What book should i read after "autobiography of a yogi" by P.Y?

this is the best book i have ever read…
what are complementary books for this?

[QUOTE=nikhilarya;40608]this is the best book i have ever read…
what are complementary books for this?[/QUOTE]

Second Coming of Christ, by Paramahansa Yogananda. It has two volumes, cca 800 pages each. It is a monumental opera, explaining a huge number of
concepts and issues.

“Autobiography…” has turned so many into seekers, including myself. I assume to be your senior and would take liberty to advice 2 things:

1. While the words and accounts of great Yogis are certainly precious, they will themselves advise you [B]to practice[/B]. That really holds the key.

2. Be choosy in what and how much you read. Oak333 has recommended excellent reading. Read also “Living with the Himalayan Masters” by Swami Rama. Like PY, here you will find people coming from all walks of life and embracing Yoga; very insightful. But, please let reading and practice go hand-in-hand that will make you a better reader and the words will acquire new meaning in your life.

You can also do the SRF Self Realization Lessons written by Yogananda- this series of lessons covers everything from spiritual living, how to do meditation techniques, healing the body, diet, how to live principles etc. they send you the lessons every two weeks by mail, one lesson per week.
The preliminary lessons (about 1 year) prepares the body, mind and soul for the highly liberating technique of kriya yoga. The airplane route to the infinite.
you do not have to be a Yogananda follower to do the lessons, it is open to anyone and everyone,whether you are a christian, buddhist, pure scientist or just curious. and there is no pressure what so ever to join or become initiated by the guru disciple relationship (diksha)
There are also many wonderful books, tapes and cds by senior monastics. Daya Mata (amazing!!!) Brother anandamoy (incredible!!!)
It will quench the thurst of all truth seeking souls and by applying the techniques with sincerity will take you to the highest goal.

another Swamij who i admire is Swami Sivanandaji from the Divine Life society. He has a book called from man to god-man. wonderful

godbless

i would recommend 'living with Himalayan masters by swami rama.

Interesting question. However I’ve not read the book you mention so the best I could do is suggest something I found helpful. That would not, of course, speak to “complementary”.

I tend to read the works of Sri Aurobindo. However…it is very heady stuff often forcing me to re-read a small paragraph over and over again. Even then I don’t fully get it:-) That aside, there are two other books I’ve found to be eye opening. The first is The Science of Yoga by I.K. Taimni. The other is Fire of Love by Aadil Palkhivala.

The first book is a very deep, concise, revealing exploration of the Yoga Sutras. The second is a highly organized, simple, powerful book covering the segments of living Yoga.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;40658]

Read also “Living with the Himalayan Masters” by Swami Rama.

.[/QUOTE]

I see here something about Swami Rama:

http://www.answers.com/topic/swami-rama

He was accused of sexual assault and harassment. A lady was awerded cca two million dollars by the courts.

Thanks for the info. But, I was recommending the book; and not the author.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;40766]Thanks for the info. But, I was recommending the book; and not the author.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The author might have been very good indeed, but human beings are
human beings. Afterall, they all have weaknesses.

Dalai Lama recognized recently in a newspaper interview that he had " a weakness for beautiful ladies." Don’t we all ? Is this reallly a weakness ? I
think that the man who does not have such a “weakness” is actually sick.

Just my opinion.

[QUOTE=omguruom;40673]You can also do the SRF Self Realization Lessons written by Yogananda- this series of lessons covers everything from spiritual living, how to do meditation techniques, healing the body, diet, how to live principles etc. they send you the lessons every two weeks by mail, one lesson per week.
The preliminary lessons (about 1 year) prepares the body, mind and soul for the highly liberating technique of kriya yoga. The airplane route to the infinite.
you do not have to be a Yogananda follower to do the lessons, it is open to anyone and everyone,whether you are a christian, buddhist, pure scientist or just curious. and there is no pressure what so ever to join or become initiated by the guru disciple relationship (diksha)
There are also many wonderful books, tapes and cds by senior monastics. Daya Mata (amazing!!!) Brother anandamoy (incredible!!!)
It will quench the thurst of all truth seeking souls and by applying the techniques with sincerity will take you to the highest goal.

another Swamij who i admire is Swami Sivanandaji from the Divine Life society. He has a book called from man to god-man. wonderful

godbless[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you.

One point though: Swami Sivananda has many books, of unbelievable depth and competence. E. g: The Science of Pranayama, Kundalini Yoga, The Practise of Meditation etc etc. He has many other books, which you can read
online from the Divine Life Society.

I am here just with the same question, I have read tons of yoga related books, and now I am looking for more. I am also a true fan of Kindle and even their kindle customer service , so that I am searching for some nice electronic books, too. I would be grateful for every recommendation.

Chapt1-4.indd (amruta.org)