Yoga/meditation does NOT help mental illnes

okay i have depression and anxiety - and since 16 i became buddhist and try everything for mental balance

i do kajukenbo, yoga and meditation

coupel weeks ago i had a suicide attempt

during the moment of distress i kept on to my last strenght trying to breathe slow - clear my thought and etc.

next thing i know i wake up in hospital

now i wont be able to walk for rest of my life.

thanks

Yoga didn’t do this to you. This is a battle within you.
I’ve already spoken my piece to you. You didn’t listen. It is up to you to pick the weapons u use in your internal battle.

Hi, I haven’t done yoga yet but I just read about it. My opinion is, it doesn’t CURE mental illness nor does it deal with mental illness directly compare to some of today Western Methods however; I wont ignore some of the information about how it help and assist the mind, body and spirit.

With that being said, I read some of your previous posts, and I was wondering what exactly is your mental illness? You seem like you have been in a similar boat like me. My mental illness is different. I had no friends because of it, no relationship, work etc. I thought about suicide a bit in my past but I never did it. Why? I thought suicide is taking the easy way out. I feel I was born for reason. Out of 50 million swimmers (sperm), I won the race. :slight_smile: With that being said, I know I’m here for reason.

Anyway, I have social anxiety which cause all of my pain and problems. To make the long story short, I just kept seeking help to solve my issues. I read multiple books, did multiple treatments. Now, I have friends and my SA is very low. To the point, it is like I dont have social anxiety anymore.

So the point of what I’m saying is you just need a different method to heal you problem. Maybe in the future, yoga will be useful for it but right now I dont think it is.

“yoga / meditation does not help mental illness.”

Then you weren’t performing the right technique or combination of techniques. There are certain Dharanas that will eradicate mental illness at it’s very roots.

To each their own view.

gordon

I have been practising yoga now for 25 years and also a lot of meditation trying various techniques over the years but never seem to go"deep"… in other words while I feel a lot quieter in mind and body now than in the past I have experienced little control over my mind and never those higher experiences that the swamis talk about …most of the time I feel that I am simply day dreaming or observing the screen behind my eyelids…must I be more patient or am I never going to transcend my current level of consciousness whatever that means! Is it really possible to travel from waking consciousness to wakwfulness whilst in alpha and again when in the in subconscious and even be observing my unconscious? Expeienced comments would be welcome.
Regards
barry

U should start a new thread Barry.

Xelson, why did you create a new account, and not use your old account Bolno?

Yoga/Meditation is not recommended to people who are mentally unstable. There is little point trying to meditate, because your mind is not stable enough to sit through the techniques. I have told you already in the past: You need professional help.

By the way anymore suicide threads from you and I will start reporting your threads to David.

OMG are you receiving help?

Nobody should be making promises that Yoga will heal mental illness, you don’t know until you have a direct experience. It can help with stress reduction, positive outlook but not always get to the roots as these can sometimes be hereditary.

[QUOTE=LotusBody;75273]Nobody should be making promises that Yoga will heal mental illness, you don’t know until you have a direct experience. It can help with stress reduction, positive outlook but not always get to the roots as these can sometimes be hereditary.[/QUOTE]

Direct experience? Yes.
Inference? Yes.
Testimony of the Wise? Yes.

Compassion and Love are the greatest remedies for all diseases…maybe the rest of the answers to this thread could focus on the positive to offer support.

YES, Yoga and meditation helps to cover mental illness. Psychology and Psychiatry identify and deal with simple to chronic mental anxieties to achieve sustained and improved moods, for a better quality of life.
Psychology and Psychiatry identify and deal with simple to chronic mental anxieties to achieve sustained and improved moods, for a better quality of life.

Channels and chakras can be purified by Kundalini awakening.
Try Sahaja Yoga.
Best Guided Meditation Online | Benefits of Meditation - Sahaja Online

I think that meditation is a great way to relax, but it doesn't do anything for mental illnesses. This is because meditation only has an effect on the physical body. The mind and body are two separate things, so if you want to help your mind, you have to help your body as well.

The best way to do this is through exercise and nutrition. Yoga can be good for someone who wants to relax and gain flexibility in their muscles, but it won't be much help for someone who has an anxiety disorder or depression.

Considering today’s fast-paced and overwhelming lifestyle, we are always pressed against time. As a result, we do not have enough time to catch up with non-materialistic things and hence it leads to anxiety, frustration, and irritation. If this lasts longer, we fall prey to various psychosomatic disorders like Diabetes, Hypertension, Migraine, PCOD, and many more

Yoga can actually reverse the disturbances and stimulate substantial healing. It offers various tools and techniques.
# Heal with Yoga