Yoga for Generalized anxiety disorder

I am suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder since many years. I am stressed and anxious all the time. Finding it difficult to cope with daily activities. I was doing Progressive Muscle Relaxation but dint heed to much benefit. Doing Meditation, it is working fine but not absolutely 100%. I am trying to do yoga but it is increasing my stress and anxiety. I don’t understand why!!! I do it as gentle as possible, slow, with my eyes and ears closed to avoid distraction.
Why is it giving me more stress and anxiety from Yoga? Is it activating my nerves which had hidden emotions since long? Can anybody give me some light on this?

When seeking answers on therapeutic issues (anxiety as an example) it’s really helpful to provide additional profile information. It’s the same intake you’d provide a physician on a first visit so they get to know you before advising.

For example … if you are a 30 year-old technology worker or a 65 year old artist … these are different things. What is your activity level, what is your previous yoga experiences? What is your diet like? Where are you living (environmental factors matter).

More info from you makes for a better response from me.

Hi. Thank you for your reply.
I work as an Mechanical Engineer as a Business Developer. I am 28 years old. Currently working in Bangalore. When i was a kid they used to teach us Yoga every Friday. But that was only for 5 years then stopped. 2 years back i visited Baba Ramdev facility. I was doing as per their guidelines. The asanas were good but the pranayama was torturing me. After Pranayama i used to feel very dizzy. Later i stopped. Even now if i do Pranayama i feel dizzy. I dont know why! I have acute anxiety or Stress disorder. I get easily stressed. I am doing Meditation which i started few days back and it is working. For faster cure i was trying Yoga too. But Yoga is stressing me up.
I am on medication as well. I take anti depressants. But it is giving me little coverage. I dont know what is going in me. I am completely out of control over my mind and body.