Many people come to Dru Yoga classes as they enjoy the graceful, flowing sequences of this accessible type of yoga. Dru Yoga can be practised by people of all fitness levels and abilities. If you enjoy a gentle sequence of yoga postures, then try a Dru Yoga class.
And what is unique about Dru Yoga?
- Joints are kept relaxed and soft during movement (as in tai chi). This creates flexibility and a free flow of subtle energy.
- Energy Block Release sequences (EBRs) are easy-to-practise, flowing movements that help to release tension physically, mentally and emotionally.
- In Dru Yoga all movements originate from the spine because a flexible, healthy spine supports your entire yoga practice.
- The spinal wave and spinal twist are core features of Dru, enhancing spinal health and vitality.
- A deep understanding of core stability is a major focus.
- Dru Yoga works to balance the chakras (energy centres of the body) and access the powerful energy of the heart.
- Within the flow of movement, Dru Yoga creates powerful moments of stillness which we call ‘Dru points’.