Asking for your good vibrations

Thanks and the same to you- Love your sign off phrase. I’d watch the first couple of episodes,probably get bored with the plot , dialogue and lack of depth to the star’s acting and only tune in when the tv guide says there’s a specially good show to watch. But I’m sure I’d be disappointed if the show wasn’t picked up for the next season.

Elizabeth says she is feeling the good thoughts and prayers sent to her and things are going as well as can be expected. She won’t have her last treatment until February 3rd; she gets 5 a week plus 7 days of chemo but it’s a kind of chemo that is a supplement to the radiation and sensitizes the tumor to react to the radiation. This is state of the art radiation too , called proton radiation of which there are only 9 center in the country, each place only has one huge machine based on a particle accelerator- Elizabeth’s is 3 stories high and takes 60 to operate all for one person at a time. It’s in Indiana and I leave the 16th-
I don’t look forward to the long drive-hours of sitting hurt my back. Elizabeth only experienced some itchy legs at the start as a side effect and that was cured with ibuprofen. She is in good spirits considering and is starting to care about nutrition for the 1st time in her life though she’s been a vegetarian since 12 for moral reasons. Thank you again for your thoughts and I will post this message to others. Namaste

I’m here with Elizabeth now and she looks better and more robust than when she left, in fact , better than for a long time. She’s actually is eating nutritionally and exercising which she,s not done much of in her life. She’s looks great and is in good spirits. Thanks everyone.

[QUOTE=TonyTamer;48164]I’m here with Elizabeth now and she looks better and more robust than when she left, in fact , better than for a long time. She’s actually is eating nutritionally and exercising which she,s not done much of in her life. She’s looks great and is in good spirits. Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]

It’s made my night to read this post. Thoughts go to you and her, I hope the good news continues.

Keep faith. God knows what’s best for all his creation, although we might not understand it now. Your daughter is a pious soul and all my positive vibratons her way. She will definitely come out of it.

Best wishes & God Bless, :smiley:
Shahvir

[B]P.S.:- Glad to know she’s feeling well already!! [/B]:slight_smile:

Elizabeth is in good spirits and exercising because she wants to for the first time in her life and eating with her mind on nutrition. The doctor said her treatment is coming along just like they wanted it to. And it is a very expensive treatment - I think one of the most expensive,The doctor also said because North Carolina is the only state not to pay for proton radiation with Medicaid and despite what the financial people here say, the doctor says he’s giving us the treatment for free. I could of kissed him and told him so. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Namaste

[QUOTE=TonyTamer;48737]Elizabeth is in good spirits and exercising because she wants to for the first time in her life and eating with her mind on nutrition. The doctor said her treatment is coming along just like they wanted it to. And it is a very expensive treatment - I think one of the most expensive,The doctor also said because North Carolina is the only state not to pay for proton radiation with Medicaid and despite what the financial people here say, the doctor says he’s giving us the treatment for free. I could of kissed him and told him so. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Namaste[/QUOTE]

Do not worry, she will come thru! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
Shahvir

Thank you all, Elizabeth continues to do well. walking better each day it seems- her gait is noticeable but not a lot and though she doesn’t walk far at one time ( blocks ) she walks where she wants to go in the very spacious Jill’s House where we stay. There’s 3 sisters here I wish you could see- twins age 5 and younger sister who has a brain tumor- they are all so cute and smart and friendly, parents are mostly deaf they are not and they taught themselves to read with closed captions on TV. I bought them a video about cartoon penguins as Loren, the youngest loves penguins, I thought I was showing some intelligence and guessed that the penguin on the cover was an Emperor Penguin , they all three said no, that’s a mudhopper, then they told me about Emperor and Macaroni penguins and their natural predators, the leopard seal. I’d worn a to me green shirt and Amanda said that’s my favorite color’ Teal "- they are amazing and so supportive of each other. This place is so much better than a motel. Namaste

I am very happy to report that we had our last interview with Dr. Buchbaum today ( Elizabeth has 3 more treatments ) and he said things look excellent for Elizabeth, she has done exactly as they’d hoped-she’ll get follow-up MRI’s back in Winston-Salem,NC every 3 months for a year then every 4 months for 4 years then once a year for the rest of her life- he believes this will make the tumor inert and though she’ll probably ( not necessarily ) always have a slight limp she should live a normal life-span. Even if it came back they could do a cordectomy and she could live a normal life-span potentially , in a wheel chair. While that isn’t something I want to think about , it is a big releif that I will most likely always have Elizabeth in this Life. She is in good spirits and hopefully will take this as a turning point in her life to have a more upbeat view of things. The Doctor told her that’d help her immune system to be happy. I think she was listening. She’s always been beautiful,intelligent and gifted artistically but has always felt like a square peg in a round hole. I hope this brings her into her own without the social stigma she invents for herself . I’ve seen it get slightly better through the years- I’m hoping for a big leap forward now. Thanks everyone for the good wishes, prayers and vibrations. We are very happy about it all now. Namaste

Elizabeth is doing well at this time- she will keep a limp forever, ( maybe yoga can help ) 2 weeks ago -she went to the emergency room because of pain and at 1st they thought it was tumor growth pushing on her kidneys- but another doctor opined that it was the fluid sac ( bruise ) around the burnt away tumor pushing. Her response to steroids bolstered that argument ,since she’s felt well. She has new found focus on her health through juicing and massage. She’ll get 10 massages ( hour long ) which should be good. She’s getting more serious about singing -we are implementing that with friends who do music. I posted a youtube of her singing Ave Maria a few years back ( she had the tumor then but we didn’t know it ), There are also 2 funny videos of me. I wrote all but the chorus of Count Elvula. Search the one word " TheTonyTamer " Thanks for caring and sending her the positive vibrations . Elizabeth said she felt them.

Keep the faith and God Bless! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Shahvir

just enjoy her for what she is. There is no need to change someone else just our preception of that person.

I have similiar understanding with this as my roomate is “Insane” a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks the government is talking to him over the T.V with satellite technology. You cannot change someone only how you look at them. Otherwise there condition will cause you to build a wall between you and them.

accept her for what she is and know you cannot change her she is what she is and will always be that way especialy with Aspingers

You are right about accepting her as she is and not trying to change her; however she changes as we all do with time. The literature says that asperger’s get better at social interactions presumably through added social experience over the years. I am very proud of her and she is the daughter of my dreams, beyond them. For her happiness I wish for better social understanding on hers and others parts because her self-image in large part comes from how she perceives others see her. She has experienced much sadness simply because she feels like a social misfit. She has definite gifts which are constricted and choked by this. But she is getting better with time and we have bigger fish to fry now- her happiness is paramount with me.

I wanted to share good news: The first definitive MRI was yesterday and it’s official : the tumor is shrinking and there’s no sign of a new one. She continues to improve in health and mobility. Thank you all very much- I believe in prayers and good vibrations and it was a comfort to us both. Namaste

God Bless! :slight_smile:

Wonderful news Tony! Thanks for keeping us updated. You all will continue in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Tony. I have just read this thread. I must say, she is lucky to have such a caring father.
My good thoughts are with you.

Hi Tony, we send our good thoughts for your daughter and wish her a fast improvement!

Fantastic! We’ll see her performing asanas soon! :wink:

Elizabeth’s latest MRI results : No new growth and continued formation of scar tissue showing that the old tumor is indeed dead- best present ever for a Dad. Thank you proton radiation and the good people up in Bloomington, Indiana.
And Thank you to all of you who sent the good vibrations for her healing. This wonderful news isn’t just because of the proton radiation but a combination of several things all wanting her well, I believe. Wanted to let you all know her status- a year from her treatment. Namaste