What changes/additions would you like from yogaforums.com?

Have you ever thought, “It’s kind of annoying that…” or, “I wish that there was…” when browsing here at yogaforums.com? If so, let us know! We’d love to hear your ideas for improving the site. No promises that they’ll be implemented of course, but we’re always looking to make this a better site.

Thanks for any ideas or opinions you provide!

Hi David,

I wish it was compulsory for people to state at least their country of origin in their profile, it makes answering threads so much easier. It is such a schlepp to first send a pm to find out from which country a person is, by that time I have lost interest in answering their question. Why? Personally I feel that your country of origin tells a lot about you and the collective state that you find yourself in and that always influence an answer for me.

Just my little wish…:wink:

sorry for my newbie mistake logging in.
i would type my name / pw in and it would start logging me in.
my impatience lead me to click the other option.
so i was logged in but not.
so if u seen multiple logins ~ thats all on me. : )

i [B]always[/B] have the same problem as tommyd if i try to login on a computer other than my own. it says, thanks for loggin in nichole, but then it goes to the forum listings page and i am not logged in. if i click on the link as tommyd does, it still does not log me in, but again takes me to the forum listings page as a visitor.

thanks david =)

our search function too. i thought some work went into this already, but i just tried to search for TMJ, knowing that there are TMJ threads, but nothing came up.

thanks 2X

well atleast i know im not losing it ! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I’ll look into the login issue, sorry for the annoyance that is causing!

And Nichole, I need to rebuild the search database. I have to set aside some time late at night to do that as it is pretty hard on the server. But soon, I promise! :slight_smile:

Just an update, I rebuilt the search database but it didn’t change things for some reason. I must admit I’m confused and will be working with vBulletin techs to resolve the issue. :frowning:

Ok, the search issues are fixed :slight_smile: Woot!

they sure are—thank you for that !

its nice 2 see a yoga site where technical issues are taken care of.
i have signed up for several “yoga” sites that i have never been able to sign onto
even after receiving my password.
plus many more not yoga related.
thanks.

When I log in and view various threads of posts, sometimes my browser immediately jumps to the bottom of the screen and the reply box. It doesn’t happen all the time, though, and I haven’t observed any particular cause.
FYI, mostly the way I use these forums is to log on and hit the ‘new posts’ button pretty much right away.

[quote=Techne;15068]When I log in and view various threads of posts, sometimes my browser immediately jumps to the bottom of the screen and the reply box. It doesn’t happen all the time, though, and I haven’t observed any particular cause.
FYI, mostly the way I use these forums is to log on and hit the ‘new posts’ button pretty much right away.[/quote]
Are you noticing it on threads you’ve already read on a previous visit? If you’ve already read the thread and then there is a new post added, it will bring you to the new post instead of the top of the page.

is there a setting that i can make that will take me to the last posted instead of the first post ?

You can click on “View first unread” It’s on the top left of the beginning of the thread, or when you’re looking from “new posts” you can click on the little down facing arrow to the left of the thread title and it should bring you to the first unread post.

Xela - thank you! I hadn’t noticed that at all. That works really well.

This is a v-forum and many functions can be added.

I think that it would be nice to have a thank you button, to say thank you to someone’s post.

How about the reputation function where you add rep and a comment?

How is the forum promoted?

Thanks for providing your insight Fortis_in_Arduis!

I feel that the thank you hack is great for some boards, but don’t feel it’s quite right for a yoga forum. I’d like to keep the forum clean and streamlined and am of the opinion that it adds clutter to threads.

Should a forum full of yoga practitioners have a system where one’s reputation is voted to be higher than that of anothers? I don’t know the answer, I’m asking anyone reading this :slight_smile:

At present, I’m not doing any promotion other than search engine optimization. Do you have suggestions?

regarding reputation – I think reading the forums brings one to assessments on whether someone else’s experience or point of view is pertinant to one’s own, and that this is more useful than a consensus or voted reputation. And folks who do yoga know the value of experience and study.

Reputation serves to encourage quality posting.

I suppose that we might be earthy (like I am now, with the flu) when we make a post, but to put something of the beyond into what we are doing here will envigorate the community.

If someone makes a post and it makes you ‘sing’ inside and you feel that they are speaking truth, then adding to their reputation is something you can give them back. This is what I anticipate.

A thank you function will save us from having to post ‘Thank you so much for that’, or ‘I agree with you’.

I think that maybe our profiles could be filled out a little as well.

I would not object to putting up a little bit about what sort of yogi I might aspire to me, or just a few details, to make it a little more personal.

This forum is surely the best yoga forum that I have seen on the net. I much prefer the v-forum format. It comes up with a google search. I suppose we could start a facebook group? Send an email out to everyone who has registered on the forum with a ‘round robin’ email they could send to all their yogi associates? :slight_smile:

Aesthetics: I think that we could put some pictures up which remind us of transcendence, such as lotuses. Maybe have a changing banner. A gallery.

Also the anthropology of yoga. Should there be a forum section for this?

Just thinking aloud here… x