Yoga forum? Contd

[I]David, I think it is unfair to close a thread because you do not like how people replied. If their responses break forum rules then remove their post, but not giving everyone the opportunity to speak despite how others may respond in my opinion is not a fair forum.

This was what I wanted to respond with and I hope you allow me and others to continue.[/I]

Personal change is not easy and it is not always nice. If you find the forum to be uncomfortable or unnerving perhaps change is taking place within you, how many of us leave after reading/ taking part in a negative/ aggressive thread asking ourselves…

How did [B]I[/B] contribute to this negativity?
Why do [B]I [/B]want them to agree with me?
Why do [B]I [/B]find aggression or secular views so difficult?
Why do [B]I[/B] need to judge or compartmentalize nations/ religions/ race?
Why do [B]I[/B] always need to be right?
Why do [B]I [/B]always look for a fight?
Etc
Etc
Etc

Truth is, we prefer to look everywhere outside apart from within, ultimately everything one experiences in life begins from within.

The topic was closed because it was getting repetitive, and there was some hostility from Q trying to trip me up. Yogiadam continued to state the forum was toxic and corrupt.

If you want to oppose admin decisions, then as David says, PM him. It is not fair to oppose the admin on the public forum. It shows a lack of respect.

My intention here was not to disrespect David, it was to give my opinion based on a previous thread and before doing so I wanted to explain to David (and others) why I have chosen to continue a thread he decided to close. A thread becoming hostile/ repetitive is not breaking forum rules, many threads on this forum take that course and remain open.

I have chosen to publically communicate with David because I prefer to be open and honest, how you choose to interpret this is your prerogative.

Interesting, how you have instead chosen to point out my ?apparent disrespect? rather than seeing or commenting on my real post.

But hey ho, so it goes and so it will continue. :stuck_out_tongue:

why I have chosen to continue a thread he decided to close.

I am only going to say this once and then I am going to leave it to David. I am not the admin, but I do come to this forum so I respect the admin, and as he is currently not here, I want to defend his decision. You have no right to continue a thread the admin has closed. David gave the option at the end of the thread himself that if anybody disagrees and wants to continue the discussion, PM him directly. You did not take this course of action, but rather went against his decision and uniterally decided to open a thread he closed just so that you could make a reply. I do consider this disrespectful of the admin’s decision.

Now here is my opinion: I think this thread will be closed. These kind of threads have always been closed on the forum because they promote public dissent and make the forum look worse than it really is. David is effectively being told through threads like this how to do his job publically. David has maintained and repeated several times that he is going to maintain a tolerance policy for the diversity of views and he is not going to reverse his tolerance. Dealing with behaviour that breaches the T&C is done on a case by case basis. You can PM David and leave things to his consideration, but you have no right to make decisions for him.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56209]I am only going to say this once and then I am going to leave it to David. I am not the admin, but I do come to this forum so I respect the admin, and as he is currently not here, I want to defend his decision. You have no right to continue a thread the admin has closed. David gave the option at the end of the thread himself that if anybody disagrees and wants to continue the discussion, PM him directly. You did not take this course of action, but rather went against his decision and uniterally decided to open a thread he closed just so that you could make a reply. I do consider this disrespectful of the admin’s decision.

Now here is my opinion: I think this thread will be closed. These kind of threads have always been closed on the forum because they promote public dissent and make the forum look worse than it really is. David is effectively being told through threads like this how to do his job publically. David has maintained and repeated several times that he is going to maintain a tolerance policy for the diversity of views and he is not going to reverse his tolerance. Dealing with behaviour that breaches the T&C is done on a case by case basis. You can PM David and leave things to his consideration, but you have no right to make decisions for him.[/QUOTE]Opportunism

As a style of human behaviour, opportunism has the connotation of a lack of integrity, or doing something that is out of character (inconsistent). The underlying thought is that the price of the unrestrained pursuit of selfishness is behavioural inconsistency, i.e. it is ultimately impossible to be continuously selfish and remain consistent at the same time. Some people however regard an opportunist stance positively as a legitimate choice, which can be the lesser evil. Thus, the British Conservative statesman Stanley Baldwin is supposed to have quipped:

[quote]“I would rather be an opportunist and float than go to the bottom with my principles around my neck” - Stanley Baldwin

The quip highlights that “opportunist” is not infrequently used as a term of abuse. The somewhat apologetic suggestion is that, faced with the imperative to act, then not to be an opportunist would be to disadvantage oneself; and that the greater harm is caused by not doing what is to one’s own advantage. Adhering to principles too tightly would cause one to fail, be blinded to the opportunities that exist, or be unwilling to take necessary risks.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;56213]Opportunism[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

David, I apologise publically and in advance for re-opening a thread you closed especially as it seems to have once again lead to a dispute.

Please believe that this was not my intention, in fact if you read my ?real? response you will realise that my intention was to elicit a very different response which unfortunately did go to plan.

As I mentioned in my PM to you please feel free to close the thread as this is also my last post.

Namaste.

Hi omamana,

I think we had talked about this before:

There is no “coming to terms” or “coming to an agreement” with Surya Deva. That is not going to happen ever, unless he gives up his fanatism and that hilarious paybackish supremacist viewpoint. He is not here to have calm and rational discussions or anything alike. He is only here to hammer his viewpoint into our heads:

Originally Posted by Surya Deva
http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55405&postcount=186
The situation we have at hand is a clash of civilisations. Do not expect empathy, sympathy from Western civilisation. They are asuras. Asuras and Devas cannot be friends. Western civilisation must end, for dharmic civilisation to flourish.

So reject all Western civilisation. Reject their shakespeare, reject their poets, reject their Hollywood, reject their democracy, reject their music, reject their scientists, reject their painters, reject their writers. Reject their history. Reject their education. Reject their medicine. Reject their religion.

It is time you assert the superiority of your civilisation over this asura culture boldly. If they say Newton, Galileo, Kepler, you say Kananda, Aryabhatta. If they say shakespeare and Hamlet, you say Kalidasa and Shakuntala. If they say Freud, you say Patanjali. If they say Jesus, you say Krishna, Mahavira and Buddha. If they say Roman empire, you say Mauraya empire. If they say capitalism, you say varnashrama dharma. If they Mozart, you say Sargam. If they say English, you say Sanskrit. If they say logic, you say Nyaya and Gautama.

We have a completely opposite civilisation with our systems of science and epistemology, our own history, own our logic, our own systems of society and education, our own music, cooking, health, values. Now start to assert it. We are the inheritors of a superior civilisation.
That’s it. We’re simply gonna hear variations of that over and over and over and over again. The West = Asura = evil = has to end. Hinduism = Deva = shining bright = has to rule the world once again. Hindus invented everything, developed everything, had any thought or idea of value first, are the teachers of the world, masters of the universe - the rest of the world is worthless, + evil + must end.

I personally find it interesting. And do not desire to have SD banned or anything. He might be dangerous for younglings like N-IE-tzsche, but other than that I find his performance very informative, particularly because propaganda and rethorics and such are part of my profession. I also don’t mind Grandmaster D. closing that other thread, I already had made my point perfectly clear and did not expect any other reply than I got (“uze a troll!11!!1!!”). Not that I agree with the closing, I just don’t care.

Here, I simply find it remarkable how Surya Deva sucks up to David cuz he’s da great administrator and could ban him from this “40,000-unique-visitors-per-month”-propaganda-spreading-platform. It’s somewhat similar to the “Abuse of process” that extremists often exploit in democratic systems.

However. :wink:

PS:

this is also my last post
Like in forever? In that case: Take care and farewell!

Q,

You really are looking for a fight aren’t you? You have tried to provoke me now three times in a row and still have not got what you wanted. I don’t think this will go amiss with the objective readers.

You are are effectively accusing me of being an extremist, racist, terrorist, propogandaist. I would have you done in real life for defamation. Trust me I would. On a Yoga forum it makes little difference to me what you think of me, but in real life your accusations could actually cause harm to me. So I would have you prosecuted for spreading lies and false information about me.

Hi Surya Deva,

if you chose not to discuss your provocative points with me, that does not mean I may not comment them. Oh and the objective readers think you’re a clown and that I totally own you. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS:

You are are effectively accusing me of being an extremist, racist, terrorist, propogandaist. I would have you done in real life for defamation. Trust me I would. On a Yoga forum it makes little difference to me what you think of me, but in real life your accusations could actually cause harm to me. So I would have you prosecuted for spreading lies and false information about me.
No you would not do that, because you wouldn’t dare to speak like you do it on this forum. And if you would, I’d love you to prosecute me.

You should note, though, that most probably your name is already on a list of some federal agency that deals with racists, extremists and propagandist. A terrorist you’re not, and I haven’t called you that. You’re just talking.

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;56232]PS:

No you would not do that, because you wouldn’t dare to speak like you do it on this forum. And if you would, I’d love you to prosecute me.

You should note, though, that most probably your name is already on a list of some federal agency that deals with racists, extremists and propagandist. A terrorist you’re not, and I haven’t called you that. You’re just talking.[/QUOTE]

Are you jealous of SD?

No, I’m remotely involved with the creation of such lists. :o

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;56235]No, I’m remotely involved with the creation of such lists. :o[/QUOTE]

Sorry, what does this mean?

It means that it’s a misconception that noone would notice or care if extremists spread their stuff on the internet.