Willie: question

Arghh…I think I have made a big mistake. I copied the old thread about Member Greater Than and created a new thread about members pushing other forms of exercise above yoga on the Forum. Sofar sucessful. In the new thread I then selected the post before mine and selct at bottom right to delete these posts and somehow it deleted the whole thread as well as those that I have marked in the original thread. I said it must be deleted permantly, so I don’t think it can be reinstated?

Sorry about this, perhaps I am just tired and should rather go to bed and try again tomorrow.

Willie
Please do not pm about admin/mod issues because we all need to see what is being done and we need tracks in the mod board.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to explain to me, so please try again after some sleep :slight_smile:

Please(!) never delete something permanently. I can’t think of the scenario where you would have that be your only choice, but if you ended up there, then abort the operation.

Ok, here goes again:

In the Thread of [I]Member: Greater Than Jesus[/I], (http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f22/member-greater-than-jesus-4965.html) I posted a concern about users pushing other exercises above yoga and ending up not discussing yoga at all, but rather their form of martial art. I compared it to somebody who use the Forum to push the nike running shoes or cellphones. You have asked me (and that message still sits at the bottom of that Thread) to start a new thread with this question for future reference. What I did, I copied the whole Thread, that is [I]Member: Greater than Jesus[/I]. I renamed it to [I]Future Ref: Pushing other subjects above yoga[/I]. Then in the new thread I selected all the posts before my message by clicking in the little tick box provided with each post. At the bottom right there is a drop menu where I selected delete posts. In the next screen it asked me for the soft or permanent delete, I selected the permanent as I felt it was there in the original thread under [I]Member: Greater Than Jesus[/I] and we don’t need another reference to them in this new thread. After I selected to go ahead and went back, the whole new thread was deleted as well as my original post in the thread [I]Member: Greater Than Jesus[/I].

I really don’t kn ow what happened there. Will start during the course of today a new thread as I can still remember what I have said in that post.

Hope this makes more sense?

it does, indeed. thanks for the explaining it again.
rather than copying the thread to begin a new thread, what i was asking for was a new thread beginning with that singular post. this job would use the “copy posts” tool and then you would have to create a new thread title for it.

you could just leave the original thread as is, and just begin a new thread with a new post, but i was hoping to give you more practice with the mod tools.

just to be sure, you have been seen and been using both the of the drop-down menus as your mod tools? there is the thread-tool dropdown at the top of threads and a post-tool dropdown at the bottom.

Yes, I have seen and have used the two different drop menus, top I see is for threads and bottom is for posts. :slight_smile:

I can still remember what I have said in that post and will start a new post during the course of today.