Yoga and Meditation for Herinated Disc ?L5-S1 herination

I am suffering from L5-S1 herinated disc and numbeness in left foot,frequent vibration in left leg.
It is being 5 months I have taken GabaNuron, MRs, My B12 and Vit D was low so have been taking medication for that ( 1 month).
I do following excersises at home:
Bhujangasan (30 sec)
Bridge (30-40 sec)
Other exercises.
But I still can not walk without sever lower back pain and infrequent numbeness and pain in left leg.

Since 2 days after doing these exercises I have got the spine more irritated. Now I can not do even Bhujangasana .
What is the solution? From an active person to a bed ridden or being restricted to one room is very difficult to cope up with.

Have you seen a doctor?

I suggest stop doing physical poses. Immediately. Seek treatment from physical therapy. Not sure where you are located at but in the US a physical therapist is a licensed medical professional and will be able to evaluate and treat you. You’ve already discovered that spinal extension increases and worsens your symptoms so don’t do that right now. By doing yoga poses without supervision of a professional you risk worsening and prolonging your symptoms.

Yes. Orthopedics have suggested surgery/ Spinal injection. I have completed course of prescribed medications but do not want to get spine injected or operated.
Hence I am looking for alternative therapy.

Did you ever consider acupuncture?

If you are going to use yoga I strongly suggest you find a qualified Yoga Therapist.

Back problems are not something to try and work with yoga o your own, you could do more damage than good

1 Like

Do not know any good acupuncturist from Mumbai

I can sympathize with your reluctance to have surgery performed, I can only assume that your orthopedic surgeon reviewed the possible benefits vs. risks. I continue to suggest a thorough assessment by a licensed Physical Therapist. I would seriously review the evidence base for alternative therapies before trying them.

1 Like

@Sphurti

Sadly I know little about Mumbai

I fixed my same issues and helped many others cure same issue. Severe slip disc issues or other ortho issues can not be resolved with standard posture that we read about them on internet.

Such issues are taken care only after proper assessment of the patient and then posture or variation can be decided.

Many other factors like background history, current physiological and psychological condition are taken into account before starting anything.

One thing I can surely say from my own experience and observation that yoga has sure shot remedy and patient can be out of it between 4 - 8 months.

Please visit my website and read testimonials of those who got cured.

You can reach out to me in case if you need any help.

All the best.