Calm rational discussion regarding Hinduism and Abrahamic religions

Staggering the Christian god also murders children and thirsts for human and almost child sacrifices!

Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

God Will Kill Children

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don’t give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, “All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children.” (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. “Defile the Temple!” the LORD commanded. “Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!” So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

More Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  [b]Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes.[/b]  For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.  (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Kill Your Neighbors

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."  (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

The Bible, especially the Old Testament, is filled with numerous stories of animal and human sacrifice. God, we are told, likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh. Animal sacrifice is much more common than human sacrifice, but both occur and are “pleasing to the Lord”.

Genesis, the first book of the Bible, has Abraham preparing to sacrifice his son to God. “Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you.” (Genesis 22:1-18) Abraham takes his own son up on a mountain and builds an altar upon which to burn him. He even lies to his son and has him help build the altar. Then Abraham ties his son to the altar and puts a knife to his throat. He then hears God tell him this was just a test of his faith. However, God still wanted to smell some burnt flesh so he tells Abraham to burn a ram.

I can see why the Vedic texts refer to the Abrahamic religions as barbarian and demon religions. There is absolutely no doubt at all, from what I have shown above, that these are barbaric, primitive and stupid religions.

It is shameful that 2 billion people follow such religions and worship such a god. It is so obvious that these Abrahamic religions need to go. They have no place in a modern civilised world.

Definition of violence: Expression of physical or VERBAL force against self or other. I believe we can apply this definition to how you write your posts, Mr. Surya. You profess you are non-violent and Hinduism is non-violent (which I believe Hinduism is) yet you say things like you are barbaric, primitive and stupid. These are acts of verbal violence in my opinion. You are saying these things in a public forum with people of varying religious beliefs without one compassionate thought about how they might feel. I’m sorry, this is wrong.

I think people got your point the first time you posted examples of violence. Posting more and more only fans the flames. Is that what you want?

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;35860]Surya,

What about all the westerners that are in India giving aid to the poor and volunteering?
Do the Hindu people not care for the poor? You talk about westerners and their lack of honesty in many of your posts, yet we are the first to give a helping hand when needed.
And I stated in another post that a friend has been in India living off and on the past 5 or so years. What he saw was the Indian people (84% Hindu) totally taken with the western culture. From food, clothing, etc they just couldn’t get enough of the west. He was disheartened to see the how many of the poor live and how little the Indian people themselves help the poor. Much of the assistance to the poor comes from the west.

Do the poor in India worship the poor who are good caring giving people too? Or is it only the rich they worship? Curious, considering what you have preached about Hinduism.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, don’t be patronizing. Westerners do not help anybody but themselves. If the West cared so much about the poor in third world countries, rather than spending obscene amounts of moneys pampering themselves, they would help build up the poor in third world countries. The irony is, most of these countries are third world today because of what the West did to them in the first place. It is a well known fact that the Western economy has grown out of slave trade and exploitation of other countries. So please do not pretend for a moment the Western people are helping these people. So ruthless is the West that recently tens of thousands of farmers in India commited suicide because the Western companies had deceived them into buying “superior” crops from them, but ended up patenting the crops so that the farmers could not own their own crops anymore.

Of course Indian people help the poor in their own country. There are several organizations and groups which undertake humanitarian efforts to uplift the poor and help them.

By the way why would the poor worship the poor?

By the way this discussion is no longer about Hinduism vis-a-vis Abrahamic religions, it has become more about India and its poverty today as an attempt to undermine me directly because I am Indian. Very cheap and shamless. But at least it exposes people for who they are :wink:

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;35864]Definition of violence: Expression of physical or VERBAL force against self or other. I believe we can apply this definition to how you write your posts, Mr. Surya. You profess you are non-violent and Hinduism is non-violent (which I believe Hinduism is) yet you say things like you are barbaric, primitive and stupid. These are acts of verbal violence in my opinion. You are saying these things in a public forum with people of varying religious beliefs without one compassionate thought about how they might feel. I’m sorry, this is wrong.

I think people got your point the first time you posted examples of violence. Posting more and more only fans the flames. Is that what you want?[/QUOTE]

Then tell me dear:

Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all ? old and young, girls and women and little children.

Is this not barbaric, primitive and stupid?

You are clearly showing yourself for the fluffy, airy-fairy new-ager I have long said you are :smiley:

You do not live in this reality I am afraid. You live in some fantasy world where all religions are equal and loving and everybody is happy and gets along. Perhaps there are Easters bunny’s and elves there as well

It’s hilarious :smiley:

This post has received a warning for personal attacks. - Admin edit

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35865]Sigh, don’t be patronizing. Westerners do not help anybody but themselves. If the West cared so much about the poor in third world countries, rather than spending obscene amounts of moneys pampering themselves, they would help build up the poor in third world countries. The irony is, most of these countries are third world today because of what the West did to them in the first place. It is a well known fact that the Western economy has grown out of slave trade and exploitation of other countries. So please do not pretend for a moment the Western people are helping these people. So ruthless is the West that recently tens of thousands of farmers in India commited suicide because the Western companies had deceived them into buying “superior” crops from them, but ended up patenting the crops so that the farmers could not own their own crops anymore.

Of course Indian people help the poor in their own country. There are several organizations and groups which undertake humanitarian efforts to uplift the poor and help them.

By the way why would the poor worship the poor?

By the way this discussion is no longer about Hinduism vis-a-vis Abrahamic religions, it has become more about India and its poverty today as an attempt to undermine me directly because I am Indian. Very cheap and shamless. But at least it exposes people for who they are ;)[/QUOTE]

You live in England, correct? India does have westerners giving aid and volunteering. My yoga teacher, who is not Hindu, goes every year for 2 months to help the poor. He shares how deplorable the conditions are and how separate the classes are. Not everyone has an ulterior motive. Sometimes people are just nice. The give unselfishly of themselves to the less fortunate.

Does a person have to be rich, materialistically, to be worshipped? I was taught that a person need not material things to be rich. It’s how we lead our life, the example we give, how we give and the people who surround us. So you can be poor and have riches beyond material and be greatly admired.

You brought up about the poor, not me. I was simply asking a ? I am asking honest questions expecting honest answers. There is no shame in that!:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35866]Then tell me dear:

Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all ? old and young, girls and women and little children.

Is this not barbaric, primitive and stupid?[/QUOTE]

Oh Surya, you soooooooo missed my point!

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35867]You are clearly showing yourself for the fluffy, airy-fairy new-ager I have long said you are :smiley:

You do not live in this reality I am afraid. You live in some fantasy world where all religions are equal and loving and everybody is happy and gets along. Perhaps there are Easters bunny’s and elves there as well :wink:

It’s hilarious :D[/QUOTE]

Just where I want to be thank you very much. A very happy person indeed!
Peace and love all!

Side by Side comparison of sacred Hindu scriptire and Christian scripture

Vedas:

May this mind of mine
Which travels too far
Which light of all lights
The only source of all wisdom
Which wanders to far off places,
Whether I am asleep or awake,
Resolve on what is noble

Bible:

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Vedas:

In the eyes of the Lord, no one is big,
no one is small; all are alike; all are recipients
of godly love and prosperity

Bible:

Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, “All of you who are on the LORD’s side, come over here and join me.” And all the Levites came. He told them, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors.” The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, “Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing.” (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Vedas:

May our prayers be one and the same;
May we belong to one fraternity
May our minds move in unison
For one supreme goal
Let us be inspired by a common ideal
Let us sing thy praises in congregation

May the inmost aspirations of you all
Be perfectly harmonious
May your hearts beat in unison
May absolute concord reign in your minds
May all be welded
Into strong fellowship and unity.

Bible

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;35870]Oh Surya, you soooooooo missed my point![/QUOTE]

Answer straight.

Do you think it is is primitive, barbaric and stupid? Or are you actually ok with scripture ordaining mass murder and rape of men, women and children?

Relief Aid Money to Haiti

Where are the western countries on this list, where are the eastern countries, where is India?

Others 639,381,379
Private 593,639,219
United States 466,879,506
Canada 130,733,775
World Bank 82,107,356
Japan 70,744,798
Saudi Arabia 50,000,000
Spain 47,664,745
European Commission 43,290,043
France 33,844,153
United Kingdom 33,070,138
(CERF) 27,976,462
Norway 25,298,044
Sweden 25,039,684
Germany 21,645,022
Brazil 16,884,782
Denmark 16,288,032
Australia 13,489,209
China 10,813,535
UN & agencies 10,000,000
Italy 9,302,037
Switzerland 8,932,039
Finland 8,005,607
Russian Federation 5,700,000
Netherlands 5,050,504
India 5,000,000
United Arab Emirates 3,209,113
Ghana 3,000,000
Ireland 2,886,002

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35873]Answer straight.

Do you think it is is primitive, barbaric and stupid? Or are you actually ok with scripture ordaining mass murder and rape of men, women and children?[/QUOTE]

Why should I? You don’t listen to what I or others say to you. You have it in your head that you are right and nothing we can say can open your eyes to the bigger picture.

One final time:

The people that wrote the books of the bible lived in a very violent time in history. Much of the bible was passed down through stories and word of mouth. I am not catholic, so any christians out there chime in. That was 2000 years ago. We are a different people today.They do not teach to go out and tape and kill. That is just crazy. Just as crazy as you saying about a Buddhist raping and not feeling bad because it was not his Self. Then you turn around a lump Buddhism with Hinduism saying they are non violent. ??? Anyway. The Clergy does not teach this at all. The catholic church teaches kindness and forgiveness. Again, I have not argued that there has been violence in the name of religion. But we do not live in the past and have evolved. Yes, fluffy, new age talk. But we have. Forgiveness needs to be practiced here. You cannot condemn these people for what has been done in the past. It was not our doing. Many clergy today do not take the bible as literally as they once did. Even taking it literally, they never taught violence, rape or murder.

That’s all for now. Dinner is calling

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35867]You are clearly showing yourself for the fluffy, airy-fairy new-ager I have long said you are :smiley:

You do not live in this reality I am afraid. You live in some fantasy world where all religions are equal and loving and everybody is happy and gets along. Perhaps there are Easters bunny’s and elves there as well :wink:

It’s hilarious :D[/QUOTE]

I have been called a christmas elf. Does that count?

Glad I made you laugh!

I’m Brethern. A member of a group of Churches called the Peace churches. The Church of the Brethern, Quakers, Mennonites,and Amish are all part of this group. Remember that masacarer in Pennsylvania where a man walked into an Amish school and took the lives of 5 of the 10 young girls he held hostage. Do you know what this community of Christians did after all of that ? They forgave and encouraged the world to not condemn the man and would only accept donations from the public after they agreed to also donate to the family of the killer. Peaceful, forgiving and tolerant.

Our beliefs as Brethern are the same. No war, or violence. Complete forgiviness with time and healing. Simple living and extreme generosity.
Not a fantasy or a dream or fluffy new age thinking, but reality. Peace, tolerance, equality of believers (note it does not just state Christian believers) This is a reality of many of these denominations. We do not judge least we be judged. Why should I remove the needle from the eye of my enemy if I have a log in my own? I am not perfect or God so how can I determine if someone else’s actions or beliefs are wrong or right?

As with some of the above passages, yes they are violent. So what! So is all of history. As Lotusgirl states this does not define us.
Lets do call a spade a spade, but not when it has been beaten into a plow.

Namaste,

I think you have a losing battle for sure now. You now admit the bible does indeed contain these really violent and barbaric things, but you are too politically correct to call it primitive, barbaric and stupid.

However, as I have no such hang up, I can clearly see it for what it is. Anything which commands mass murder, infanticide and raping of women is abominable. Thus I have proven my point that the Abrahamic religions are primitive, barbaric and stupid and Hinduism is a superior religion.

The Abrahamic religions are not the religions of a noble or enlightened people like the dharmic religions, but religions founded by savages that say savage things.

As with some of the above passages, yes they are violent. So what! So is all of history. As Lotusgirl states this does not define us.
Lets do call a spade a spade, but not when it has been beaten into a plow.

They are more than violent, they are disgusting. They certainly do define their religions because they are considered the holy scriptures of that religion.

It is easy to see why these religions have had a constant history of bloodshed and oppression.

They should have been rejected long ago. I would rather be an atheist than be a member of such religions.

The way I see it is what religion can actually help me become a better person and teach me the true vision of reality. It is clear
a religion which has such a bloody history and scripture which ordains mass murder, infanticide and rape of innocent men, women
and children and contains falsities such as the earth being flat cannot help me at all. On the other hand a religion like Hinduism
which gives you a clear vision of reality, and the methods on how to become a better person, which is full of noble and beautiful
thoughts, can indeed help me. This is why I am a Hindu and not a Jew, Christian or a Muslim.

I have lost a lot of respect for Christianity after doing this research. I had no idea the bible contained such evil before the research
I did today. It has even made me revaluate Jesus. I use to believe he was one of the enlightened masters, now I think very differently.
In any case I am content in knowing I am part of a superior religion.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;35876]Relief Aid Money to Haiti

Where are the western countries on this list, where are the eastern countries, where is India?

Others 639,381,379
Private 593,639,219
United States 466,879,506
Canada 130,733,775
World Bank 82,107,356
Japan 70,744,798
Saudi Arabia 50,000,000
Spain 47,664,745
European Commission 43,290,043
France 33,844,153
United Kingdom 33,070,138
(CERF) 27,976,462
Norway 25,298,044
Sweden 25,039,684
Germany 21,645,022
Brazil 16,884,782
Denmark 16,288,032
Australia 13,489,209
China 10,813,535
UN & agencies 10,000,000
Italy 9,302,037
Switzerland 8,932,039
Finland 8,005,607
Russian Federation 5,700,000
Netherlands 5,050,504
India 5,000,000
United Arab Emirates 3,209,113
Ghana 3,000,000
Ireland 2,886,002[/QUOTE]

Pretty petty and silly when you measure a countries compassion by how much money they gave in relief. By that measure China and Saudi Arabia, which have the worse human rights records in the world are more compassionate than Ireland, Switzerland, UN etc

You are scraping at the bottom of the barrel now.

Good Lord man, get some rest.

Namaste, I just got up :stuck_out_tongue: