Avatar Meher Baba declared, "I am God in human form"

Hi, Meher Baba has helped me more than words can tell and I believe what he says with all of my heart, so I want to spread his message of love and truth as much as possible. Meher Baba dictated that “Now is the time for all to understand that I am God in human form” and that his Universal Message should be spread “far and wide” and given “to all, irrespective of whether one believes in me or not”. It is copyrighted ? by the Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust and reproduced by permission of the Trust.

"The Universal Message" of Meher Baba

"I have come not to teach but to awaken. Understand therefore that I lay down no precepts.

Throughout eternity I have laid down principles and precepts, but mankind has ignored them.  Man's inability to live God's words makes the Avatar's teaching a mockery.  Instead of practicing the compassion he taught, man has waged crusades in his name.  Instead of living the humility, purity and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed and violence.

Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present Avataric Form I observe Silence.  You have asked for and been given enough words ? it is now time to live them.  

To get nearer and nearer to God you have to get further and further away from "I", "Me", and "Mine".  You have not to renounce anything but your own self.  It is as simple as that, though found to be almost impossible.  It is possible for you to renounce your limited self by my Grace.  I have come to release that Grace. 

I repeat, I lay down no precepts.  When I release the tide of Truth which I have come to give, men's daily lives will be the living precept.  The words I have not spoken will come to life in them.

I veil myself from man by his own curtain of ignorance, and manifest my Glory to a few.  My present Avataric Form is the last Incarnation of this cycle of time, hence my Manifestation will be the greatest.  When I break my Silence, the impact of my Love will be universal and all life in creation will know, feel and receive of it.  It will help every individual to break himself free from his bondage in his own way.  I am the Divine Beloved who loves you more than you can ever love yourself.  The breaking of my Silence will help you to help yourself in knowing your real Self.

All this world confusion and chaos was inevitable and no one is to blame.  What had to happen has happened; and what has to happen will happen.  There was and is no way out except through my coming in your midst.  I had to come, and I have come.  I am the Ancient One."

If he indeed is an avatar, he should better show some of his powers to Surya :smiley:

bad joke dude

I’ve never even heard of this guy.

See Baba’s love and beauty in the YouTube video “You Alone Exist.” Just search for “You Alone Exist Meher Baba.”

HA HA AH AH HAAh

no

Nice moustache.

Maher Baba may have simply been planting seeds and setting bait so that you may become caught in the hook and start doing the work that is needed to come to know yourself. And with all of this talk about God giving man precepts and commandments to follow, this in itself is more than enough for one to realize that he is simply deceiving you. Existence is such, that whether you are living as a so called good or bad man, it is not interested in anything else except recycling your energies so that it can maintain its total balance of energies. Neither has there ever been some kind of Supreme Being which is setting its eyes over humanity, so concerned with its well being like an egoist, who becomes happy when you do well, and who becomes sad when you do not do well. If there is life on other planets with the same intelligence as a human being, then it is certain that they too have their own God, gods, and their own religions. That Maher Baba has said that mans sufferings are due to his inability to follow Gods words reflects that he is still intent on man remaining a slave. Because the very nature of enlightenment is such - that no commandments are needed, nor any rules, regulations, doctrines, beliefs, or creeds. Once you are living in harmony with your own true nature, then there is a certain intelligence which starts working within oneself which is naturally in tune with the universe, because whether you are living in communion with the source of your own being or that of the whole existence, there is no difference - they are one and the same. That is why in the Upanishads they do not make any distinction between Atman and Brahman, your own true self and the true nature of the whole universe are one and the same. Once a human being comes into contact with this - then no morality is needed, you will naturally move with the current of things. Things like wisdom, compassion, love, insight, become just as effortless as ones own breath.

“Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, I observe Silence”

That was a great marketing approach that he had done - to declare himself as an incarnation of God, and speak as though he is the representative of Gods words. This is a very old and ancient trick to try and give your teachings credibility, because for those who will believe it - they will believe it so blindly that those teachings will be held high on a pedestal. But even the organized religions cannot agree with each other as to a single philosophy, and have interpretations of God which are completely different from one another. The God of the Muslims is incompatible with any other religion - because if you dont accept that the Prophet Muhammed is the last messenger of God, and that the God he represents is the One and Only true God, then you have gone astray from the path. These are two pillars which are essential in Islam - the belief in one and only One God, and that the Prophet Muhammed is the last messenger of this God. This means that if you reject the teachings of prophet muhammed, then you have rejected God himself. The Vedas will not agree, although they too have said that the Vedas is a divine revelation from God. The Vedas does not even mention Muhammed, nor does the Vedas claim that their religion has any prophets or messengers, but they are just a compilation of things which have been written by various Rishis.

There is nothing wrong with Maher Babas statement that he is an incarnation of the divine, unless you consider that everything in the universe is divine, and that that which is “divine” is inexpressible - it is not something that can be limited to a personality which is created in your own image. Lao Tzu has said that the Tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao. If you can give it a name, you have missed it, because you have tried to restrict it according to your own one-sided projections of the mind. An “avatar” is not something special - that which is divine is right in front of your own eyes in every moment. Seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching - these are none other than expressions of One Light.

There are a great many claiming to be avatars - Sai Baba, Meher Baba, Baba Blacksheep (no wait that is a nursery rhyme).

If Some one Avatar why they need to claim that , they are so. Even people will come to know them and differentiate them from rest of the world by their karam.

Meher Baba sounds basically like a dude who had a messiah complex. I was reading about him in Paul Brunton’s book, ‘A Search in Secret India’ He was one of the many gurus that Brunton investigated, and though with others he found actual evidence of real abilities, Meher Baba he found to be loony. Meher Baba told Brunton he would appoint him as his principal ambassador to announce him to the whole world and would give him his great powers so that he can do his works for him. Well, suffice it to say, nothing happened.

[I]amir mourad writes:
The God of the Muslims is incompatible with any other religion - because if you dont accept that the Prophet Muhammed is the last messenger of God, and that the God he represents is the One and Only true God, then you have gone astray from the path. These are two pillars which are essential in Islam - the belief in one and only One God, and that the Prophet Muhammed is the last messenger of this God. This means that if you reject the teachings of prophet muhammed, then you have rejected God himself. [/I]

My quoting on this one is:
Sounds like when usa said either you are with us or against us.Forcing people to take side.

There is but one God and you or I or Maha Baba aint it.

First I’m going to need to see some miracles and wonders, and thats only to get me to slightly interested before we take this assertion any farther.

And if we do go any further in this relationship you better have, up your sleeve, the ability to form a galaxy or I shall lay down my hammer upon thee.

Melchizedek: you know what the yogis consider god as? energy from what ive read.

and we are all made of atoms. And you and the stone is same and both have consciousness otherwise the atoms in the stone would not be held together. So i would say energy and consciousness.

Just like raindrops are falling they believe they are individual drops before the join the stream and become one.

The story of Jada-Bharata occurs in detail in the Shrimad Bhagavatam, Canto 5, chapters 7 to 14.

Jada-Bharata replied, [I]“You see, King, this is the earth. It seems as though a man is walking on it, but the foot of the man who walks on the earth is also made of the same earth.[/I] The knees are above the feet, the waist is above the knees, and the shoulders are above the waist. A palanquin is placed on the shoulder and a man is seated in the palanquin. All of these are but modifications of the earth only. Consider a hammer and anvil. Both are in essence made of iron, even then, to our eyes, the hammer is not anvil and the anvil is not the hammer, both are different. Therefore, because of being different modifications, there is scope for interaction between the two. One beats and the other gets beaten up. Even then, essentially, the iron neither beats nor gets beaten. It is only two modifications of iron interacting with each other, leaving the iron itself essentially untouched.”

Jada-Bharata replied, “You see, King, this is the earth. It seems as though a man is walking on it, but the foot of the man who walks on the earth is also made of the same earth. The knees are above the feet, the waist is above the knees, and the shoulders are above the waist. A palanquin is placed on the shoulder and a man is seated in the palanquin. All of these are but modifications of the earth only. Consider a hammer and anvil. Both are in essence made of iron, even then, to our eyes, the hammer is not anvil and the anvil is not the hammer, both are different. Therefore, because of being different modifications, there is scope for interaction between the two. One beats and the other gets beaten up. Even then, essentially, the iron neither beats nor gets beaten. It is only two modifications of iron interacting with each other, leaving the iron itself essentially untouched.”

That is a great explanation.

Effectively, all is that one infinite consciousness. You, I, rocks, stars, planets, atoms, quarks, electrons, energy, strings. There is no duality.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;74898]Melchizedek: you know what the yogis consider god as? energy from what ive read.

and we are all made of atoms. And you and the stone is same and both have consciousness otherwise the atoms in the stone would not be held together. So i would say energy and consciousness.

Just like raindrops are falling they believe they are individual drops before the join the stream and become one.

The story of Jada-Bharata occurs in detail in the Shrimad Bhagavatam, Canto 5, chapters 7 to 14.

Jada-Bharata replied, [I]“You see, King, this is the earth. It seems as though a man is walking on it, but the foot of the man who walks on the earth is also made of the same earth.[/I] The knees are above the feet, the waist is above the knees, and the shoulders are above the waist. A palanquin is placed on the shoulder and a man is seated in the palanquin. All of these are but modifications of the earth only. Consider a hammer and anvil. Both are in essence made of iron, even then, to our eyes, the hammer is not anvil and the anvil is not the hammer, both are different. Therefore, because of being different modifications, there is scope for interaction between the two. One beats and the other gets beaten up. Even then, essentially, the iron neither beats nor gets beaten. It is only two modifications of iron interacting with each other, leaving the iron itself essentially untouched.”[/QUOTE]

You know what I consider God?

GOD. Also - God is not the Creation.

If we are deluded in a certain way, then those delusions color the information that comes to us, and we, often times see what we want to see.

Surya Deva I see your perverse viewpoint creeping in here.

“I am God.” Someday you’ll see but first you must suffer

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75030]Surya Deva I see your perverse viewpoint creeping in here. “I am God.” Someday you’ll see but first you must suffer[/QUOTE]

The mind is finite the absolute is not, what you write is beyond mind accessible through the experience of silence, there is no separation, you are the source, remove the maya and realize the misidentification.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;75035]The mind is finite the absolute is not, what you write is beyond mind accessible through the experience of silence, there is no separation, you are the source, remove the maya and realize the misidentification.[/QUOTE]

The “Universal Father” is the source, the support, the power, and the glory.
From him comes all - and upon his might does all things rest.
Man is but a speck and nothing but delusion and vanity rests upon him.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75102]The “Universal Father” is the source, the support, the power, and the glory.
From him comes all - and upon his might does all things rest.
Man is but a speck and nothing but delusion and vanity rests upon him.[/QUOTE]

You speak as though this “universal father” is a personal being?

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;75140]You speak as though this ?universal father? is a personal being?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Universal Father/ The Eternal Son / The Infinite Spirit = Triune Diety or GOD.

Ishvara is a “Creator Son of God.” As it is written - The Lord incarnated on the mortal plane for the 7th time about 2012 years ago. He was known as Yeshua.

Upon completion of his mission he took over soverign control of this universe, a universe which in the begining - he created.

I’m always vexed when someone says "there is no God."
I don’t get it. Seriously. It’s astonishing.
I don’t understand how such a conclusion is come to. Please. Anyone. Help me to understand, if that is your point of view, how you came to it.