Weird proportions during visualisation

Dear people,

This question of mine has remained unanswered for years. Perhaps somebody on this forum would be able to give me some feedback? So far I haven’t met anybody who even knows what I’m talking about. So, here it is:

Sometimes, when in trans, I start to visualize things. And whatever I see/feel in my mind, has a weird feeling of abnormal size/proportion. For example, if I visualize my hand holding a pen, it feels as if my hand was gigantic and the pen was tiny, or the other way around. This bizarre proportion-sensation tends to grow and whatever I visualize, it becomes either giant or small. Unless I open my eyes, the sensation remains and at some point gets too weird to continue.

I know the description probably doesn’t make any sense…But I trust that if anybody around here has ever experienced anything similar, it probably would make sense. So…any comments?

my two cents:

I have experienced this. I perceive it is due to this: In the world beyond the physical illusion of maya, there are no size and weight laws (gravity, physical-dimensions). When you open your eyes, it is connected to your brain, and automatically triggers the area of the brain that switches into “matter” mode - the quantifying and analytical aspect of the brain which many correctly or incorrectly refer to as the left hemisphere.
Close the eyes, and your body switches into a more perceptive mode towards the world beyond material illusion.

[QUOTE=michfridman;73042]Dear people,

This question of mine has remained unanswered for years. Perhaps somebody on this forum would be able to give me some feedback? So far I haven’t met anybody who even knows what I’m talking about. So, here it is:

Sometimes, when in trans, I start to visualize things. And whatever I see/feel in my mind, has a weird feeling of abnormal size/proportion. For example, if I visualize my hand holding a pen, it feels as if my hand was gigantic and the pen was tiny, or the other way around. This bizarre proportion-sensation tends to grow and whatever I visualize, it becomes either giant or small. Unless I open my eyes, the sensation remains and at some point gets too weird to continue.

I know the description probably doesn’t make any sense…But I trust that if anybody around here has ever experienced anything similar, it probably would make sense. So…any comments?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is because you are visualising…perhaps you shouldn’t do this…we have enough in our minds without visualising and thereby adding more xx

michfridman, i assume that is just a play of the mind…medical people have a name for it for sure;)

i know what you are talking about…i have experienced it…but for me objects and my own body or body parts were small and huge AT THE SAME TIME! That used to drive me nutttts! later i’ve learned just to surrender to this felleing and observe it…cause there are so many things …strange things… that to explain all of them will take thousands lives:)