God) who makes the body, He destroys the same one day. Sense of Yajurveda mantra 39/5 is that when the soul leaves the body then the soul wanders in so many places, takes another body according to its previous deeds (karmas).

Yajurveda mantra 39/6 says that the soul after leaving the body first day goes to Savita (sun), second day agnihi (fire), third Vaayu (normal air), fourth Aditya, fifth chandrma (moon), sixth ritu (seasons), seventh marutah, eighth brihaspati (tiniest air), ninth mitrah (breathing), tenth varunah (udan air), eleventh indrah (electricity), twelfth Vishvedevah (in all divine qualities). Then, after wandering in sky, gets body according to previous deeds. So these twelve days are completed, then after 13 days the soul takes another body. Rigveda mandal 10 sukta 135 says that normally soul after getting body faces the result of its past lives’ deeds and under influence of illusion (duly attracted towards illusion) does sins and again gets birth to face the sins. The soul is immortal and always separate from body. When an aspirant meets with a learned Acharya and gets spiritual education, then the fourth mantra says that the soul gets salvation

Mantra is APAANG PRAANGETI SWDHAYAA GRIBHITAH AMARTYO MARTYENAA SAYONIHI. TA SHASHVANTA VISHUCHINA VIYANTA NYA NYAM CHIKYURN NI CHIKYURNYAM.

Soul according to its good or bad (APANGETI) takes bodies of animals, birds, insects etc., and (PRANG) bodies of Rishis, Munis, i.e., (uuch Yoni) best bodies after leaving the present body, the soul (SWDHAYAA GRIBHITAH) duly attached with its own power of taking birth according to pious deeds and sins, enters other bodies (AMARTAYAH) though the soul is away from death being immortal but after death of bodies, takes new bodies. These ideas of Vedas has very well been mentioned in Bhagwat Geeta shlok 2/20 wherein Yogeshwar Shri Krishna says (AJO NITYAH SHASHWATOAYAM PURAANNO NA HANYTE HANYAMANNE SHARIRE ) i.e., the soul is (AJAH NITAYAH SHASHWATOH) never takes birth and is eternal (NAHANYATE HANAYMANNE SHARIRE) in fact after death of body too soul is never dead being immortal. (TASHASHVANTA) this process of death and birth of bodies and souls is eternal.

(VISHUCHINA VYANTA) soul and bodies goes far away to different directions [soul goes to Savita etc., {given below} according to Yajurveda chapter 39 and then takes birth and get another bodies and five elements of bodies goes to space and are mixed within air, fire etc., according to Yajurveda mantra 40/15] (ANYAM NICHIKYHU) many learned knows about this fact (ANYAM NICHIKYHU) another who are lack of knowledge of Vedas do not know the fact, i.e., we mostly know our body but not ourselves, i.e., soul. Death is sure i.e., the body will have to be cremated one day.

[ul]
[li][B][U] Sanskar[/U][/B]: Hindus especially Brahmins perform all the sanskar as per Vedas, as Vedas knowledge got limited to them in kaliyug. The sanskar as per Vedas to be performed for every soul taken birth as human beings are under the guidance of a learned Guru who knows Vedas because in every sanskar the havan is perforemed with Vedic mantras. These all were performed in Satyug, Dwapur, treta yuga and too by Shri Ram, Shri Krishna etc.[/li]

1. Garbhdhan Sanskar — which is performed just after marriage and before pregnancy to have a good baby.
  2. Punsvan sanskar —which is peformed just after pregnancy of second or third month.
  3. Seemantonnayan sanskar —in 4th, 6th or in 8th month of pregnancy.
  4. Jaatkaram Sanskar —just after birth of a baby i.e., the same day.
  5. Naamkaran sanskar —after 101 days of birth in which name of the baby is announced.
  6. Nishkraman sanskar— when the mother and baby comes out of the house. In the 3rd or 4th month totravel or to go anywhere.
  7. Annprasahn sanskar— in the 6th month of the baby after birth on the same day of birth. In this sanskarthe baby is allowed to take solid food because up to 5th month baby had been taking milk/water only.
  8. Churakaram sanskar i.e., Mundan sanskar—in the first or third year.
  9. Karanvedh sanskar— ear piercing ceremony.
  10. Upnayan sanskar i.e., allowing baby to go school first time.
  11. Vedaarambh sanskar i.e., to start study of Vedas in 6to 8 years.
  12. Samavartan sanskar— i.e., the baby has attained the knowledge of Vedas. It is performed in the age of fourteen years.13. Vivah sanskar i.e., marriage ceremony.
  13. Vanprasth sanskar— in the age of 51 plus.
  14. Sanyas sanskar — in the age of 75 plus or at any age when anyone becomes ascetic.
  15. then the last, Anteshti sanskar when death comes. This sanskar is of dead body i.e., cremation
    [li]Aswamedh yajen: These yajen was performed by lord Krishna, rama etc and all great ancient kings as per Vedas. It does not mean horses are to be slaughtered as explained by Maxmuller and other western scholars and offered in yajen. It is a mistake to interpret Vedas as per words. It actually is :[/ul] The meaning of Ashwamedh Yaj is, “to perform the Yaj for the benefit of the nation”. Here the literal meaning of ashwa in Vedas is nation and not horse. Rigveda mantra 5/27/5 states that the person who wishes to obtain chakravarti rajya (to be monarch), he organizes Ashwamedh Yaj. In the Yaj he listens the Vedic mantra and do Yajyen by controlling his senses, organs and mind. Rigveda mantra 5/27/6 states that king and his public must organize Ashwamedh Yaj i.e., to build a long live strong kingdom. In this way king must depute learned acharya of Vedas to spread the knowledge of Vedas all over the nation, so that the people must be learned to be away from illusion and sins and must obey the rules and regulations etc., etc. [/li]
    Ideally the king must himself organize Yaj and more and more wherein he must sit to listen the Vedas, especially the subject, “how to rule”, so that a strong, happy, rich and long live nation is built. So Ashwamedh means nation. Ashwamaed Yaj is performed by a strong king. The main benefit of the Yajyen is that it gives long-life to the entire nation. A horse also is prepared as a part of Yajyen (if done by the king) and is set to roam free. It showcases the power of the king. To challenge rule of a king one has to hold the horse. He has to protect the Ashwa, the horse.

In the Ashwamedh Yaj special Ved mantras are chanted in the Yaj and aahuti are offered. In the Ved mantras the prayer is done from the core of heart, that in the nation Brahmin, Kshatriye, Vaishya and Shudra are born to protect the nation well. Cow, bullock, horse and some strong character-full ladies, girls are born. Pious desires are fulfilled, timely rains occur, the public live long happy life. So the Ashwamedh Yaj is specially organised by the strong king for the benefit of the public. Mantras offered in Ashwamedh Yajyen will bring peace to the nation.

Ashwamedh Yaj which is the best Yaj, is organized by a strong king for the benefit of the Yaj/nation. However, you can organize Yaj for the peace in nation for three days, five days or seven days.

[COLOR=black]OM[/COLOR]

[ul]
[li][B][U]Casteism and Vedas[/U][/B]:This was ploy used by britishers and Christian missionaries to destroy the ancestral heritage of India. The varnna (caste system) to be considered by birth has been made by us post mahabharat war but originally the varnna (Brahmin, kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudra) based on their deeds and not by birth has been made by God, as is also mentioned in Yajurveda mantra 31/11. [/li]
Secondly, God does not permit to hate anybody on the earth and those who do, they commit sins. So as per the said Ved mantra, if a Brahmin’s boy does not gain Vedic knowledge and thus does not follow the path of Vedas but shows activity of a Kshatriya then according to Vedas, he is Kshatriya and not Brahmin and if Kshatriya gains the quality of Brahmin, he will be Brahmin not Kshatriya. So is the case of rest of the varnnas.Examples are Rishi Vishwamitra who was a king later on he acquired knowledge of Vedas and realized God and became brahmarishi, the nava naths etc.
[li][B][U]Gotra system[/U][/B]: People in ancient times has formulated this system to maintain lineage.The disiples and sons of rishis after receiving education went to other places and kept name of rishis as gotra to identify from which rishi they have got knowledge and so on. Like people of kashyap Gotra are from the lineage of Kashay rishi, similarly having vashistha as gotra means you are from lineage of vashistha rishi. People from same gotra do not marry as they are considered brother and sister and as per Vedas brother and sister should not marry.[/li][li][B][U]Temple[/U][/B][B][U] and idol worship[/U][/B]: As per Vedas god is formless.He is to be worshipped by yajen andrealised by astanga yoga practice as per samaveda. As matter of fact, idol worship started when Buddhism and Jainism came into existence. The God’s worship is in Vedas which emanate direct from God, wherein idol worship is not mentioned.[/li]So, on the basis of the qualities of the God, as mentioned in Vedas, God is known and when an aspirant follows/obeys the path of Vedas i.e., worship, Ashtang yoga practice, listening of Vedas, Yajyen etc., under guidance of an acharya, then he attains Samadhi i.e., realizes God too. So, as per Vedas, no need of idol worship.

If someone believes that God is everywhere then why does he avoid wine, smoking, theft, etc., etc. inside the temple and does outside? Actually realization is subject of deep study of Vedas and to observe thereon. Sagunn means with eternal qualities mentioned in Ved mantras because the meaning of Sa+Gunn means ‘with qualities’. So God has unlimited qualities like formless, omnipresent, etc., etc. and nirakar means shapeless. One can not break the rules and regulations of God mentioned in Vedas. Vedas are self-proof and cannot be denied. As per my Guru Ji. How present day all siddha yogis are worshipped . Famous pilgrimage places are associated with these great yogis where they have Done hard tapasya, penance, astanga yoga practice and realized God. That?s the reason when you go to these ancient temples and ask a wish with sincerity and devotion it gets fulfilled by there power of God realization a.Ex sabrimala with Lord Ayappa, shiva ji, rama, Krishna etc, 12 Jyotirlingas, shrines of vaishnao Devi, etc.Gods and Goddess are siddha realised beings may have celestial form earlier i have told in my post where swami Nityananda has said.[/ul]Similarly the belief of Hindus that God is present in every being, worshipping trees etc Brahma is every where is as per vedas. Further food is offered to God first as food itself is considered brahmam, further GOD should be remembered first as per vedas. Hindus First offer every thing to God as he is the reason for us and ever present, beyond destruction unlike us. Further many siddha yogis or realised souls have taken birth time and again and told us the importance of everything, so all those also got added and then this tradition has emerged over a pretty long time as i have told you earlier.

So this ends my understanding of indian tradition after studting vedas.

Om

It is always delightful to read your posts, Rashmi.

I also believe God is in everything … and this is why I am confused by the meaning of transsubstantiation in Eucharist. I believe any bread, any food we eat is the body of Christ. (As God is in everything, or should I just say God is everything). If you believe this, the theory of transsubstantiation is unnecessary.
But I still accept the cerebration of the ritual as a from of worship, as a special moment what evokes the feeling of mystery in the hearts of believers.