Which are the top Yoga schools in India

Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai

Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune

Bihar School of Yoga, Munger -Bihar

Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashram, Trivendrum

Ashtanga Yoga School, Mysore

Arhanta Yoga Ashram, Khajuraho ? Madhya Pradesh

Yoga Institute, Mumbai

The [B]TOP[/B] Yoga school is right near the top of the Himalayas run by a guy called Mahavatar Babaji, apparently the best in all India but not easy to find. Climb to almost very top highest point of Himalayas then meditate for long period, and Babaji should direct you to it.

Thanks a lot for sharing the information.

Bihar School of Yoga, definatly! Even though I love “my” ashram in Nasik, of course!

The Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, Dharamkott, Dharamsala is the place to learn yoga.

[QUOTE=hathayogi;66539]Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Yoga Institute, Mumbai[/QUOTE]

I would vote for

(a) Sivananda Ashram- Trivandrum &
(b) Kaivalyadham Lonawala (not mentioned in the list above)

Ravi

[QUOTE=hathayogi;66539]Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Yoga Institute, Mumbai[/QUOTE]

By Ashtanga yoga school which one do you mean? Do you know the instructor’s name? There are a lot of schools in Mysore, but not sure which one teaches authentic Ashtanga yoga.

I am aware that Pattabhi Jois is really good, but they do not give Teachers Training…

I am paid up packed and ready for my four week stay in July
Cheers love

From my personal experience, for a month long teacher training I can highly recommend Sivananda Yoga and Arhanta Yoga Ashram

Both highly professional and serious, and reputed.

This topic already has several yoga schools from India.
June last year I have done RYT200 From Divine Yoga Academy, and from the last 6 months, I am working as a Yoga Teacher in my own yoga studio. I thank Divine team for wonderful yoga teacher training.