Where has yoga been all my life?

Hi all, I,ve been practising yoga for the last 3 years, and just to say the least it has done the most incredible things to my outlook on life and how I react to situations that arise in my day to day dealings. I’m very excited to be a part of this forum and would love to share experiences with all.
Much Love to All, Namaste:D

Welcome yogi rigo. I just want to say that ‘where has yoga been all my life?’ was the thought I had after practicing for the first time.

Thanks a bunch, I’m currently on a plateau, you know those plateaus you hit every once in a while in your sadhana, I know that after the plateau I will rise to a higher level, but it’s kind of hard being on the plateau for so long. Ciao.

Same for me, mind was totally at awe after the first session. However, I also remember most part of body had pain for days. :smiley:

What is a higher level sadhana ? What is your expectations ?

I was thinking, in yoga don’t we go deeper, instead of higher, to reach for the Self ?

Namaste

What is a higher level sadhana ? What is your expectations ?

I was thinking, in yoga don’t we go deeper, instead of higher, to reach for the Self ?

Namaste

A higher level of sadhana was probably the wrong choice of words, what I meant was a higher level of awareness, as concerns expectations, I believe that I expect to feel emotionally,physically and psychologically lighter and unfettered as my practice advances.

You are right, of course we are supposed to go deeper instead of higher, then again we are just human beings. And believe me NO human being (including Patanjali, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and all the exalted mystics and sages of yore and may I be so bold as to say Christ himself) goes into any concern without an expectation … NO ONE. So sometimes it really amazes me that we pretend that as yogis we can do something so time consuming and at times tedious without any expetations at all. That would be very sweet in an ideal world, but it simply isn’t the reality. WHAT ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS? GOD BLESS YOU ALL. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=yogi rigo;62896]A higher level of sadhana was probably the wrong choice of words, what I meant was a higher level of awareness, as concerns expectations, I believe that I expect to feel emotionally,physically and psychologically lighter and unfettered as my practice advances.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying your practice is advancing, and yet the results (higher awareness, lightness & unfetterness) has plateaued ?

If so, kindly share your practice (e.g. frequency of attending asana classes, home asana practice, meditation, studying scriptures etc.).

Namaste