Yoga books with written exercises

Hi there, I would like to do a teaching course in the future as im not at a good enough level at the moment, so in the mean time I was wondering if anyone knew of any good curriculum books I could get that had written exercises (on the anatomy etc) I could do to help me practice in preparation?
Many thanks for your help

Hi India1, i’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha, by Swami Satyananda Saraswati is a very complete book on the practice of yoga.

Good luck on your training! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends on what aspects of yoga you would like to focus on. And also, if you plan on studying so you can teach or just to learn more in general.

Thanks for your reply Ihepner71 it would definitely be with an aim to teach but as I’m not quite there yet with the physical practice I thought I could get started on studying and the theory side. Was interested in books that had tests/ questions and answers type thing to learn?

Great thanks so much for your help FulipeAguiarPinto I’ll definitely look it up

I don’t really know of any specific educational material like that. If you decide to look into teacher trainings, be cautious about the program you choose. Most 200 hour programs give you the basics; any retreat type program that allows you to get your 200 hour in one weekend isn’t a very good choice. That being said, let me give you sources that I’ve found helpful in the past.

Yoga journal.com (especially articles by Judith Hansen Lasater, Patricia Walden, Natasha Rizopolous)

Yogauonline.com (there are free learning opportunities as well as classes you can buy)

Depending on where you are located at, try to find a local teacher, with a good reputation and educational background for a mentor.

Check out yoga videos on YouTube.

Hope some of this helps.

Here are a couple books too:

Instructing Hatha Yoga by Kappmeier

Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens ( he has 2 other books as well)

Good luck.