Yogi doesn't practice - Yogi is the living practice

Hello fellow Yogi brothers, warm greeting to you.

I have come across this thought on few forums, that Yoga or the true Yogic practice of attaining the enlightened state, is a result of practice. Having researched this a quite awhile, I came across a teacher who actually has gone through the state of self-realization and is now his day to day living way of being. Yes, sounds great doesn’t it.

He speaks about it however in very simple and clear terms, not allowing the analytical mind to distract and take over the otherwise such a simple way of being. I was curious about something he claims; If you are already one with the ultimate truth, in Oneness with the Consciousness that we all live in, and live as, than all practice that aims for a future (or near future) results or change in being, is in fact a form of escapism of this moment.

He seems to say that the reality that is forever constant and present now, cannot be found by seeking it through practice or meditation, as the moment you start walking (metaphorically speaking) towards a desired result or achievement, that very moment you begin waking away from yours Self. Any step of effort spent towards becoming something, is an effort made to create more layers of identity instead of uncovering the real silent witness, the tenderly calling Beloved within yourself.

Fashinating but do you feel he has gone through and embodied the ‘real’ thing? Check out how he speaks about it, it certainly moves something in me. Strictly speaking, you can’t embody something that you already are, in the union and oneness of everything… Please share your thoughts on this: Know Yourself | Discover Your True Identity

Thank you brothers, WS

I would ask a few questions, how did he attain this state, are you sure he has attained what he claims to have attained. So we are supposed to live in the moment, well what if this moment wants me to sit still, meditate, observe? no aim for the future? does he sleep at all and if so does he prepare for that. Would sleep be preparing for the future? Ask him if he knows everything. On his path he may not need meditation, on your path you may. THe moment a person tells me what I need and I do not need is the moment I start to question. A person can give me suggestions to ponder but to invalidate my “practice”?

This is just thoughts going off of what you have written. imho, what you have said is of more importance in this discussion then what he has said. The reason I say that is you are the one asking for thoughts out of your interpertation of what he said. Maybe you understand what he is saying, maybe not. Maybe there will come a day whne I no longer meditate and I just am, I do not believe I am at that state mentally. Just as teh planets revolve in time, I assume I will evolve in time. I am content with where I am at, but I will seek further. What you do and how you look at it is your path, not mine nor his.

hopefully something makes sense and is of assistance
I seek therefore I am
seeker

Hi and thanks for that, it does make sense.

Indeed, I feel that no-one can or should tell another what to do, as only the person in question will be able to feel, know and sense within himself what is right and needed in any given moment. When I am in apparent crossroads of facing options, I fall into this stillness (internal as externally I might be … running across the stree!) and I concentrate on what feels absolutely frank to me, what’s real to me, of me. In that … well, honesty, I know that in being true to myself with no selfish (self gain) agendas fuelling my motives, I act as one with the creation (hopefully).

But the moment the thinker, the identity/ego steps in and says: I want this, I need that; I know this might not be what is needed, wants being quite different from the needs.

Yes, I would like to ask those questions of him. Somebody somewhere said that he actually asked the regulars in his sessions to stop coming as they were starting to form an attachement to him as a “person”, although his teaching is not off the man, but off the essence/truth which just happens to move through him, animating his words. Curious metaphor.

Hhmmm…

WS