Yoga Teacher Training Nerves!

The studio I’m being trained at this winter created a Facebook group for all the students. Which is great, I’m really excited to get to know everyone. However, I was checking out there pages and half of them are actual models and most of them are already really amazing at yoga and/or super flexible.

Now, I’m not one who usually gets intimidated, but I’m changing career paths here. This is risky. So, now I’m intimidated and a bit discouraged. I’ve been doing yoga for over a year and I’m still really not that flexible. I can’t do anything fancy yet…except crow and a five second headstand. I know yoga isn’t about competition, but I’m honestly just afraid of the judgements. How can I calm these nerves?

Don’t be intimidated
I’ve seen plenty of teachers who know the alignment of a pose and explain it very well but can’t do it for themselves…for many reasons
good luck xox

Dear Fellow Yogi,

Being intimidated will only worsen your confidence. A yogi should be free of any fear :).
Remember, Yoga is 1% Theory/Study and 99% Practice.

You are mentioning only ASANA (Physical Exercise), one of the limb of yoga.
Also practice Pranayama (Breathing Exercise) and Dhyana (Meditation) to have a collateral benefit of Yoga.

Om Tat Sat
Pawan

And don’t forget everybody else will also have their own internal dialogue going on worrying about being judged etc. We all do it :slight_smile: