[b]II, 14 te hlada panitapa phalah punya apunya hetutvat

These results may be
joyous or sorrowful,
depending upon one?s
accumulated
merit or demerit.
[/b]
M. Stiles

Swami Shyam explains that a person?s current state of happiness or unhappiness is the result of past actions and that the way to move beyond this body is to remove the root of the kleshas.

Swami Satchidananda offers the following insight: ?A happy or unhappy life is your own creation. Nobody else is responsible. If you remember this, you won?t find fault with anybody. You are your own best friend as well as your worst enemy.?

Swami Satchidananda. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications. 2004

Stiles, M. Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Boston, MA: Red Wheel/Weiser LLC. 2002
Swami Shyam, Patanjali Yog Darshan, India: International Meditation Institute, 2001, 3rd. edition.

Each action will bear the fruit of pleasure or suffering whether immediate or long term.

I suppose that I find myself more often in the role of my worst enemy…and less often in the role of my best friend… something to work on…

I have been spending the last weeks with this sutra and the next few sutras to come…it has been quite a remarkable and transforming experience for me – I hope that they will be of benefit to you as well.

Facing divine justice (karma) is not easy. But let us not forget Grace. To err is human …