Yoga for Life

Hey all, Newbies and adepts alike…

… lets

do it

Thanks, Bjoy, that’s the spirit, “Lets do it”, you know the best thing about yoga is that it is an experiential art and science unlike most other philosophies and religions, it ranks higher than all the religions that tell you you must read some ancient books and believe everything they tell you to do … and do it like a monkey without questions for fear of exposing the chinks in the philosophies. Yoga tells us DO AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW, not a moment sooner nor later. It leads one to great faith in God through experiencing God, and not by reading about him. You see there is a great difference between KNOWING ABOUT GOD and KNOWING GOD… That difference is what describes yoga in it’s entirety. Yoga is neither a religion nor a philosophy … it is a precise science. Do 1,2,3,4, and 5 in this sequence and you will know God. I simply love it. It transcends the divisions caused by worldly religions. Namaste.

Hi! Gori, Namaste.

The examination of yoga theory opens up a whole new world of perspective and understanding for those who are seeking something more out of life ?

? and we are all looking for that, we all want to be healthy; we all want to be happy; we all want to feel a sense of purpose; and we all want to be at peace ? both within ourselves, and with the world around us. Yoga philosophy guides us to do everything in a constructive way down that road.

Pseudo-Spiritualists try to unite with the Lord my merging into him or by becoming God themselves. Those who want to merge into God and become one with him, in all respects, suffer from nothing but hallucination.

Ultimately, the science of yoga takes us beyond this life altogether and helps us to understand the very nature of our existence, it?s a multidimensional plane where some make it a religion, in the Indian Sanskrit books Yoga is defined as the process of linking one self with the Supreme Lord or to unite with him, means a little purification is needed and it happens automatically to reach that state, concentration, thoughtless awareness and yoga is simultaneous process in this everyday life. My good vibrations.

anyone every tried bikram yoga?

Bikram’s classes run exactly 90 minutes and consist of a set series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. Bikram Yoga is ideally practiced in a room heated to 105?F (≈ 40.6?C) with a humidity of 40%, and is the most popular form of hot yoga. -wiki

yes and nearly died of boredom after a few weeks…there is sooooo much more to yoga than 26 asanas…

now having lots of clients who are ex-bikram…all with knee and lower back problems…huummmm…

I was talking to a yoga instructor who said that Bikram yoga can be dangerous for newbies because the heat makes you think you are very flexible when you really aren’t. This leads to the tendency to overstretch and really injure yourself.

Welcome to the forums! I love it here and enjoy the members a lot. You will enjoy it too I think.