What are these events?

is it possible that someone could tell me what these things mean?
there is a hindu temple and these are events there

Pooja / Shiv Abhishekam

Bhajan, Kirtan, Pravachan, Aartin and Prasad

Shiv Abhishekam

Ramayan/Sunderkand Paath

Satyanarayan Pooja

Thank you very much
seeker

[quote=tubeseeker;4867]is it possible that someone could tell me what these things mean?
there is a hindu temple and these are events there

Pooja / Shiv Abhishekam

Bhajan, Kirtan, Pravachan, Aartin and Prasad

Shiv Abhishekam

Ramayan/Sunderkand Paath

Satyanarayan Pooja

Thank you very much
seeker[/quote]

Namste !

I will be most happy to explain this in a very simple terms… let me know if u have any questions. A more detailed explanation of this terms could be further read on WIKIPEDIA.

Pooja:- Pooja can be of any type, it has to do with worshiping of diety in Temple. It can be as simple as putting some flowers on the deity and chanting some Mantra or it can be as complex as 2 to 10 hour rituals where complete rituals and prayers formed according to the vedas.
Shiv Abhishekam:- Shiv Abhishekam is pouring of milk or water on Shiv Linga and reciting some lengthy series of mantra often known as Mahimna or Rudram…

Bhajan, Kirtan:- Both are somewhat similiar… different ways of saying it. Here one sings devotional songs like Jai Uttpal or Krishna Das style of singing…

Pravachan:- Spiritual discourses or lectures on some spiritual topic by known scholars or sages.

Aarti and Prasad :- You light up something like tea light candle size DIYAS and with music and sound , you pray to god. After Aarti , you get prasad… prasad is something eatable offered to god during the aarti and later consumed by devotees.

Ramayan/Sunderkand Paath :- Its an epic… written in sanskrit and read by hindu devotees of lord Rama. Sunderkaand paath is part of the Ramayaan , can say a short part of chapter…

Satyanarayan Pooja:- A pooja done during the full moon day , to please lord satyanarayana.

Hope this helps.

Hari OM !

thank you very much for taking the time to write that, it is very helpful
may you be blessed on your journey
seeker

These events are traditional Hindu rituals and ceremonies. Pooja and Shіv Abhishekam are offerings and prayers to Lord Shіva. Bhajan, Kirtan, and Aarti are forms of devotional singing and worship, often followed by Prasad, which is a blessed offering of food. Ramayan/Sunderkand Paath involves recitations from the Ramayana, an epic Hindu scripture. Satyanarayan Pooja is a special worship ceremony dedicated to Lord Vishnu. For organizing and inviting people to these events, using evite can make the process much simpler. It's great to see such rich cultural practices being shared and celebrated!