Yoga after back fracture

I am writing in hopes that you will be able to offer some suggestions (and maybe even someone to work with) as to how I can safely move back into my yoga practice after my back injury. It has now been almost 5 months since my fall where I fractured Thoracic 6 & 7. The fall was from 7 feet and I fell flat on my tailbone, however the injury went up my spine in the form of 2 compression fractures and a disk that has been pushed out of its place. MRI suggests that it rubs against the sheath (if that makes sense to you)? Long story short, I am healing, but have not been able to do anything without pain up until now.

I am hoping (desperate actually) to start getting some mobility back, but I am concerned that I could potentially do life long damage if I go about it the wrong way. I realize that it is very hard for you to offer too much advice, but I am reaching dead ends with all doctors who don’t seem to tell me much about being proactive with rehabilitation. Any words of advice or people in Boston who you could recommend me seeing would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so very much, Mukunda. C

It would not be good to give advice to you regarding this situation unless you make an appointment to see me when I am in town next July or Sept. So for a referral I would recommend contacting Chip Hartranft a physical therapist and yoga teacher who runs the Arlington Center in Arlington - north of Boston (chip@arlingtoncenter.org). Second would be to see Jan Larivee, a body worker trained in cranial sacral who is good with injuries she can be reached at jmasj@worldnet.att.net or 617-921-5739