Yoga to elevate your spirit

So I have been trying to understand how yoga can help us become spiritually connected. It seems as though, most would say that this concept/thought is real and can be experienced in settings like hot yoga and vinyasa. Yoga is truly a great way to experience new things both physically and spiritually. Not to throw religion into the mix, but if we think about it, the bible talks about the presence of the spirit in the groups of two more, I think that the same applies here to Yoga group classes in which people gather bringing the one common desire to discover the inner strengths of the spirit and to feel better through a process other than one which is physical.

The experience is always, different for each person but when properly engaged, immersed and involved, I think that the spiritual benefits of yoga are truly much more valuable than that of the physical. As a coach, I think that the reality of it all is that we all need to center ourselves spiritually in order to accomplish greater things whether it's in training or in fitness there is a level of spiritual awareness we must have in order to achieve.

If you are interested in learning more from me or speaking with me more about spirituality and fitness or just want to know more about fitness in general follow me on IG @flakito_fitness or visit my website at www.flakitofitness.com.

Yoga is not only a physical practice but also a deeply spiritual one. It offers a pathway to elevate your spirit, connect with your inner self, and experience a sense of higher consciousness. Here are some aspects of yoga that can help elevate your spirit:

1. Mindfulness and Presence: Yoga encourages being fully present in the moment. By practicing mindfulness on the mat, you can carry this awareness into your daily life, helping you appreciate each moment and experience a profound connection to the world around you.

2. Breath Awareness: Pranayama, or breath control, is an essential aspect of yoga. Learning to control and deepen your breath can have a profound impact on your mental and emotional state. Breath awareness can create a sense of inner peace and connection to the essence of life.

3. Meditation: Yoga often includes meditation as a core component. Meditation allows you to explore the depths of your inner world, connect with your higher self, and experience a sense of oneness and unity with the universe.

4. Spiritual Philosophy: Yoga is rooted in rich philosophical traditions, such as Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita. Exploring these teachings can deepen your understanding of life's purpose, ethical values, and the nature of reality, all of which can elevate your spiritual awareness.

5. Self-Reflection: Yoga encourages self-inquiry and self-reflection. By examining your thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors, you can gain insight into your true nature and the path to spiritual growth.

6. Connectivity: Yoga philosophy often emphasizes the interconnectedness of all living beings. Recognizing this interconnectedness can foster compassion, empathy, and a sense of unity with all of humanity and the natural world.

7. Chakra Balancing: In yoga, there's a focus on balancing and aligning the body's energy centers known as chakras. Balancing these energy centers can promote a sense of vitality, well-being, and spiritual harmony.

8. Seva (Service): Many yoga traditions emphasize the importance of service to others. By engaging in acts of kindness and service, you can elevate your spirit by contributing positively to the world.

9. Silent Retreats: Participating in silent retreats, which often incorporate meditation and deep self-reflection, can provide a transformative spiritual experience.

10. Transcendence: Certain yoga practices aim to transcend the ego and the limitations of the material world. Experiences of oneness and unity can be deeply spiritual and transformative.

11. Awe and Wonder: Yoga can help you tap into a sense of awe and wonder at the beauty of the world. Observing the world with childlike wonder can elevate your spirit and deepen your connection to the divine.

It's important to note that the spiritual journey in yoga is deeply personal, and each individual's experience is unique. The path to elevating your spirit through yoga may involve various practices, philosophies, and approaches. Whether you follow a specific yoga tradition or develop your own spiritual path, yoga provides a framework for personal growth, self-discovery, and a deeper connection to your inner self and the universe.