Wine

Good in moderation or is Alcohol just Alcohol?

I recently completed a documentary centering on a winemaker/Yogi/self proclaimed alchemist who says his wine can be used as a self development tool.

“AUM: You Are What You Drink” is the title.

The trailer can be checked out here - youtube[dot]com/theaumfilm

Alcohol is alcohol, and despite the hype, it’s simply a toxin from a pharmacological perspective. There’s a reason the gurus advised us against drinking alcohol in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.

Some tantrics agree with you though. Wine is one of the 5 panchamakaras along with meat, sex, fish, and parched grain. Even then, there’s the argument that these things are only meant to be symbolic - and not just an excuse to get drunk and screw.

Well, by the definition of the chemistry the alcohol is not only alcohol. A slight difference
between carbon or hydrogen molicules and their number changes the type of alcohol.
Science doesn’t accept spirtualism. :slight_smile:

Understand alchemy first.

And pharmaceuticals remember that carbondioxide is a most poisonous gas constantly occurring in your bodies.

At least wine is not made by perverse operations. :slight_smile:

All personal opinion of course.

Oh, I will have to read up on this. I enjoy a nice dry chianti. :slight_smile:

Well, drinking red wine in moderation is considered to be good for your heart. However, drinking too much of it is bound to have ill effects on your health.

Even a single alcohol molecule is harmful.

http://www.icap.org/PolicyTools/ICAPBlueBook/Annex1TheBasicsaboutAlcohol/tabid/116/Default.aspx