Why aren't GMO's "Labeled" in the Good Ol US OF A?

For your perusal . . .

The Link = http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/09/why-arent-gmo-foods-labeled.aspx

:cry:

i’d like to comment on few items in the article…

“consumers will steer clear of G.E. products if they can identify them. Which may make them unprofitable”

this is bs, since some people do not care about GMO and some would still buy because they can not afford the non-gmo.

The most scary thing is that these GMO species “escape” the farm and interfere with wildlife…well maybe this is another part of evolution… bad or good…who knows?:slight_smile:

but more likely (as researches shows) gmo will cause infertility for all living beens and this will be the end… boo!

[QUOTE=CityMonk;53733]i’d like to comment on few items in the article…

[B]“consumers will steer clear of G.E. products if they can identify them. Which may make them unprofitable”

this is bs, since some people do not care about GMO and some would still buy because they can not afford the non-gmo.[/B]

but more likely (as researches shows) gmo will cause infertility for all living beens and this will be the end… boo![/QUOTE]

MSNBC ran a poll in which something like 91% of the people said they would be in favor of labeling products that contain GMO. So from that I would gather that awareness is growing.

Whether or not they would buy them I believe would depend on the information that was available about GMO’s and their effects.
Legit Scientific impartial research studies. People do after-all value their health.

If the people didn’t buy this stuff these products would disappear off the shelves with the quickness. And it won’t really take much for the people to affect change.

But ‘they’ count on apathy. And why shouldn’t they?

[QUOTE=The Scales;53738]MSNBC ran a poll in which something like 91% of the people said they would be in favor of labeling products that contain GMO. So from that I would gather that awareness is growing.

If the people didn’t buy this stuff these products would disappear off the shelves with the quickness. And it won’t really take much for the people to affect change.

But ‘they’ count on apathy. And why shouldn’t they?[/QUOTE]

people do want to hear about these products but it’s too bad our politicians don’t work for us, they work for the corporations.

anything for money in amerika.