Yoga, Pranayama breathing and surprising emotions

I am not exactly sure what to do about this or if I should do anything at all and I am a bit shocked however I am not acting on any of this at this time.

After yoga today and Pranayama breathing exercises I was hit with a rather strong emotion I can?t quite explain but the result of that is that I now feel that the career I am in is about 180 degrees out from where I need to be and from what is good for me.

Has anyone had strong emotions hit them after yoga?

Have they been surprising?

Or am I making to much of this?

[QUOTE=SCMT;19210]I am not exactly sure what to do about this or if I should do anything at all and I am a bit shocked however I am not acting on any of this at this time.

After yoga today and Pranayama breathing exercises I was hit with a rather strong emotion I can?t quite explain but the result of that is that I now feel that the career I am in is about 180 degrees out from where I need to be and from what is good for me.

Has anyone had strong emotions hit them after yoga?

Have they been surprising?

Or am I making to much of this?[/QUOTE]

This could be pchychological. Happens to me all the time. May or may not be in your case.

well since all thinking can be deemed psychological :smiley:

I think it’s smart not to do anything irreversible about it immediately, but continue to examine the feeling and your options. Just 'cause you felt it, doesn’t mean it’s true. Doesn’t mean it’s false, either. Feelings don’t always correspond to external reality.

I believe there are two elements to your inquiry SCMT.

The first is the yet-to-be-identified emotion (sadness, anger, fear, joy) and the second is the result which perhaps ebbs from that emotion.

Since I am not in your body and since each person is unique I could not possibly comment on the emotional aspect, especially in light of the superficial reference to pranyama. Not knowing whether you are doing 30 minutes of radiant breath, or two minutes of ujjayi prohibits me from assessing that portion of the question with any mindfulness at all - other than this reply here.

What you describe relative to your life’s direction sound like an identification with Svadharma - your life’s purpose or mission. This is the reason for yoga, to find why your soul has chosen that body and live in that way. You are quite fortunate as some who’ve been doing that looking have yet to hear their deeper reply at all.

If you have wiped away enough ego to hear the call of the soul (which is vocalized in and from the heart center) then you have a great opportunity ahead of you.

Thank You

And I really do not know how long the session was but it was not all that long actually I am estimating it at about 10 to 15 minutes and it occurred just as I stood up and stayed with me (strongly) for only a couple of minutes but I am still thinking about it and can’t seem to shake it but it did not occur today so I will just wait and see what tomorrow brings :slight_smile:

As for the emotion I am still trying to sort it out but all I come up with is shock with a dash of confusion but I feel there is actually something else there, but it could be I am wanting something else to be there too. Time will tell I guess and I am still working with it and I have told my Yoga teacher about it as well.

One common thing affecting most of us these days is stress. It puts one off emotionally too. Why fall back on medicines when Yoga is there to battle out your stress, anxiety, and depression. In comes Pranayam (also spelled Pranayama). What is it? It is an ancient Indian practice related to controlling your breath. It also brings relief from asthma. Your next question might be ‘How to Do Pranayama Breathing in Yoga’. That is what this blog is about. I will take you through all of this – pranayama breathing in yoga, pranayama techniques, breathe yoga, prana yoga. Let’s get started on what Pranayama is.