What can replace child pose(Balasana)?

Hi, I want to know what position can replace child position and give me exacly the same benefits? Because I can't do it properly and I don't feel it when I'm doing it. The top of my feet can't even be flat on the floor it's giving me pain.

Use pillow to support your legs and do it.

But eventually, you need to fix that. If you find difficulty in doing any simple posture then it is an indication that your body has that limitations or deformity or muscle imbalance.

The beauty of yoga is that it predicts your future illness by indicating limitations today.

Good morning beautiful souls!

I am also looking for a substitute pose for Balasana - but please, not a modification. I have tried them. I have a challenged back and and an abundant waist. Bolsters and blocks won't work here. And lying on my back on a hard wooden floor is also not an option. What poses might provide some of the same calming aspects without the challenges that Balasana has for me?

If you're looking for alternatives to Child's Pose (Balasana) in your yoga practice, here are a few poses that offer similar benefits of relaxation, gentle stretching, and grounding:

1. Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana): This pose is similar to Child's Pose, but your hips remain lifted and your arms extend forward, creating a longer stretch along the spine and shoulders.
  2. Thread the Needle Pose: Start in a tabletop position and slide one arm under the opposite arm while lowering your shoulder and cheek to the mat. This pose provides a gentle twist and shoulder stretch.
  3. Extended Child's Pose (Utthita Balasana): Similar to Puppy Pose, this variation involves extending your arms forward while keeping your hips lifted, creating a stretch through the spine and shoulders.
  4. Wide-Legged Child's Pose: From a wide-legged stance, lower your hips toward the mat and reach your arms forward. This pose provides a gentle stretch for the inner thighs and groin.
  5. Rabbit Pose (Sasangasana): Sit on your heels and reach back to hold your heels with your hands. Tuck your chin to your chest and round your spine forward, creating a stretch along the back and shoulders.
  6. Baby Dragon Pose: Similar to a low lunge, this pose involves stepping one foot forward and placing your hands on the mat inside your front foot. This stretches the hip flexors while maintaining an active and grounded position.
  7. Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottanasana): Sit with your legs extended in front of you and fold forward from the hips, reaching for your feet or ankles. This provides a gentle stretch for the hamstrings and lower back.
  8. Melting Heart Pose (Anahatasana): Start in a tabletop position and walk your hands forward, lowering your chest toward the ground while keeping your hips elevated. This pose offers a deep stretch for the upper back and shoulders.

Remember that each of these poses has its unique qualities, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and feels comfortable for your body. Always practice mindfully, listen to your body, and adapt the poses as necessary to ensure you're getting the benefits without straining.

Child's Pose or Balasana is very effective in alleviating stress levels and providing relief from back problems. It is an excellent yoga posture. However, if you are unable to practice this pose, then you can replace it with Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana), Thread the Needle Pose (Parsva Balasana), Sphinx Pose, Seated Forward Bend Pose (Paschimottanasana) and Wide-Legged Child's Pose (A type of Balasana but a comfortable one)