Yoga for full lotus

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and had joined due to needing some advice for learning full lotus,

I have meditative experience already. but am looking to go into alchemic practices as well as Dzogchen in the new year.

For both practices, i need to be able to perform full lotus or at least have a foundation of conditioning the body to be able to do it.

Is there any credible dvd’s for yoga newbies that will teach all the stretches and postures in order to condition the body into being able to perform full lotus in a safe way.

or do you have any suggestions on movements ect that i can then go and practice daily to achieve the same goal.

I understand this may take a very long time to be able to do correctly, but my journey is going to be a very long and dedicated one anyway :slight_smile:

Again i have no yoga experience and my ability to stretch is fairly ok but not what is needed for what im trying to achieve.

Please only suggestions that will enable me to have the flexibility for full lotus as this is the only goal i have for yoga right now.

Thank you

Lee

Practice hip opening postures and it will help, also baddha konasana.

Ability to do lotus posture is very good for physiological benefits and everyone should learn it.

Having said that, please note that inability to do lotus posture should not be a hindrance in your yoga practice as well. There are other meditative posture as well such as Siddhasana, Sukhasana and Vajrasana.