Yoga for Auto Immune Disease

Hello,
I am a new user to this forum but have been aware of yoga and intermittently been doing it from my childhood while watching my Dad do.

Lately have been diagonised with Auto Immune Disease and have found out that yoga has asanas[exercise] for stimulating the immune system and potentially can help in rectifying the disorder. Do anyone know about the asans? Or know about the book which could contain them?

Any information will be truly appreciated.

Regards,
Alpesh

There are many books on yoga asanas.
One clarification if I may. The effect of yoga is not to stimulate the iimune system (or other systems) but to balance them. In this way yoga can be good for hypo or hyper thyroid. If it was just a stimulator it would only be appropriate for conditions of supression.

Auto immune issues would be best addressed in sessions with a senior teacher. I realize this might be impossible depending on where you are but it is a thing to be delt with professionally not as a hobby.

If you must get a book I think Yoga" The Path to Holistic Health by BKS Iyengar might be appropriate. It’s a large book with a lot of information and you can, given time, get a lot out of it.

Hi there.
What is your auto-immune condition? Yoga is like medicine- it can heal the body… but if used incorrectly, it can hurt the body. It is important that you seek help with an experienced yoga teacher (preferably yoga therapist). It is most likely that the ideal form of yoga for autoimmune disease will incorporate gentle asana, breathwork, mudra and relaxation.

Good luck!

Hi @alpya @InnerAthlete @TinyE and all. Auto immune disorders are nothing but the war within us, where the body is literally attacking itself.

Studies, research and experience have shown that Yoga can help manage such disorders at a physical, mental and emotional level. Auto-immune disorders, where the body is literally attacking itself in disease like Rheumatic Arthritis, Thyroid, Lupus, Alopecia, IBD, Type 1 Diabetes, Psoriasis, etc.

Here is a very beautiful online workshop named Manage Auto Immune Disorders with Yoga That anyone who is interested can join.

Reference Link
What are Auto Immune Disorders?

Thank You!

Hey you are talking about yoga . No need to purchase any type of book for yoga. You can watch Baba Ramdev asanas in you tube channel , India Tv live etc.
You can get best result as soon as.

Good luck.[quote="alpya, post:1, topic:1438, full:true"]
Hello,
I am a new user to this forum but have been aware of yoga and intermittently been doing it from my childhood while watching my Dad do.

Lately have been diagonised with Auto Immune Disease and have found out that yoga has asanas[exercise] for stimulating the immune system and potentially can help in rectifying the disorder. Do anyone know about the asans? Or know about the book which could contain them?

Any information will be truly appreciated.

Regards,
Alpesh
[/quote]