What mat do you use and do you like it? List them here

Hey everyone,

I’m new to the community and wanted to know what type of mats others are using?

I bought a HUGE roll of 5/16th inch sticky mat because I am 6’2" and like to custom cut them for length. Other appreciate the free custom mats I give them too. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it’s not eco-friendly matting because I wasn’t aware of such a thing at the time, but now that I have it, I figure I might as well use it. My next roll will be more eco friendly.

I use a Prana natural mat. It is biodegradable and works very well for me

Prana Natural mat - click here

Sean

I use the manduka. I also like the mandara. Neither are eco friendly either, but you just can’t beat the cushioning of the manduka…and it’s lasted me forever!

jadeyoga mat…absolutely my best friend.

I use the Prana Eco mat. I just need to protect it from my cat who loves to scratch ait up.

I have the Jade Harmony Fusion - it is super sticky, but great for feeling secure in certain postures. I’ve never attempted to roll it up (it’s very thick and heavy), so I use the Gaiam eco rubber mat for classes.

Kiran, at least your cat just scratched yours - I ordered a jute mat, and within 5 minutes of unpacking it and laying it on the floor my cat thought it was a new litter box. Jute does not wash well.

My two yoga mats were gifts – I assume neither is eco friendly.
From time to time I take asanas on a folded woven blanket instead of a mat, just to check in on how much of my form is external. Warrior and standing lunges are different for me with a less grasping surface beneath my feet.

The best yoga mat I ever had was actually a yoga rug. It was great because when I got cold I could wrap myself in it to stay warm :P. The thing now looks like it went though a plane crash lol but its still my favorite.