Which are the top Yoga schools in India

Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai

Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune

Bihar School of Yoga, Munger -Bihar

Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashram, Trivendrum

Ashtanga Yoga School, Mysore

Arhanta Yoga Ashram, Khajuraho ? Madhya Pradesh

Yoga Institute, Mumbai
3 Likes

The [B]TOP[/B] Yoga school is right near the top of the Himalayas run by a guy called Mahavatar Babaji, apparently the best in all India but not easy to find. Climb to almost very top highest point of Himalayas then meditate for long period, and Babaji should direct you to it.

Thanks a lot for sharing the information.

Bihar School of Yoga, definatly! Even though I love “my” ashram in Nasik, of course!

The Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, Dharamkott, Dharamsala is the place to learn yoga.

[QUOTE=hathayogi;66539]Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Yoga Institute, Mumbai[/QUOTE]

I would vote for

(a) Sivananda Ashram- Trivandrum &
(b) Kaivalyadham Lonawala (not mentioned in the list above)

Ravi

[QUOTE=hathayogi;66539]Some of the most reputed Yoga schools providing good Yoga teacher training programs in India are (not in order):

Yoga Institute, Mumbai[/QUOTE]

By Ashtanga yoga school which one do you mean? Do you know the instructor’s name? There are a lot of schools in Mysore, but not sure which one teaches authentic Ashtanga yoga.

I am aware that Pattabhi Jois is really good, but they do not give Teachers Training…

I am paid up packed and ready for my four week stay in July
Cheers love

From my personal experience, for a month long teacher training I can highly recommend Sivananda Yoga and Arhanta Yoga Ashram

Both highly professional and serious, and reputed.

This topic already has several yoga schools from India.
June last year I have done RYT200 From Divine Yoga Academy, and from the last 6 months, I am working as a Yoga Teacher in my own yoga studio. I thank Divine team for wonderful yoga teacher training.

i have done recently from ashtasiddhi yoga school in Rishikesh they alsio have their branches in goa and bali. but i have done from rishikesh

For me it was Trimurti in Dharamsala! Had a really good time there:

One more to add in the list "Rishkesh"

Yoga schools are great, but I would also suggest doing it at home with online programs that are available for a wide audience, especially because of the pandemic. Doing it at home has many benefits, with the main one being extra comfort and affordability. Check out Gustavo Woltmann's website for more information and access to his newly launched online yoga classes.

In Addition to this Kaivalyadhama is one of the oldest scientific yoga research institute in the world.
It have School as well as college.Check this out.
Kaivalya Vidya Niketan School and
Gordhandas Seksaria College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis

Hey, do you want the best yoga ashram? I would suggest you to join Arhanta yoga.

Arhanta Yoga® is an international Yoga school with Yoga ashrams in India and the Netherlands. We help people to become confident and certified yoga teachers with our internationally accredited professional yoga teacher training courses. Our courses are based on our years of teaching experience. Since 2009, 6000+ yoga teachers have been certified from Arhanta Yoga ashrams.

Our online academy is developed to help the students who do not have time or access to a suitable course in their vicinity. All online courses are exactly the same as our onsite courses and provided accredited certification. All our online courses come with a full satisfaction guarantee. Join our online Yin Yoga, fundamentals of Ayurveda course or any other course and get certified on your own schedule.

Our Accreditations

Arhanta Yoga Ashrams are Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Federation, International Yoga Association and The CRKBO (The Netherlands).

Yoga is rapidly gaining popularity around the world, with many countries practicing it and even commemorating International Yoga Day.

There are many schools available to teach you how to do it and here are my top 3 recommendations:

1. Vivekananda Yoga University, VaYU - This has to be no. 1, no doubt. Because their course structure is so unique and the best part is that they don't just teach 'How to teach yoga' but their course covers research, therapy and philosophy. So you won't just learn about the practice but you'll also be able to innovate and come up with your own research findings. So I think, if you're considering yoga as a career, you should definitely give VaYU a chance.

2. SVYASA - SVYASA is kind of like an extension of VaYU. They offer similar course structure. In terms of placement the institute has tied up with yoga clubs and centre where the students can get decent packages. Internship or yoga skill building is an essential part of their course.

3. The Yoga Institute - Philosophy, concepts/terms, and other lecture subjects account for over 75% of the institute's lectures. The facilities are excellent, and there are few drawbacks. You'll learn a lot about philosophy here, maybe more than at any other institution other than a university. The anatomy and physiology lectures are highly detailed, and they provide you with a basic understanding of common disorders and how to build a treatment plan for them.

I can list more but I know best about these 3 schools. I hope my answer helps you. Good luck!