Why do u need to avoid eating after yoga practice?

Hello!

I ve been told not to eat for at least 30 minutes after the practice.
And also , that it would be better not to drink straight after.
Does anyone know the reason?
To be honest, I do not feel like eating for the next hour almost, but about drinking, I m totally dehydrated (power yoga).

Cheers

Hi, Ask the person who told you. You should drink…if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated…so drink plenty of water.
Wait until you are hungry…then eat. I regularly eat very soon after my practice because it is breakfast time and I am hungry…so I eat…after an evening practice…it is bed time and not so hungry…

Moderation in all things is a yogic precept especially as it relates to eating or the dietary amount. Always being slightly hungry is ,i think a good thing.The Hatha Yoga Pradipika suggests as a rough rule of thumb and i think it’s a good one- stomach- half-full of food/solids , one-quarter water/liquids and one quarter empty/air. I’d suggest try to avoid drinking during asana as it tends to bring your energies down instantly.You can drink after or eat after. You should make up your own mind.Trust your own judgement and experience.Never put anyone else’s above your own whther they have the tile of guru or swami or whatever supposed authority they put themself on.It has always got to be litmus-tested in the light of your own experience which should be the primary indicator and guide…Never sell-out or dismiss your own experience in favour of some person saying do this or that;Always question.