Yoga for Diabetes

My mom is a type 2 diabetic. Yoga has helped me so much in life both physically and mentally, that I’m wondering if there is some sort of yoga for Diabetes? Is there anything you can suggest that I pass on to my mom? She is 45, about 30 pounds over weight, and lives a rather sedentary life.

Thank you so much!

Yes, there are great Indian doctor Phulgenda Sinha, he wrote lot of books on yoga therapy and I remember very clear that he has a lot about your issue.
It is possible to treat or slow down diabetes (not sure about what type) with YOGA POSES + YOGA DIET + YOGA PHILOSOPHY.

ALL THREE IS A MUST

The problem is to get those people believe and practice:(

Actually I know of one site that can answer this same question. Just PM me, I would be glad to help.

Easy Pose (Sukhasana),Shoulder Stretches,Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar),Half Spinal Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana),Stand Spread Leg Forward Fold,Tree Pose (Tadasana),Double Leg Raises,Fish Pose (Matsyasana),Yoga Exercise - Corpse Pose (Savasana),Kapalabhati,Simple Meditation Technique ,Anuloma Viloma,elaxation Pose…
These are some of the yogasanas that can control diabetes and also for obesse people.

5 Yoga Poses To Keep Diabetes Under Control

Yoga for diabetes? Yes! Yoga is one of the most versatile forms of exercise, effectively keeping your mind calm and your body in great shape. It is highly useful in regulating other functions of the body like metabolism, hormonal balance and blood sugar levels and as such there are many benefits of Yoga in diabetes. The easiest way to regulate blood sugar levels is through regular exercise. Yoga provides this holistic form of exercise and while there are Yoga poses for defeating diabetes there are even some asanas that help lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels! Here are 5 of the best yoga asanas for diabetes

1. Frog Pose (Mandukasana)
  2. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose)
  3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
  4. Markatasana (Reclined Spinal Twist)
  5. Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend)

Yoga is a natural therapy which helps the diabetes patients to take control over the diabetes. If you face the issue of diabetes in your life, then doing yoga is a best therapy for curing this issue. In Yoga Training it will help you in knowing the deep aspects of yoga and poses which helps you in curing the diabetes issue.

• Reclined Spinal Twist

• Seated forward bend

• Bow Pose

• Half Spinal Twist Pose