Yoga Drawings & Studying Yoga Poses

Hello,
I am Camilla Carlens and I draw yoga poses. With my yogadrawings I want to make visible significance of yoga poses of professional yogis. I want to talk about the possibility to learn about a pose by looking consciously at yoga pictures or yoga drawings and developing a feeling for their qualities.Conscious looking creates a sensation, how someone else expresses a pose.I want to introduce you to my yogadrawings on my site, they shall create a sense for the qualities, how yogis like BKS Iyengar, Heinz Grill or Narayani shape the yoga poses.

BKS Iyengar´s yoga poses express a mastered technic of spacial geometry. In the yoga poses you can discover this aspects: An awareness of the space in front, back, left, right, above and below in which Iyengar positions his posture. His poses express a feeling for spacial geometry.

Here is the link to the article about Iyengar on my homepage: yogadrawing.wordpress.com:

I am happy for your feedback, Camilla Carlens

There are five types of yoga poses:

• Standing poses: These are the most common position in yoga. They are considered to be the foundation for most other poses.

• Forward bends: Forward bending involves bending forward at the hips, knees and ankles. Forward bending can release tension in your lower back, hamstrings, calves and feet.

• Backward bends: Backbends involve bending backward at the hips, knees and ankles. Backbending can release tension in your lower back and hamstrings.

• Side series: These types of poses involve moving side-to-side while holding a static position with one leg extended forward as if you were doing a split or lying on your side. Side series can help open up your chest muscles, improve your breathing capacity and relieve tightness in your shoulders and upper back.

• Leg series: Leg series involves moving from one leg to another while holding a static position with one leg extended forward as if you were doing a split or lying on your side. Leg series can help open up your chest muscles, improve your breathing capacity and relieve tightness in your shoulders and upper back.