Yoga for hypertension

please suggest yoga for high bp-im a male 47 years with some bp problem

Hyper and hypo tension (high/low blood pressure) qualify as therapeutic issues. Ergo the best recourse is to work directly with a well-trained therapeutically oriented teacher.

In my experience pranayama lowers bloodpressure. But we should not stop taking medicine and start pranayama if we are on meds for it.

When i did pranayama pretty much everyday i had 90/60 But when i stopped due to cold climate it was up to 110-120/70.

This is my story and i cant guarantee it will be the same for others.

SURYANAMASKAR is the best yoga for BP control…

[QUOTE=anirudh;76429]please suggest yoga for high bp-im a male 47 years with some bp problem[/QUOTE]

may I ask if you taking meds for bp? lot of research been done and bp can be regulated wit yoga techniques very sussefuly. there are some poses, but mainly pranayama and meditation together with few other things we use to regulate BP. as IA stated you will be better off to practice with an experienced teacher… but if it is impossible for some reasons…if you are not on HBP meds you may try to research on your own: restorative yoga poses, alternate nostril breath for 5 minutes (without retention), meditation… i have low BP and alternate nostril breath makes me just sooooo sleepy:)

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;76441]In my experience pranayama lowers bloodpressure. But we should not stop taking medicine and start pranayama if we are on meds for it.

When i did pranayama pretty much everyday i had 90/60 But when i stopped due to cold climate it was up to 110-120/70.

This is my story and i cant guarantee it will be the same for others.[/QUOTE]

I am agree with you that pranayama help for lowers bloodpressure

Hypertension of mild to moderate degree can successfully be managed with regular practice of certain Yoga methods and life style changes including dietary reforms.
In the category of asanas, restrorative asanas like Baddhakonasana, Shashankasana, Upavistha Balasana, Supta Balasana, Virasana, Makarasana, etc will be beneficial. In addition, Salabhasana, Bhujangasana, Ekpada Uttanasana, Ardha Pawanmuktasana and Pawanamuktasa and Markatasana are also advisable.
Bhramari Pranama, either without holding breath or holding breath between 2 to 5 seconds and Anuloma-viloma, in ratio of 1:2 i.e. without holding breath or holding breath in ratio of 1:1/2:2.
In case of person of Mesomorphic personality (Pitta type) Sheetali and Sheetakari pranayamas are recommendable in the summer season.
Regular practice of a meditation form for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day is advised by physicians as it has been proved by research studies since 1970 to 2010. The findings are available internet.
The dietary reforms includes low fat (5 to 7 ml/per day), low salt and high fiber diet.

Hypertension is a very common problem faced by millions of people around the globe. This is because of the increase in the number of unhealthy food and lack of exercise.

But the solution to this problem is simple and it is yoga. In fact, yoga has been used to cure and prevent many health problems for thousands of years.

There are two types of yoga, namely, Hatha yoga and Ashtanga yoga. Both the types of yoga can help to lower the blood pressure and increase the heart rate.

In this article, I will discuss about the benefits of yoga for hypertension and how it can help to decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases.

Benefits of yoga for hypertension

Yoga has many benefits for hypertension, but here I am going to mention only few important benefits of yoga for hypertension.

Decrease stress

Stress is the main reason behind the increase in the blood pressure. It is because of the stress that the heart beats faster, so the heart gets strained and it leads to the increase in the blood pressure.

In the beginning, it will be difficult to control the stress but once you start practising yoga regularly, then the stress will slowly vanish.

Increase the flexibility

It is also proven that when the blood pressure increases, the muscles become stiff. Yoga helps to stretch the muscles of the body and this will be helpful to decrease the blood pressure.

Improve the blood circulation

Yoga is also helpful to improve the blood circulation and it is a simple way to control the blood pressure. In fact, yoga will help to relax the nerves, so the blood flow to the brain will improve.

Yoga will also help to reduce the weight and increase the body metabolism.

So, if you are suffering from the issue of hypertension, then yoga will be a great help for you. It will help to relax your nerves and will also improve the blood circulation, so you will get a healthy body.