Shuddhi Kriya refers to a cleansing or purification practice. It is a set of techniques that aim to purify the body, mind, and spirit by removing impurities and toxins. The method of Shuddhi Kriya is believed to have many benefits, including improving digestion, increasing energy levels, boosting the immune system, and reducing stress and anxiety.
There are various Shuddhi Kriya techniques in yoga, including:
- Neti: A technique that involves using a neti pot to rinse the nasal passages with saline water.
- Kapalbhati: A breathing technique that involves rapid exhalations followed by passive inhalation.
- Trataka: A technique that involves gazing at a fixed point or object to improve concentration and focus.
- Shankhaprakshalana: A technique that involves drinking a large amount of warm saltwater and performing a series of yoga poses to stimulate the digestive system and eliminate toxins.
- Dhauti: A technique that involves cleansing the digestive tract by drinking warm saline water and inducing vomiting.
It is essential to note that these techniques should be understood and practiced under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher to ensure proper technique and avoid any potential harm.
Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute is well-known for its research and practice of various yoga techniques, including Shuddhi Kriya. In fact, Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute has conducted scientific research studies on the effects of Shuddhi Kriya on the body and mind.
The institute has also integrated Shuddhi Kriya into its yoga therapy programs to help individuals with various health conditions.