Yoga for back pain?

So I have persistent lower back pain due to a fall off a ladder some time ago. Is yoga safe to help rehabilitate my back, and if so, what are some good poses to start?

I think you should check youtube video and i am sure you would get some better poses for eliminating your back pain.

There is mounting medical evidence that yoga can reduce chronic back pain. I have done Iyengar Yoga for many years and recommend it highly. It has a focus on the therapeutic aspects of yoga. There is a great online Iyengar Yoga site that has classes as well as a range of helpful blog articles.

You might find this helpful.

Thanks for the suggestion. Never thought to just search on Youtube and on Google:

Thanks again,

Hi, DonaldMeister. I am a yoga teacher and physiotherapist. I teach anatomy and yoga on Teacher trainings. One of the main reasons i do this is because I end up treating a lot of people that actually get injuries because of their yoga practice. It is unrealistic to have a set of yoga exercises that will be suitable for all injuries. Depending what structure is the source of your pain, you might actually make things worse. For instance, it could be your sacroiliac joint actually and not your lower back. I recommend getting an assessment by a therapist that is familiar with yoga and then get some recommendations what would be good for you to do and what to avoid…I hope this helps! Good luck

Thanks Sam for the advice!