Weird Tension in Upper Chest (thymus gland?)

h ttp://psy.cc/img/5725/images/dgmtn86_4f3rv2jvt_b.jpg

at exactly the two places that are marked in the picture (left part) I feel a pressure. I have read that this is caused by the thymus gland, but I’m not sure this is true. What part of the body produces this tension and how can I dissolve this?

Thanks in advance

The link did not work…but I think I found the picture… is this it http://psy.cc/img/5725/images/dgmtn86_4f3rv2jvt_b.jpg ??

That is not the location of the thymus gland…and it is tiny in adults and is very unlikely to cause and tension/pain/problems.

More likely to be a muscular issue…or maybe stress…when does it hurt/feel tension?
What asana practice are you doing?

Yes that is the picture. I know, the thymius gland is below the throat, in the upper part of the upperchest, below the upper part of the breastbone.
The reason I think the thymus glands is causing this, is because it feels like there is something stiff at the spot of the thymus gland. Also, when I breath into that area, I feel hear something cracking there. It feels like the thymus gland has become really hard and stiff. When I wake up, I feel a lot of tension in my upper body. Then I release this tension with some butterfly exercises from kundalini, and breathing in while arms are moving backwards, what is left an hour later is a hard thymus gland (or at least something in that precise spot) that i producing new tension during the day.
It’s like there is something there that produces tension, which I can remove by doing exercises, but the source of this tension (which is locates at the exact spot of the thymus gland) is still there and is felt all the time.
Asana practice I don’t know, but I do kundalini exercises, which work really well to open the chest and remove the tension.

I hope someone can give me advice about what do to based on this (somewhat weird?) story.

It is highly unlikely to be the thymus gland…it is tiny in adults…do you have any issues with swallowing? or breathing?

It could more likely be a muscular problem tight/strained…I do not know about the exercises you mention…the "butterfly"exercise seems o be for opening the hips…do not know which breathing exercise you are referring to…

You could try some asana work t open the chest…

http://www.youtube.com/user/yogacambodia1#p/a/u/2/IECCl-JAEWM

No issues with swallowing or breathing. It’s morning here now and I feel some big tension there now. What else could it be? I thought is was a fact that the heart chakra was connected to the thymus gland?

Or it could be something behind the thymus gland?

[QUOTE=harhas;66258]Or it could be something behind the thymus gland?[/QUOTE]

that what I though… because the gland is not likely to make cracking sounds you have mentioned before…

Anyways, I would advise some chest opening poses like fish and some easy breathing…

What is you practice like now? What poses you do and what pranayama you do?

I think there are muscles there that get sore. However, I am not sure why they would make a crackling noise.

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. I went to the doktor for a medical analyses. Turns out I have a chronical inflammation on the back side of my breastbone, which has been causing all the complaints I have been trying to get rid of…
Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Greetings

Hi Harhas,

I have exackly the same thing and Ive been troubled with it for over a year. This cracking sounds and pressure, and I also feel thickened in the throat as well as having long periods of feeling sick and weak.

I would really like to come in contact with you and see if you got well and what made you well. The doctors cant find any problem with my body, so I wonder how they came up with you having an infection behind the breastbone?

Best regards,

Robin Horqvist