YTT while pregnant?

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum and forums in general. Thanks for any input.
So my scenario is: I signed up for YTT, it is an 8 month course long one weekend a month, it’s in a very reputable studio and I know a lot of graduates from there. The thing is that there is a possibility that I could get pregnant while doing the training. When I ask trainers or experienced Yogis they said as long as you are ok or your doctors sais so. I never ask my doctor before I signed up, I just did, also I haven’t been practicing Yoga for too long or i should say very consistent. But I’m so in love with the idea of learning about yoga and better myself. If pregnant, my pregnancy will be extra precious due to some difficulty trying to conceive and I don’t want to risk anything. It is a 200 hr Vinayasa YTT. If pregnant,I will be done with training one month before due date.
The questions is: how safe is it to go on into this YTT while pregnant? It is even possible to complete it? Should I continue to do it?
Thank you very much.

AS a rule we do not recommend people to practice anything even slightly exerting or any asanas whilst pregnant, as yogis do not generally deem this to be safe. We teach very gentle practices for pregnant ladies which only focus on supporting the spine and opening the hips, along with deep relaxation.

If you think about it, what does a med student know about the deep and complex science of yoga? In fact, what do most really know. …

From what it sounds like the safest thing would be to wait. You might feel pressured to push harder when you’re on a course, which can cause damage. Instead, why not practice yourself at the level and intensity that suits you? if it’s the first time you’re pregnant you probably have little to no idea of how it will effect/challange you.

Though i am far from qualified to talk on this subject so do seek professional guidance.

Become a certified & confident Prenatal Yoga teacher at your own schedule. Complete the course at your own pace. This premium online course is created by Lucia Seglie with her 10 years of teaching experience.

What Will You Learn?

Here is an overview of what you will learn in this 85-Hour Online Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course

• Pregnancy yoga & it's benefits

• Yogic philosophy for pregnant women

• How to prepare class materials & use props

• Fundamentals of pregnancy-specific anatomy

• Advanced adjustments for pregnancy asanas

• The different hormonal stages

• How to build a class for different body types

• Asana modifications & variations

• Safety guidelines for specific pregnancy issues

• Proper use of props during pregnancy

• Advanced sequencing

• Hands-on assists during pregnancy