Yoga and coffee

Pros:
Drinking a cup of coffee will: increase my focus, efficiency, speed, and stamina when it comes to work. I will solve problems faster, program things faster, and organize faster.

Cons:
Drinking a cup of coffee will also: Give me insomnia, quicken my temper and cruel words, and make me PARANOID. Sometimes just a little paranoid - like checking the lights twice before bed or locking the car six times. Other times I’m checking every window in the house, making sure the stove is turned off (when it was never on), or in nights like tonight (my friends are out of town and I’m staying alone in their house) - sleeping with a knife next to my bed.

It is through the increased body awareness of yogic practices that I learned WHAT was always giving me the lingering sense of untraceable dread (I normally don’t drink coffee and so this is a rare feeling)- now all I have to do is get through the next two weeks of midnight shifts trying to maintain with less coffee (I only drink a cup and a half of mocha as it is).

Hmm… maybe I should try replacing it with a heavy, energizing brahmana practice in the morning, to see if I can substitute it for coffee and stay awake all night. I’ll work on this! Inspiration!

[QUOTE=suryadaya;67242]… - sleeping with a knife next to my bed.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that’s the coffee but if it is then you’d better stay away from it!

[QUOTE=Terje;67262]Not sure that’s the coffee but if it is then you’d better stay away from it![/QUOTE]

It might have something to do with the cops letting us know there was a criminal vagrant squatting at the abandoned house beside this one, but it’s definitely drinking coffee which intensifies it.!

Terje,

Your statement about coffee reminds me of the sentiment of many of my friends that run, “go ahead and tell me that it is bad for my body, I am going to do it anyway.” :slight_smile:

I am glad that you brought up the topic. It is important to be mindful of what we take into our bodies.

I personally don’t drink coffee, yet I have had fellow yogis look at me like some kind of freak. Some consider it as vital as water. It cracks me up that a couple of these coffee lovers are hardcore, self-righteous vegans.

[QUOTE=fernmanus;67282]Terje,

Your statement about coffee reminds me of the sentiment of many of my friends that run, “go ahead and tell me that it is bad for my body, I am going to do it anyway.” :slight_smile:

I am glad that you brought up the topic. It is important to be mindful of what we take into our bodies.

I personally don’t drink coffee, yet I have had fellow yogis look at me like some kind of freak. Some consider it as vital as water. It cracks me up that a couple of these coffee lovers are hardcore, self-righteous vegans.[/QUOTE]

I could be said to be in that category, a hardcore, self-righteous vegan (at least vegan is true :slight_smile: ), so please go ahead and tell me what’s so funny about that? :slight_smile: What’s un-vegan about coffee?

[QUOTE=suryadaya;67242]Pros:

Cons:
Drinking a cup of coffee will also: Give me insomnia, quicken my temper and cruel words, and make me PARANOID. Sometimes just a little paranoid - like checking the lights twice before bed or locking the car six times. Other times I’m checking every window in the house, making sure the stove is turned off (when it was never on), or in nights like tonight (my friends are out of town and I’m staying alone in their house) - sleeping with a knife next to my bed.

It is through the increased body awareness of yogic practices that I learned WHAT was always giving me the lingering sense of untraceable dread (I normally don’t drink coffee and so this is a rare feeling)- now all I have to do is get through the next two weeks of midnight shifts trying to maintain with less coffee (I only drink a cup and a half of mocha as it is).

[/QUOTE]

Surya buddy,

please tell me you’re joking, esp. about the knife.

stay well…

[QUOTE=Chitta Control;67366]Surya buddy,

please tell me you’re joking, esp. about the knife.

stay well…[/QUOTE]

Sorry love, not kidding. I’m not caffeinated now but looking back to the other night, I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable for a girl to keep my pocket knife next to my bed when staying alone in an unfamiliar house with my window facing a flop house for criminal vagrants, like I said before. Coffee intensified the fear, but even the people who live there were freaked out by the house next door. Everything else I said- yeah, drinking coffee makes me double check everything twice. My mind spins like crazy and analyzes everything. It’s great for work, bad for comfort- which is why I rarely drink it.

I liked to drink coffee while doing hatha yoga, but now doing Kundalini yoga it feels too
strong stimulant for nerve system and I don like it anymore.

Pros:
Reduced risk of Alzhiemer?s disease and Dementia
Reduced risk of Gallstone disease
Reduced risk of Parkinson?s disease
Reduced risk of Gout
Reduced Plaque
Reduced Gingivitis
Increased Cognitive performance
Increased Liver Protection
Analgesic enhancement
Atidiabetic
Cardioprotective
Antioxidant
Laxative

Cons

Risks
19 known rodent carcinogens
Gastorintestinal Problems
Anxiety and sleep changes
Cholesterol
Blood pressure
Pregnancy effects
Iron deficiency anemia
Coronary artery disease

[QUOTE=Yogamark;67695]19 known rodent carcinogens [/QUOTE]

Rodent?

Heehee
Wiki it up
Over 1,000 chemicals have been reported in roasted coffee, and 19 are known rodent carcinogens; however, most substances cited as rodent carcinogens occur naturally and should not be assumed to be carcinogenic in humans at exposure levels typically experienced in day-to-day life.

So if you were a rat in a former life, or really tiny, Watch out!

If you're a yoga enthusiast and a coffee lover, you might want to try Lifeboost Coffee for a mindful and enjoyable experience. Lifeboost Coffee offers a range of high-quality, organic coffees that are not only delicious but also ethically sourced. Enjoy a cup of their flavorful coffee before or after your yoga practice to enhance your mindfulness and provide a gentle energy boost. With these products, you can savor the rich flavors while maintaining your holistic approach to wellness.