Vegetarian Dinner Ideas

Anyone have any? :slight_smile:
If you have any delicious recipes I would love to hear all about them. I’m stuck on what to make tonight. Thanks in advance!

Namaste

Well, better late than never!

One of my favorite, quick ideas:

Whole wheat Linguini or Fettuccine, cooked
In olive oil, low heat, saute baby portabellas, garlic, onion, zucchini, yellow squash (and whatever else you like, but those are my favorites) Season as you like. I add lots of Basil, fresh when I have it and sea salt and some cracked pepper. Last minute I add some spinach leaves, just so they wilt.

Add the above to the pasta and top with cheese. Simple and easy!

FYI regarding vegetarian and cheese. Check your label. If it says enzyme or rennet, under ingredients, it is animal. Do some research on rennet if you are a strict vegetarian. Look for microbial or plant enzyme. If you aren’t, there’s not a problem. I do know that Applegate Farms, Sargento and Chabot don’t add animal enzyme to most of their cheeses. So, with that said, find a vegetarian option for parmesan or other italian cheeses you may like to add to the pasta. Or you can leave it cheese-free!

One of my all time favourites is Tabouleh.

4 bunch of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 bunch of finely chopped mint
1 finely chopped spring onion
3 tomatoes, chopped into small cubes
3 tablespoon fine bulgur
1 lemon, juice
olive oil
Salt and red pepper or paprika powder

• prepare the bulgur (read the package how to prepare it, mine I have to soak for 30 min. in water in a closed bowl)

• when the bulgur is ready, in a large bowl add all the ingredients and the spices. Toss together. Enjoy.

look up kichari recepies …those that are with wegetables

I have small business making vegetarian meals mostly from my garden, and have found this guy so inspirational. His name is Ottolenghi, he has restaurants in London and cooks mostly vegetarian food. His recipes are simple interesting and exciting. You will fing a whole lot of his recipes here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/yotamottolenghi