Calm rational discussion regarding Hinduism and Abrahamic religions

I am proving my point that not all religions are equal. And that Abrahamic are primitive, false and unscientific religions that no civilised and intelligent person should entertain. They do not help anybody. They are full of nothing more than violence, mythology and nonsense.

I am arguing for the superiority of the worlds only true religion: Hindusim.

Hi Surya Deva,

Actually it does not sound different at all. It says stop fighting them when they desist and convert to the religion of Allah. In other words you either convert or perish.

I have read the Quran, thank you very much. I know that the Quran says.
sure it’s different. Obviously very different, your mutilated version says something like “get up and kill” while the actual quote says something like “well, if you get attacked, fight back”. + it clearly says: Don’t begin hostilities, Allah loveth not aggressors.

Additionally there is no need to ask the question, why you cleared the quote from anything that might shed doubt on what you’re trying to bring accross. I don’t have to ask why you deleted “don’t begin hostilities”, it’s obvious.

However, I knew perrfectly that you wouldn’t care, so: Those who might’ve not known what the Sura really says do now and can make up their minds about both the Sura and how it can be and how it is manipulated by you.

Having a minute right now, I’d like to pop you some follow up questions and notes, to keep you going, as I enjoy the show, particularly because it reminds me so well why I reject any religion. Here is the first one:

Hindu civilisation is superior. To all. Yet we agree, that it’s actually “was”, because today, the main country of Hinduism is far from being superior to any average 1st-world country. And of course you have an explanation: Evil other “religions” (stepped out of their scriptures and) invaded and conquered your godlike species. Funny question: How could that happen? How could an inferior civilisation conquer a superior one? I tell you: It’s impossible. Somehow the so called inferior had to be superior. The superior might’ve grown too big to administer, too rich, and therefore attracting conqueres. Or something else. It did not survive, but fell on it’s face and even after a large number of decades, it has not recovered and still is one of the poorest countries in the world. So to say “Hindu civilisaiton is superior” is as absurd as to say “Greek civilisation is superior” or “Roman civilisation is superior”. They once were. Long ago.

So the question again: How come a civilisation of such great superiority fell so hard?

And a point more than a question:

I am proving my point that not all religions are equal.
Of course aren’t all religions equal, they already have different names, so they must be different. They have different people, different scriptures, different rituals and so on. So when someone says, they’re all equal, they obviously must mean something else but them being actually equal. So instead of looking for differences, one must look for similarities. Cuz we already know that there are differences. Simple logic, isn’t it.

So do we find similarities? Yes. Goal of Christianity is to unite with god. What’s the goal of Hinduism? Unite with Brahman or the universal self. It’s the same thing. And how is unity (= Yoga = religion (from latin religare)) achieved? By behaviour. The way you behave decides wether you will be united or not. Same thing. And how do you have to behave? You have to be good, don’t lie, don’t steal, don’t kill, respect others, help others, help the poor, the infants and so on. Same thing. And if you don’t? What’s happening? You’re punished. Same thing. How are you punished? After death (acutally: After life). Same thing. In Christianity you’re going to hell, in Hinduism you’re reborn as some lame creature. In hell you will suffer, as the reborn creature you will suffer. Same thing. And if you behave well, you’ll be rewarded. Same thing. In Christianity you go to heaven and be united with god, in Hinduism you’ll end that cycle of rebirth and unite with Brahman (or something) and enter nirvana. Same thing. Just pictured differently. For an outsider, those differences are of little to no relevance, cuz it’s the same principle. As an insider, sure, you will wind yourself up with details. “Oh, how can I rise from the grave if my body is rotten or had been burnt!!” Hilarious.

So: Yes, it’s the same thing, the religions are equal.

I know, Surya Deva, Mr. Rock of stuff, you won’t agree. Spool off your litany, be my guest, I kinda like just wanted to drop in my viewpoint. If you kindly allow. Or not.

Finally I’d also like to let you know that you, Sir, aren’t doing “your” religion any good, because you have long gone beyond provocing thought. When people hear you talking like a nazi who has achieved nothing himself, but only claims to be member of some master race, it will disgust them. Fortunately you speak your hate in a place where everybody already thinks well of Hinduism, where most people - unlike yourself - do Yoga and have a daily practice of your very own religion, so it’s not too bad. But I, for example, who does not know a single Hindu personally, have already asked myself the question, if your behaviour and attitude, your irrational arrogancy and your aggressive belittling of other beliefs and people because they have that different faith, would be typical for Hindus. I, however, smart and educated, know it’s not the case and like I do not judge Islam by some messed up terrorists, I don’t judge Hinduism by your behavior. Let’s hope noone does, shall we.

The factor that counts in the end is not the ancient book you read or the ritual you follow. It’s how you behave and how you treat others. If you pray to God or Allah or Krishna at the end of the day: Stupid and primitive and inferior is the one who cares about that.

Just my opinion; thank you for reading. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;35694] Interesting perspective Pawel. Are you saying that some wish to be totally right, arrogant and offensive? Or that deep down we are, trying to repress it and get angry and frustrated when confronted with the same?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think you are aware of it as well. Before you wrote you weren’t “little angel” during some discussions. I think we all have a part inside which just want to be rude and forceful with others, especially when those others are causing us pain. And especially when we feel justified in our position. Personally, I found that getting in touch with this shadow makes me less irritated with “crazy” people. Once I was watching a video by a priest giving sermon about Satan taking control over the world, and how everything is surrounded by satanic symbols etc. (he was now banned from giving public lectures). And then he started to sing with people a beautiful chant about Holy Ghost. With his over practiced voice, bit absent from the chant itself - thinking about next things to say. And I thought, wow, he is maybe crazy, but he is on his way in life. He is who he is at the moment. Maybe one day he will loose his “faith”, maybe not. Its difficult to explain but I think I felt sentiment toward him, sort of acceptance. That was liberating - from that moment I slowly get rid of this sensation that people with other beliefs (especially conflicting) are determined and blinded by circumstances and only I have direct access to truth about reality and free mind.

About relation of Christianity to other religions. I noticed Oprah and TV evangelists were cited. So I thought to add bit other dimension I will cite document of catholic church on this subject:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html

I think I already cited this document on this forum but I will put it whenever will be such discussion. Just to show that image is not so black-white.

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;35776]Just my opinion; thank you for reading. :)[/QUOTE]

Q, I take back anything negative I may have said about you. Amazing mind!

However, I knew perrfectly that you wouldn’t care, so: Those who might’ve not known what the Sura really says do now and can make up their minds about both the Sura and how it can be and how it is manipulated by you.

Nothing has been manipulated. The Quran contains 150 verses on violence and condemnation of non-believers. There are even verses on how to distribute the booty from war. I will do a separate post on that later to expose this religion further for the barabric religion it is.

Hindu civilisation is superior. To all. Yet we agree, that it’s actually “was”, because today, the main country of Hinduism is far from being superior to any average 1st-world country. And of course you have an explanation: Evil other “religions” (stepped out of their scriptures and) invaded and conquered your godlike species. Funny question: How could that happen? How could an inferior civilisation conquer a superior one? I tell you: It’s impossible. Somehow the so called inferior had to be superior. The superior might’ve grown too big to administer, too rich, and therefore attracting conqueres. Or something else. It did not survive, but fell on it’s face and even after a large number of decades, it has not recovered and still is one of the poorest countries in the world. So to say “Hindu civilisaiton is superior” is as absurd as to say “Greek civilisation is superior” or “Roman civilisation is superior”. They once were. Long ago.

All civilisations fall, because they come in cycles. Hindu civilisation is superior because it has dominated this planet for almost 10,000 years, it has been at the forefront of science, philosophy, industry and civilisation. Even today it is Hinduism which has more advanced systems of personal development, music, philosophy, language and healthcare. You are mistaken India is a poor country today, India is the 4th richest country in the world, and is poised to overtaken Japan in a few years to become the 3rd richest. Hindus are once again at the forefront of science and technology.

So do we find similarities? Yes. Goal of Christianity is to unite with god.

Nope, the goal of Christianity is to be saved and go to heaven and be in his presence.

What’s the goal of Hinduism? Unite with Brahman or the universal self. It’s the same thing.

No it isn’t. In Hinduism god is just your essential nature which you realise through pure wisdom. In Christianity heaven is an actual locality in space where a man-like god resides and sits on a throne, with Jesus by his side.

And how is unity (= Yoga = religion (from latin religare)) achieved? By behaviour. The way you behave decides wether you will be united or not. Same thing. And how do you have to behave? You have to be good, don’t lie, don’t steal, don’t kill, respect others, help others, help the poor, the infants and so on.

Nope, you achieive it through eradicating all your desires and attaining a pure mind, whereby only pure consciosuness remains, and thereby liberating oneself from the cycle of rebirth. This is enlightenment. This has to be done in this life.

Same thing.

Not at all.

And if you don’t? What’s happening? You’re punished. Same thing. How are you punished? After death (acutally: After life). Same thing. In Christianity you’re going to hell, in Hinduism you’re reborn as some lame creature.

Nope, in Christianity you are punished by god at the day of judgement. You resurrect from the grave and stand before his judgement and you are given eternal life or eternal damnation based on your actions. In Hinduism, an impersonal law of cause and effect(karma) produces your birth, circumstances and body. Those effects are stored in your unconscious mind(chitta) and are triggered by stimuli in the sensory world. For example, dormant traumas can be triggered by stimuli that reactivates those memories and this causes those karmas to germinate and then manifest as thoughts or events in the world.

In hell you will suffer, as the reborn creature you will suffer. Same thing. And if you behave well, you’ll be rewarded. Same thing.

Nope, because there is no heaven or hell in Hinduism. There are mental planes which we enter during sleep and death temporarily, and then return into waking reality. Same thing? Definitely not.

For an outsider, those differences are of little to no relevance, cuz it’s the same principle. As an insider, sure, you will wind yourself up with details. “Oh, how can I rise from the grave if my body is rotten or had been burnt!!” Hilarious.

So: Yes, it’s the same thing, the religions are equal.

This is an ignorant person’s take who can’t appreciate the fundamental differences. Hinduism is as different from Christianity as chalk and cheese.

But I, for example, who does not know a single Hindu personally, have already asked myself the question, if your behaviour and attitude, your irrational arrogancy and your aggressive belittling of other beliefs and people because they have that different faith, would be typical for Hindus. I, however, smart and educated, know it’s not the case and like I do not judge Islam by some messed up terrorists, I don’t judge Hinduism by your behavior. Let’s hope noone does, shall we.

There are many Hindus who hold views just like me. Even some of the greatest Hindu gurus held similar views. We do not consider your religions valid at all, we consider them to be maleccha, barbarian religions. There is nothing we can learn from your religions because they are laughable, full of error, absurdities and barbarianism. I will in a later post further expose the barbarian teachings of your religions.

Swami Dayananda Saraswati wrote a masterpiece known as the Light of Truth which contained a demolishing critique of other religions. In particular his sections on the Abrahamic religions are particularly devestating. He makes them look primitive and stupid, as they indeed are. It will become clear to people on this forum now that while Hinduism is tolerant of other religions, it does not agree with them, and will readily show the absurdity of them through reasoning.

http://www.aryasamajjamnagar.org/chapterthirteen.htm

1. "And God said, Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness: so God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him; make and female created He them. And God blessed them. (1:26, 27, 28.)

C. ~ If God made man in his own image, why is not man then All-holy, All-knowledge and All-bliss, etc., like God in nature? This shows that man was not made in the image of God. Now man was created, and being in the image of God and after His likeness it follows as a natural consequences that His nature is also creatable hence he cannot be eternal. Besides, what did He create the man out of?

5.“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man because a living soul. And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And out of the ground the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.” (2:7 - 9.)

C. ~ When God planted the garden at Eden and placed Adam therein did not He know then that he would have to turn him out of it?

Since God formed Adam of the dust of the ground, he was not made in the image of God, otherwise, God also must have been made of the dust. When God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, was that breath God Himself or something else? If it was something different, man was not made in the image of God, but if it was so Adam and God are alike and being alike God also like man becomes subject to birth and death, growth and decay, hunger and thirst. how can then such a being be called God? For this reason this statement recorded in the Old Testament does not appear to be right, nor can therefore, this book be the Word of God.

1. “And the Lord God cause a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof: and the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.” (2:21, 22.)

C. ~ When God made man out of dust, why did He not make his wife out of the same material? If He made his wife out of a bone, why did He not make him as well out of the same. Now if woman was named so because she was taken out of a man,* the word man should also have been derived from the word Woman as he is born of woman. They should also love each other.

A wife should love her husband as a man loves his wife. Mark ye scholars! How wonderfully shines the beautiful philosophy of the (Biblical God)! If Woman was made of one rib taken out of Man, why are not all men short of one rib? Besides there ought to be only one rib in the body of a woman as he was made out of one rib. Could not God have made Woman of the same material as He had used in the creation of the Universe? It is clear, therefore, that the teachings of the Bible on the subject of creation are opposed to the Laws of Nature.

1. “The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth if it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with tee. And of every living thing of all flesh, tow of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. Thus did Noah, according to all that God commanded him, do did he.” (6:15, 18, 19 - 22).

C. ~ Now can any enlightened mane ever believe a being, who uttered such impossible things which are opposed to the dictum of knowledge, to be God? “How” could any ark of the said dimensions contain (male and female) elephants, camels and millions of other living things, and all the different kinds of foods and drinks that they as well as the whole family of Noah would need? This book is, therefore, a human work. Whoever wrote it was not a learned man either.

1. “And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, wherefore smitest thou thy fellow? And he said, who made thee a prince and a judge over us? Intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedest the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.” (1: 11 - 14.)

C. ~ Now mark, reader. This Moses - chief prophet of the Bible, the founder of its religion - was a slave to such passions as anger, was a homicide who wanted to escape his punishment like an ordinary thief. As he concealed his crime, he must have been in the habit of telling lies. Even such a man (as Moses) met God, became a great prophet and founded the Jewish religion - a religion the reflected the character of its founder. Hence all the chief prophets of the Christians from Moses downwards were all uncivilized?and devoid of culture.

These are just a few of the devestating critiques Swami ji makes of Christianity. It is clear to see that the bible, when put under the scurtiny of a reason, reads like utter nonsense and savagry.

This in particular jumped out at me:

1. “And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the first-born in the land of Egypt, from the first-born of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the first-born of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the first-born of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.” (12:29, 30.)

C. ~ Bravo! What a fine thing did this God of the Christians do! How like a burglar, at midnight He mercilessly killed children., infants and the aged and even cattle that were all innocent! He had not had the least pity on them. ‘There was a great cry in Egypt’ and yet the heart of this Christian God would not melt. Let alone God, even an ordinary man would not do such a thing and yet there is nothing strange in it as it has been said “A flesh-eater knows no pity.” When the God of the Christian is a flesh-eater, what can He have to do with pity and compassion?

This is the Christian god? A god that kills children! Shame on Christians for accepting such a god.

I feel so fortunate that I was taught of a god that was pure consciousness, bliss and truth.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35774]I am proving my point that not all religions are equal. And that Abrahamic are primitive, false and unscientific religions that no civilised and intelligent person should entertain. They do not help anybody. They are full of nothing more than violence, mythology and nonsense.

I am arguing for the superiority of the worlds only true religion: Hindusim.[/QUOTE]
and why should we take advice from someone who is always tired?

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35796]You are mistaken India is a poor country today, India is the 4th richest country in the world, and is poised to overtaken Japan in a few years to become the 3rd richest. Hindus are once again at the forefront of science and technology.[/QUOTE]

1. Have you been here? By the estimates of the Indian Planning Commission, there are at LEAST 27 percent of the people in this country living in poverty. And that is a far more generous sounding estimate than research done by any other organization in the last ten years. Outside my house there is a man who comes every day to pull rags out of the trash bin, and a family that operates only a cart full of coconuts for their entire income. Did not Vivekananda say, “I do not believe in a God or religion which cannot wipe away the widow’s tears or bring a piece of bread to the orphan’s mouth.”? If the country is so rich and so powerful, and it is all because of the influence of Hinduism, then why haven’t they corrected this yet? And don’t blame this on the British. In addition to the bad things they did they also paved the way towards international relations and offered much to the Indian people that facilitated the learning and growth that you say is bringing you to the forefront of science and technology. Whether the roots of great scientific expansion were already planted, they were dormant until something came along which nurtured them. So again, if hinduism is the ultimate religion which will bring greatness to the world, why are there still so many people thinking for themselves and not about each other? Could it be that just like any other religion, the interpretation of what is being taught is taken subjectively and not in it’s ideal context? You may have a country full of Hindus but are they actively practicing it, or just following ritual and doctrine? How many of the people of this great nation are only practicing out of samskara and superstition? How does hinduism help the homeless child I saw climb onto a train and get kicked off onto moving tracks by a rich Indian man? Why is the NGO I volunteer for short on staff members? Why are there children there at all who were rescued from labor camps and sex trade? How is hinduism making life better for the millions and millions of people here who are making a dollar a day while you claim that it is overtaking Japan on the list of most rich countries?

2. On that note… India has at least 17 percent of the world’s population, second only to China. Every other country has five percent or below. You SHOULD have MOST of the world’s wealth, but where are you getting your numbers from? According to the GDP: It is the third richest ASIAN country, on this list: http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/ from 2008. On the per capita list is extremely low: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita .
    None of that research lists India as the fourth richest country in the world. Not even close.

I’m in one of the richest cities in India and the per capita income of a person is less than 30,000 rupees. Sure, people barter and trade, but it certainly doesn’t sound like the majority of people in my city are doing very well. In the streets I meet tons of children who grow up in homes filled with bugs, disease, dirt - crowded into rooms to sleep with dozens of people. Most of them attend school for several years and then cannot afford to go anymore because their family needs them to work.

And don’t assume my opinions are influenced by Islam or Christianity, because I have the same respect for Hinduism that you do. I came to India to study the darsana-s. I make it my life. I believe that this knowledge can be applied to help make the individual and the world great, but it doesn’t change the fact that most Indian people are surprised to find a western girl coming here to put so much effort into understanding the tenants of ideal Hindu philosophies when most of what they really remember about hinduism is from children’s books on the Bhagavad Gita and watching reruns of the Ramayana tv show from the 70’s. Even families highly educated in hinduism cannot convince their own children to study for their samskrt classes. The teacher of my teachers broke conventional Brhman rules and taught yoga and chanting and philosophy to women, because men who had the interest and the discipline were disappearing, and he didn’t want the knowledge to be lost. How far do you think this progress in India can be attributed to Hinduism, when Hinduism is being left behind in the striving for money and gain that is making this country so successful?

Namaste Suryadaya,

Yes, I have been to India several times and plan on going again soon, and eventually settling there. I am aware that 27% of Indian people are living below the poverty line, but bear in mind that this figure was 90% in 1947. Therefore, considering that India has made massive progress. You say do not blame the British, but anybody who has studied the history of the Indian economy, such as Gandhi, will tell you the British are almost exclusively to blame for the poverty in India today. They abolished all of India's industries, taxed them to death, this lead to several massive famines where millions died and the entire country was impoverished. The economic data does not lie on how rich India was prior to the British. It was its riches that attracted them in the first place. Now for a country that has been looted and pillaged for 300 years of British occupation which ended in a bloody partition and civil wars, do you expect it to bounce back straight away? No. However, despite that India has made massive progress and today ranks as one of the leading countries in science and technology. It has a middle class population of 400 million people and growing and and most of the population is young. It is the second fastest growing economy after China and many economic experts are already calling India a rising superpower.

This is absolutely remarkable considering the state the British left India in. In fact, the British genuinely believed India would fail like Africa. My cultural studies professor once admitted to me that he never believed a middle class would ever arise in India, but he was pleasently surprised by how large the middle class had grown.

Now as I said Hinduism has NOT been in control of India. India is a secular country today and it is still largely based on British economic, legal and political systems. When Hinduism was in control of India, I have already shown, India was incredibly prosperous and dominated the entire world in terms of economic power. It had a share of the world economy that no nation on earth has ever had(32.9%) It was during this period that the philosophy, science and technology, industry, architecture flourished. India was the first to build hospitals, universities and have planned cities with plumbing.

The GDP(PPP) of India currently places it at the 4th position in the world, just behind Japan:

The economy of India is the eleventh largest economy in the world by nominal GDP[2] and the fourth largest by purchasing power parity (PPP).[10] Following strong economic reforms from the socialist inspired economy of a post-independence Indian nation, the country began to develop a fast-paced economic growth, as free market activities initiated in 1990 for international competition and foreign investment. India is an emerging economic power with a very large pool of human and natural resources, and a growing large pool of skilled professionals. Economists predict that by 2020,[11] India will be among the leading economies of the world.

There is a revivalism of Hinduism in India today and this will bode well for India. Eventually, I want it to replace its traditional British systems with Hindu systems because under those systems India will be able to reach the same heights it had in the past, and become an example for the rest of the world as well. Unfortunately, the biggest hurdle to this is the secular policies of India and the corrupt Congress government. There needs to be a political will to implement Hindu reforms.

Part of the reason why you encounter that Hindus themselves don’t seem to know their own religion is because of the old Hindu education system had been replaced by the British education system in the late 19th century. All of the traditional Hindu systems were outlawed and Sanskrit literature was denigrated. So Indians were taught instead English literature, science and British culture. This tradition remained for much of the 20th century, but now because of the revivial of Hindu nationalism and the growing prosperity of Indians, Indians have more confidence within themselves and are starting to develop an appreciation their own history heritage and history. This is a growing trend which can be witnessed all over India, in the Indian diaspora and in the Indian media. This can also be seen in the he resurgence of Yoga and Hindu ashrams all over India. There is a growing sense of national pride in India’s Hindu heritage.

Originally Posted by Surya Deva View Post
I am proving my point that not all religions are equal. And that Abrahamic are primitive, false and unscientific religions that no civilised and intelligent person should entertain. They do not help anybody. They are full of nothing more than violence, mythology and nonsense.

I am arguing for the superiority of the worlds only true religion: Hindusim.
and why should we take advice from someone who is always tired?

Debating/arguing with an atheist about religion who doesn’t even understand his own religion and lives not in India but in zimbabwae or wherever?

Whos soul drive is to prove how smart and superior he and his “religion” is to everyone else.

Who disregards and twists for his purpose.

You can not win.

There is no victory.

There is only wasting of energy.

As far as quoting GDP…do a google search. Click on each link. Each one has a different ranking. Which one is correct? Which do you use? The one that helps your point? Curious.

Suradaya- thanks for a good perspective and I commend you for your volunteer work and the path you have chosen.

Q -

Excellent post!

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35774]I am proving my point [/QUOTE]

Actually I will admit you are proving a point, just I don’t think it is the one you are intending to prove.

If we are to learn from history, India is a prime candidate for a revolution. Even considering some of the ‘evidence’ presented over the neverending posts, India’s economic power has grown tremendously. But, that economic power is in the hands of the upper castes only, leaving the greater lower castes even more impoverished. Now, a few decades ago that would be OK with the upper crust, but with the burgeoning communication era a few of the lower caste members are sure to get the ‘aha’ moment, assemble the peasant masses, and eventually take the country from the hands of the elite rich.

This scenario has played out in history time and time again. The recipe is in the mix, and India will get hungry. Hinduism won’t play much of a part at all.

Hmm, the caste system is no longer practiced in India. It is actually considered illegal. The power is the hands in the middle and upper class

There will be no revolution in India because the poor Indian people actually love the rich in India and consider them role models. Big names like Tata, Birla, Mital etc are well known to all Indians and respected. Successful people are worshipped in India.

Here is yet further proof that Abrahamic religions are barbaric and it is actually insulting to compare them equally with dharmic religions. Anybody who says they are equal in light of what I am about to expose is being an idiot.

Let us look at the Abrahamic god, shall we:

God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Is the Christian god some kind of muderous tyrant, sadist and rapist or something? I was shocked to see how many times the bible ordains killing people:

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals

“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1. If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2. Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD’s name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother’s name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD’s will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD’s name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets

1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles,  and the predicted signs or miracles take place.  If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them.  The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul.  Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone.  Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him.  The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt.  Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you.  (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.'  You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?'  If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message.  That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.  (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Surya,

What about all the westerners that are in India giving aid to the poor and volunteering?
Do the Hindu people not care for the poor? You talk about westerners and their lack of honesty in many of your posts, yet we are the first to give a helping hand when needed.
And I stated in another post that a friend has been in India living off and on the past 5 or so years. What he saw was the Indian people (84% Hindu) totally taken with the western culture. From food, clothing, etc they just couldn’t get enough of the west. He was disheartened to see the how many of the poor live and how little the Indian people themselves help the poor. Much of the assistance to the poor comes from the west.

Do the poor in India worship the poor who are good caring giving people too? Or is it only the rich they worship? Curious, considering what you have preached about Hinduism.