Avatar Meher Baba declared, "I am God in human form"

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75178]
I’m always vexed when someone says "there is no God."
I don’t get it. Seriously. It’s astonishing.
I don’t understand how such a conclusion is come to. Please. Anyone. Help me to understand, if that is your point of view, how you came to it.[/QUOTE]

Mindful definitions of god are relative; truth of the miracle happening within consciousness is self-evident.

I don’t understand how such a conclusion is come to. Please. Anyone. Help me to understand, if that is your point of view, how you came to it.

Why do you bother to ask? You already believe you know everything and pity those who do not share your beliefs.

I certainly do not share most of your beliefs, I think they are childish.

The Lord incarnated on the mortal plane for the 7th time about 2012 years ago. He was known as Yeshua.

And you know that how? You believe it, you don’t actually know it. Though you are one of those annoying proselytizing types that try to throw their beliefs in other peoples faces by presenting them as 100% truth and fact. You have no evidence, proof or reason - you just shout a lot.

Upon completion of his mission he took over soverign control of this universe, a universe which in the begining - he created.

Right, so this fictitious lord father of yours created a universe. Then we went on a mission to incarnate on Earth as Jesus, got crucified and spat on by humans, then returned from his mission and retook control of this universe.

And who was running the universe when he was on his mission :wink:

This is a kind of story a 5 year old would come up with. It is insulting to ones intelligence in my opinion to believe this.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;75183]You already believe you know everything and pity those who do not share your beliefs.[/QUOTE]

I should read back through Melchizedek?s post, he seems to be mixing and intertwining a variety of religious beliefs instead of being steeped in one faith.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;75181]Mindful definitions of god are relative; truth of the miracle happening within consciousness is self-evident.[/QUOTE]

I just had a big miracle this morning.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;75183]Why do you bother to ask? You already believe you know everything and pity those who do not share your beliefs.

And you know that how? You believe it, you don’t actually know it. Though you are one of those annoying proselytizing types that try to throw their beliefs in other peoples faces by presenting them as 100% truth and fact. You have no evidence, proof or reason - you just shout a lot.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know everything, that would be impossible.
And I do pity those who don’t have truth, and light and love.
I don’t sojurn long in the areas of belief. Belief without evidence is foolish. If I have a belief, I call it a theory until over the course of time and through investigation it is proven one way or the other.

In terms of God and Religion and Spiritual Matters . . . I am wholly intereseted, and zealously pursue and wholly sincere, and things that you haven’t seen and [I]indeed[/I] - things that you wouldn’t believe - have been revealed to me in various ways.

You have had little to no revelation because of your present condition. So you wander the desert…

If you would only pick up a bible, open your mind, and start reading without bias you’d find - it’s all in there - even yoga.

So now.
Can someone explain to me thier rationale for the statement “there is no God.” I’d like to hear multiple views and opinions because, well, I’m interested. I honestly don’t get it.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;75186]I should read back through Melchizedek?s post, he seems to be mixing and intertwining a variety of religious beliefs instead of being steeped in one faith.[/QUOTE]

My interest is in truth. Not belief.

Have you read the bible?

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;75184]Right, so this fictitious lord father of yours created a universe. Then we went on a mission to incarnate on Earth as Jesus, got crucified and spat on by humans, then returned from his mission and retook control of this universe.

And who was running the universe when he was on his mission :wink:

This is a kind of story a 5 year old would come up with. It is insulting to ones intelligence in my opinion to believe this.[/QUOTE]

I would encourage you to read first the book of Urantia.
Then the Holy Bible.

It’s all in there.

as to your query “who was running the universe while he was away?”

If i remember right it was a divine being known as an Anchient of Days appointed to the role of steward who in council with one of the Phases of God, and I would speculate the Creator Son that ruled over the affairs of this Universe.

The various incarnations are taken - as I understand them are for the purposes of experience - among other things. Once the final incarnation is given up. The Lord “Ascends to the Father” and I would imagine there’s a party. Then he takes over the reigns.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75195]I just had a big miracle this morning.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never experienced the miracle ceasing, conscious/dream/sleep/beyond.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75197]Have you read the bible?[/QUOTE]

Yes

I would encourage you to read first the book of Urantia.
Then the Holy Bible.

It’s all in there.

as to your query “who was running the universe while he was away?”

If i remember right it was a divine being known as an Anchient of Days appointed to the role of steward who in council with one of the Phases of God, and I would speculate the Creator Son that ruled over the affairs of this Universe.

What a bunch of bull lol

You’ve read a lot of garbage and now are presenting this garbled up garbage as the truth.

Sorry I will start to lose brains cells if we discuss this any further.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75196]So now.
Can someone explain to me thier rationale for the statement “there is no God.” I’d like to hear multiple views and opinions because, well, I’m interested. I honestly don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

People have been discussing the inexplicable and undefinable since the beginning of human existence; it can prove thought-provoking and may even serve a purpose although complexities in attempts at mindfully defining God/Brahma/Divine/Absolute etc. seem to prove futile. Perhaps it?s more useful to explore what God is not than what God is.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75196]If you would only pick up a bible, open your mind, and start reading without bias you’d find - it’s all in there - even yoga.[/QUOTE]

The Bible, Koran Torah, Vedas and others are ways of putting words together, imagination perpetuated by desire; beyond words the real is, incommunicable, directly experienced, shattering the mind.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;75243]People have been discussing the inexplicable and undefinable since the beginning of human existence; it can prove thought-provoking and may even serve a purpose although complexities in attempts at mindfully defining God/Brahma/Divine/Absolute etc. seem to prove futile. Perhaps it’s more useful to explore what God is not than what God is.[/QUOTE]

What is most useful living in harmony with the rules of the game.
Then after that what is most useful is yoga.
Then after that what is most useful is the acquisition of true knowledge.
For in the journey towards true knowledge one leaves behind idle speculation - for the facts are the facts.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;75234]What a bunch of bull lol

You’ve read a lot of garbage and now are presenting this garbled up garbage as the truth.

Sorry I will start to lose brains cells if we discuss this any further.[/QUOTE]

Yours is a statement of opinion, one not in accord with an ounce of truth.
If you’ve never read them then you have no real justification to comment on them. I’m sure you can see that.

If you’ve never read them then you have no real justification to comment on them.

I prefer Marvel comic books :wink: By the way loved the new avengers movie!

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75196]I don’t know everything, that would be impossible.
And I do pity those who don’t have truth, and light and love.
I don’t sojurn long in the areas of belief. Belief without evidence is foolish. If I have a belief, I call it a theory until over the course of time and through investigation it is proven one way or the other. [/quote]

Interesting to hear what investigations you have done to prove any of the stuff you say. Let’s start with this:

"If i remember right it was a divine being known as an Anchient of Days appointed to the role of steward who in council with one of the Phases of God, and I would speculate the Creator Son that ruled over the affairs of this Universe. "

In terms of God and Religion and Spiritual Matters . . . I am wholly intereseted, and zealously pursue and wholly sincere, and things that you haven’t seen and [I]indeed[/I] - things that you wouldn’t believe - have been revealed to me in various ways.

I really need to start keeping it a tally of the amount of people on this forum alone who claim to be enlightened, highly spiritually developed, superpsychic or have powers :wink:

You have had little to no revelation because of your present condition. So you wander the desert…

My personal matter. If I say I have had “relevations”, how do I prove it to you? I can’t, so I won’t even bother. Likwise, you really should not bother to tell me your revelations, because you can’t prove it to me and I am not interested in hearing it. It’s all rubbish to me till you can provide evidence and make me sit up and take notice.

If you would only pick up a bible, open your mind, and start reading without bias you’d find - it’s all in there - even yoga.

I have read the bible(it’s also in my book shelf ) I have also read the Quran, the Dhamapada, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Vedas, the Gita and several dozens of classical texts on Yoga, Samkhya and Vedanta. In addition to that hundreds of books on philosophy, spirituality and religion. Of these, the least most enlightening text i read was the bible. So I rarely ever feel any reason to pick it up and read it. It does not interest me and I don’t have much to learn from it.

So now.
Can someone explain to me thier rationale for the statement “there is no God.” I’d like to hear multiple views and opinions because, well, I’m interested. I honestly don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;75306]

[\QUOTE]

The Point is. God is. He is a person. The other point is the man known in the Bible as Jesus is exactly who he said he is.

The thrid point is they want you to know this. But if you have no inclination then so be it.

Why is this important? Why is it important to know these things?

From an individual level when one lives under the authority of God, living the spirit of the law. Then as the bible says “it will be well for you”

Wherever there is a decline in religion and an increase in materialism. Then in that place, whether it’s in an individual, or in a city, state, country, and even the world - then that place becomes a kind of hell.

It does not matter what i read. It does not matter what i experience. In whatever form reality comes to me. I learn. For i am forever a student.
I have learned from playing.
I have learned from reading.
I have learned from listening.
I have learned from feeling.
I have learned from scents.
I have learned from tastes.
Insight knows no bound except that of reality itself.

If you cannot read the bible. And gain insight. then you cannot. If you cannot read a child’s book, and gain insight, then you cannot. simple as that. and when you can, you can.
Melchizedek. You remind me of an old friend of mine named el jeffe.

The Point is. God is. He is a person. The other point is the man known in the Bible as Jesus is exactly who he said he is.

The point in this is your belief. I don’t share it.

The thrid point is they want you to know this. But if you have no inclination then so be it.

I don’t care to be perfectly honest with you. There are important interests in my life, and the bible or the book of Urantia are not one of them.

Why is this important? Why is it important to know these things?

It’s not important for me. Like I said if I want to ready fantasy I read Marvel comic books or Toliken. Not interested in the primitive fantasies of some desert people 2000 years ago.