Chakra Meditation

Hi, lotusgirl.

How I should do Vipassana meditation and what good techniques You know to concentrate into meditatiot, because My mind flows all the time and never stops?

Seeker33, thanks for Your answer.

[QUOTE=Domas;53333]b.shahvir, thank You for Your answer. I think meditation is not for Me and it looks a bit confusing, I will try to do something else. :slight_smile: By the way, I used chakras meditation because I believed that it would help to energise My body and remove all negativity. I’am too young for that, I think 18 not a right age for meditation especially this complicated.[/QUOTE]

Dear Domas,

Glad to know ur just 18 an interested in blissful life. But let me clear it out… I never said you cannot do meditation. There are other subtler forms of meditation as suggested by lotusgirl.

You can continue with soft meditation, which thru regular practice, help in slowly raising the Kundalini. Chakra meditation will then be automatic & without effort. Try not to push it.

Regards,
Shahvir

Domas,

Vipassana meditation works well with those who have a hard time with an over active mind. Basically, you allow thoughts to come and go, not giving them any meaning or judgement. Use noting and say for instance stress pops up in your thoughts, look at is as an S (for stress). Well S has absolutely no meaning at all does it? So you see S for what it is…nothing! And it can come and go or hang around. The key is awareness. Be aware of your thoughts and the labeling/noting. It could be one thought or many. Again, do nothing. As this progresses, you then allow your thoughts to turn inward (physical body) and again, become aware of where those thoughts are resting. Staying with stress as an example…You are holding a lot of stress. Thoughts of stress keep entering your mind. Note stress with an S and do nothing. Don’t try to understand or solve. Turning inward, that S (stress) will manifest somewhere in your physical body. So become aware. You suddenly notice discomfort in your upper back and neck. This is where stress is being held. Instead of stress, label it with T for tightness. (labeling frames the sensation) Just being aware and self observation. It is a very nice meditation.

Of course, this is a very quick description just to give you some info. S.N. Goenke has a good website that explains it also. He also has a book and offers classes. I have Insight Meditation, The Practice of Freedom by Joseph Goldstein that I purchased through Shambhala Classics. I found it gives some good basic info and is well written.

Good luck to you!

Thanks guys, for answers. I will try to do a Vipassana meditation. I used EFT (emotional freedom technique) for chakras. Do You think it’s safe and good?

[QUOTE=Domas;53418]I used EFT (emotional freedom technique) for chakras. Do You think it’s safe and good?[/QUOTE]

Kindly elaborate…

Thanks to all.

Echoing b.shahvir, can you elaborate on EFT? Curious.

Does anyone know a meditation technique to release old suppressed emotions? Or other methods to cry out them.

[QUOTE=Domas;53660]Does anyone know a meditation technique to release old suppressed emotions? Or other methods to cry out them.[/QUOTE]

At 18 you do have your hands full man!! :wink: I feel pranayam (breathing exercises) might help in this case. Try Anulom-Vilom and Kapalbhati. Pranayam regulates the prana in one’s body and disentigrates negative emotions. But it has to be practiced regularly early morning and evenings… ideal time is betn 4:00AM to 6:00AM in the mornings and 5:45PM to 6:45PM in the evenings.

During this period the Sushumna nadi is active and gives quick results. The pranayama is then followed by any kind of meditation as preferred by you. The benefits of post pranayam meditation is enormous.

Regards,
Shahvir

Thanks b.shahvir, these methods looks difficult. There are so many techniques and I can’t find one that is best for Me. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Domas;53687]Thanks b.shahvir, these methods looks difficult. There are so many techniques and I can’t find one that is best for Me. :D[/QUOTE]

Well OK you need not follow it to the hilt, but you could try them at your own pace. You might need to put in some efforts if you want results. Nothing in life comes easy, that goes for spirituality too! After regular practice, it would become an habit and yoga would become effortless.

[QUOTE=b.shahvir;53689]Well OK you need not follow it to the hilt, but you could try them at your own pace. You might need to put in some efforts if you want results. Nothing in life comes easy, that goes for spirituality too! After regular practice, it would become an habit and yoga would become effortless.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. Good One. High Five.
:cool:

Ok I’ll stop.

Thanks, for now I will stick with basic meditation.

Does anyone know a meditation technique to release old suppressed emotions? Or other methods to cry out them.

Domas, may I suggest that when you do meditate or do yoga that you focus on thoughts such as “I now face the past without fear, I accept my pain, and I release it now, and I am Safe”, or something to that effect. I have found that this can often help me to slowly shift to releasing and thinking in new ways.

Good luck.

i too believe that you need to have a fair amount of knowledge about chakra meditation before starting it. Iam currently reading a book on Chakra meditation. buy it and read before you start practising it. Book on Chakra Meditation[QUOTE=b.shahvir;53325]Dear Domas,

Chakra meditation can be dangerous without a Guru. You could go on & on around in circles & not get anywhere. Be patient… just do not copy anything from the video as theory and practice are far more different. Your body/mind might react differently.

I do not intend to discourage you, but kindly do not venture into the unknown out of immature excitement. Enroll yourself in a class or find yourself a worthy Guru who can systematically guide you thru chakra meditation or Kundalini Yoga.

[B]P.S.[/B] Kindly pay attention to Amir’s words of wisdom. He never misguides!

Regards,
Shahvir[/QUOTE]

Hi,it’s Me again. I found some short audio meditations and I need You advise. Check this link please and tell Me is it safe and good for Me. Thanks guys. http://www.relaxationmeditations.com/Release-Fear-and-Worry-Meditation.html

[QUOTE=Domas;54797]Hi,it’s Me again. I found some short audio meditations and I need You advise. Check this link please and tell Me is it safe and good for Me. Thanks guys. http://www.relaxationmeditations.com/Release-Fear-and-Worry-Meditation.html[/QUOTE]

Go for some free online MP3 downloads and check for positive results. If it helps then you could buy one. It could be a marketing gimmick as yoga & meditation is big business. Do not fall for quacks…

Thanks b.shahvir for Your reply. Do You think its safe?

[QUOTE=Domas;54838]Thanks b.shahvir for Your reply. Do You think its safe?[/QUOTE]

can’t say… I’ve never tried CD’s as I’ve a Guru…I mostly follow yogic advice of my Guru. As per earlier posts, start with pranayam, especially Anulom-vilom… As soon as breathing is stabilized the mind will automatically come under control and meditation will become natural. Then you needn’t spend money on such CD’s

But if you are still interested in it, take advice from posters like ‘Inner Athelete’ as they are qualified yoga instructors and might help you in selecting material/CD’s which aid meditation.

Can’t find Inner Athelete.