Yoga dvds

hi everyone,

I’m only new to the site and I’m so glad I stumbled across these boards! I am only 21 but have been studying yoga on and off for around 6 years. I spent the summer in Nepal at the Nepali yoga centre in Pokhara and beame extremely dedicated with practice. Since returning home I have started back in college and am unable to keep regular attendance at a class. I can already feel myself stiffing up! Would anyone have any adivce on dvds or auido cd’s that might provide good instruction. Im not beginner and as most of the dvds out there seem to be tailored to new comers I’m a bit lost as to what to go for…

any adivce would be gratefully recieved

http://www.anusara.com/?pagerequested=subcategories&cat=8
the yoga 101 is a great cd, I have it myself and it if very informative because there is a lot more to a pose than just the form.
I have tried DVD’s but trying to watch and do yoga did not mix well for me

Hi,
There are many DVD?s on the market these days ranging from Restorative to Power yoga, all of them offering a different message and focus. Rodney Yee has several that I know are good. Eoin Finn from Vancouver BC has two power yoga DVD?son the market that I believe you can get online both of which are fun and invigorating.

Trinity

Good guided yoga at home can be tough to come by, especially as the DVD options can often disappoint only after you have invested in them. I have found many DVDs styles to not suit my style, or worse yet, the production is often made to appeal visually to the casual viewer without considering the quality of instruction or pacing for someone actually taking the class.
You may want to look into streaming yoga classes if you have a good internet connection. I have had similar challenges to you with making it to the studio due to work challenges, and have found YogaUniverse.com to have a wide range of classes that suit me that I can practice on my own schedule. Again, you need to try anything out to see if it works for you, but with this option I was able to try out the classes free for 2 weeks to find out, rather than having to defer those student loans longer and risk my funds on some DVDs.
P.S. The yoga on that site seems to be Ana Forrest influenced and includes a range from intense Power classes, on to some shorter breath work and meditation.

Keep up with the search until you find something that works for you. You don’t ever want school/work to let you lose your center.

Jeff