Yoga with Jogging and Yoga at evening

Hi,

I have learnt yoga from my yoga teacher three years back and has been doing it. For past one year I missed to continue.I have started jogging in early morning. Is there a chance to combine my yoga and running ? please suggest.:confused:

I work in field of computers. I feel that my eyes are getting tired frequently. Is there any specific asana which I can do to relax my eyes ?

I would get sometime by late evening. Please suggest which asanas can be done (mainly for relaxing back,eyes,reducing belly) and any precautions to follow.

Thank you in advance.

As a precursor to your morning jog you can do classical Surya Namaskar. You can vary the pace, beginning slowly and gradually increasing. And you can do as many rounds or repetitions that work for you.

I’d like to mention that asana is not dolled out like pharmaceutical medicine. These things follow a holistic healing pathway and work on many elements in order to bring the entire human organism into a more robust balance. As such, no there are no asanas for eyes, per se. The best remedy for these sorts of things is to change the initial destructive behavior. Of course where employment is concerned that is not always easy.

Taking breaks to avoid eye strain is helpful, also varying your focal point (because computing is a very close focal point). There are some Chinese eye exercises as well AND there’s the school of Good Sight (or the like) at the Sri Aurobindo ashram in Pondy. You can also use an eye pillow in savasana, viparati karani, and salamba setu bandha sarvangasana on a bolster.

These things above also work for your third question, aside from reducing belly. That comes from three things; sensible eating, consistent exercise, and time.

[QUOTE=rameshiit19;87622]Hi,

I have learnt yoga from my yoga teacher three years back and has been doing it. For past one year I missed to continue.I have started jogging in early morning. Is there a chance to combine my yoga and running ? please suggest.:confused:

I work in field of computers. I feel that my eyes are getting tired frequently. Is there any specific asana which I can do to relax my eyes ?

I would get sometime by late evening. Please suggest which asanas can be done (mainly for relaxing back,eyes,reducing belly) and any precautions to follow.

Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

A few poses while you stretch to warm up should be helpful followed by a small sequence of poses to cool down after your jog.

I also work via computers and I’ve found it helps to follow this rule: After looking at your screen for hour spend at least a minute looking 20 feet in the distance. It helps to reduce the strain from the harmful blue light that monitors emit.

Try to meditate for a few minutes between working as well, it should help to take at least a little bit of the stress out of your eyes and head.

Hope this helps!