Yoga Forums adds driving me to distraction

I am finding it increasingly difficult to visit Yoga Forums and am likely to be driven from, due to the constant add distractions. Shiny, blinky, smily, flashy, near seizure inducing adds and add on efforts.

I find it amusing that a Yoga Forum has more banner adds than a poker forum.

I understand the builders feel they should be compensated to cover their nut.

But how much is too much? Not to mention the suspect posts that seem to pop up everywhere just to sneak another add or paid link in it is just getting too much.

Sounds to me like your real issue may be that of being focused. Try one of the meditation threads for solutions to that. :wink:

[QUOTE=Yogamark;51440]I am finding it increasingly difficult to visit Yoga Forums and am likely to be driven from, due to the constant add distractions. Shiny, blinky, smily, flashy, near seizure inducing adds and add on efforts.

I find it amusing that a Yoga Forum has more banner adds than a poker forum.

I understand the builders feel they should be compensated to cover their nut.

But how much is too much? Not to mention the suspect posts that seem to pop up everywhere just to sneak another add or paid link in it is just getting too much.[/QUOTE]

you can change option in you computer to block flash ads

When you’re logged in as a member there is a grand total of one banner ad (Google adsense, which doesn’t allow flashy ads) at the bottom of the screen. If you’re seeing more than that, I suspect you have malware on your computer.

As for the spam links you describe, please report the post and we’ll remove it ASAP. Thanks.

I have to agree with David. I don’t see any ads when I come to Yoga Forums. I suggest downloading and running AdAware by Lavasoft, and Spybot Search and Destroy. One will catch what the other misses. They are both free, and do a very good job. I use AVG as well and have not had any spyware on my computer in ages.

Oh NO3Z, y0R c0mput0r haz hAcK3D! Yeah, it seems to be just your computer. I only see one or two ads per page and all I have to do to get rid of them is to toggle this nice little wheel on my mouse wedged between the left and right mouse buttons.

Get AVG, Avast, Advanced System Care, and etc. They all have free trials and can help you clean your computer.

I don’t see any ads either, just the banner at the top that says “Yoga Forums. Discuss Yoga. Discover Life.”

Install Proxomitron:

http://www.proxomitron.info/

No ads, no banners. No compensation for David, though, but you can switch the filter off every now and then and click some of the banners.

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;58830]Install Proxomitron:

http://www.proxomitron.info/

No ads, no banners. No compensation for David, though, but you can switch the filter off every now and then and click some of the banners.[/QUOTE]

Interesting product.

Thanks for making us cognizant of it.

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;58830]No compensation for David, though, but you can switch the filter off every now and then and click some of the banners.[/QUOTE]
While I appreciate the sentiment, please don’t click on any ads unless you’re truly interested in what is being advertised.