Chakra Meditation

[QUOTE=Domas;54844]Can’t find Inner Athelete.[/QUOTE]

Well, he’s one of the well known contributors to Yoga Forums. Try the forum search option, like find posts by InnerAthelete.

[QUOTE=Domas;52205]Hi, I’am new here. I’am very interested in meditation. I started to meditate 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago started to meditate on chakras. So My questions are:

1. Is it dangerous to meditate on chakras everyday few times in the morning and in the evening?
    [B]2) I heard that some people got traumas or gone insane, because they meditated on chakras in wrong way, is that possible?[/B]
  2. I meditated on chakras 6 or 7 days and it feels good, but now I’am scared, please give Me some advices.
    4)Please don’t judge Me, I’am new here and I need some help and advice. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is possible.
If you mingle with the engine of your car, without being a mechanic, what do you think the result will be ? How much more complex a living human being is, than an engine ?
Do you think that you can become a good mechanic only from books and from the internet ? Than how can you imagine that you could develop the wisdom and skill to consciously enter the engine of your very soul, and that in a few days/weeks and based on very limited information ?

I still feel the presence of a self realised (enlightened) Guru in one’s life is a must for proper spiritual guidance…

[QUOTE=b.shahvir;54993]I still feel the presence of a self realised (enlightened) Guru in one’s life is a must for proper spiritual guidance…[/QUOTE]

I would slightly rephrase this…

I think there are huge benefits on many different levels to be in close proximity and have available the teaching of very realized or enlightened teacher.

And especially if this person is available on an ongoing basis in one’s life.

I personally would avoid the word Guru as i believe that the external guru eventually leads to the internal ‘voice of wisdom’ for most people. But even then, there are huge benefits to being in close proximity to a spiritual teacher who is either very realized or enlightened depending on one’s terminology.

So b.shahvir i guess i am agreeing with you, and hope that others can ‘see past’ this reference you have used to ‘Guru’… if that term elicits any negative reaction.

And i would recommend sitting down directly with a spiritual teacher rather than listening to a CD.

Best Wishes,
Dave

[QUOTE=BurrenYoga;54994]this reference you have used to ‘Guru’… if that term elicits any negative reaction.[/QUOTE]

This is very sad indeed. Guru is most divine…‘Gu’ means darkness, ‘Ru’ means light…one who dispels the darkness of ignorance from the mind of the disciple and brings him unto the light of knowledge (knowledge of the true self) is termed as Guru…

[QUOTE=b.shahvir;54996]This is very sad indeed. Guru is most divine…‘Gu’ means darkness, ‘Ru’ means light…one who dispels the darkness of ignorance from the mind of the disciple and brings him unto the light of knowledge (knowledge of the true self) is termed as Guru…[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with your definition of the term Guru.

But within Western culture, the term Guru has been used in many other contexts over the past 50 years, and it can put some people off.

I won’t mention the negative connotations here, as i don’t want to side track the most important message is that it is best to seek a spiritual teacher and talk to them face to face rather than listening to a CD.

Best Wishes,
Dave

[QUOTE=BurrenYoga;54997]I fully agree with your definition of the term Guru.

But within Western culture, the term Guru has been used in many other contexts over the past 50 years, and it can put some people off.

I won’t mention the negative connotations here, as i don’t want to side track the most important message is that it is best to seek a spiritual teacher and talk to them face to face rather than listening to a CD.

Best Wishes,
Dave[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know!.. but the important point is… one never seeks a Guru, a true Guru finds oneself!

Regards,
Shahvir

“But even then, there are huge benefits to being in close proximity to a spiritual teacher who is either very realized or enlightened depending on one’s terminology.”

The problem is that there are as few authentic masters as there are authentic disciples, both are like pearls in the desert. But if one happens to come into contact with a master, then still there is a great danger on behalf of the disciple. In fact, it is even a greater danger than crossing paths with a “master” who has yet to come to one’s liberation. Because the presence of such a one is of such tremendous proportions - that there is every possibility that you may become far too entangled in it. The possibility of a psychological attachment to the master is enormous. That is why a master is going to try and create every opportunity to dissolve that attachment, so that one can function out of one’s own intelligence. Even if Truth is given to you, ready made on a golden platter, unless it is of your own direct discovery, it is not going to be fulfilling at all. That is why your own efforts and your own inquiry is needed to create an inner atmosphere which is prepared for transformation. The master is just a trigger for this - to point you in the right direction, but unless you are willing to walk even on fire - then even infinite pointing will not be of any help. In fact, it is possible for a master to do far more than just raising a finger to the moon - there are masters who can just through a mere glance - create a direct transmission of the consciousness of enlightenment. But the problem is that if you receive anything which you are not prepared for - it is bound to create far more damage than good, it may even destroy any possibility of growth. And the reality is that a master not only wants you to function out of your own intelligence, but that you should surpass even the master himself. Only then, can the science of awakening continue expanding itself - unfolding, reaching higher and higher peaks and potentials. And in such a case, it may even be that one day a disciple will not longer need to seek the help of a master - one may be capable from the beginning of discovering one’s own eye on the forehead out of one’s own inner resources. But at present, the possibility of one coming to one’s awakening without guidance is such, that it is just like an ant trying to conquer the force of the whole ocean. Only an individual of enormous discipline, focus, attention, and intelligence is capable of coming to the space entirely by one’s own, it requires a very particular personality type.

Dear Amir,

Do you have a Guru?.. if yes then kindly mention something about him

[QUOTE=b.shahvir;55099]Dear Amir,

Do you have a Guru?.. if yes then kindly mention something about him[/QUOTE]

He says he didn’t have one or master etc etc.I asked him a similar question.Perhaps the Great One will respond.;)I find Amir sincere and knowledgeable.I don’t know how he could have the insights, the wisdom he talks about, without the experience.

I know this much,

That guru is everywhere, usually if we could only be bothered to look.

b.shahvir,

"Do you have a Guru?.. "

If you mean a Guru in an outward form of a human being, then no.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;55120]b.shahvir,

"Do you have a Guru?.. "
[/QUOTE]

Yes…

[QUOTE=Domas;52205]Hi, I’am new here. I’am very interested in meditation. I started to meditate 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago started to meditate on chakras. So My questions are:

1. Is it dangerous to meditate on chakras everyday few times in the morning and in the evening?
  2. I heard that some people got traumas or gone insane, because they meditated on chakras in wrong way, is that possible?
  3. I meditated on chakras 6 or 7 days and it feels good, but now I’am scared, please give Me some advices.
    4)Please don’t judge Me, I’am new here and I need some help and advice. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I’ve hears and Ive seen people who claim that they got insane just because of meditation or other yoga practices… I think that these folks would got crazy no matter what…even sitting doing nothing can meke one crazy;)

Do not be scared, meditate, just be aware of your sensations. If you feel like going crazy - just stop or do it less:)

A devotee who is detached completely from all actions (karmas), see all actions painful, having faith in divine incarnation’s sports and plays, and know that all enjoyments and desires are sufferings and painful, but still not able to give-up these all, He should ejnoy the pleasures but truly and heartily consider them very painful and condemn these enjoyments and pleasure in mind, and consider it as his own misfortune. Accompanied this, he should recite name, songs, hymns of God with wholeheartedness, love, strong determination to get liberated from this dilemma. He should pray God, “O God! Please with me! O Merciful! Please enter in my body and kindly set me free from this bondage.” When a devotee pray like that with full of love and devotion, the God enters and sit in the heart of devotee. All the desires with their all impressions (sanskars) destroys completely as soon as God sits in heart, and devotee is able to see and realize the self or God. As soon as devotee realize the self or God, the knot of bondage becomes weak and finally breaks-up, all the doubts are cut down and desires in actions becomes weak.

(—Srimad Bhagwat Mahapurana, Eleventh Skandha, Cha. 20 verse 27-30.)

In Gita Lord Krishna explains the process or form of initiation as :-

"Aham sarvasya prabhavo mattaha sarvam pravartate, Iti matva bhajante mam budha bhava samanvitah. || 10.8 ||

Macchitta Madgatprana bodhyantah parasparam, kathyantascha mam nityam tushyanti cha ramanti cha. || 10.9 ||

Tesham satatyuktanam bhajatam pritipurvakam, dadami buddhiyogam tam yena mamupyanti te. || 10.10 ||

Teshamevanukamparthamahamajnanajam tamah, Nashyamyabhavastho jnanadeepen bhasvata. || 10.11 ||

Meaning:

I Vasudev, is the very cause of creation of whole world, and the whole world acts at my wish, the devotees, who fulfilled with this elementary knowledge continuously remember me all the time with deep faith and devotion, those who surrender their minds and breath (prana) to me, satisfied in my sacred stories by telling each other effects of my divine powers and always remember and meditate on me. I give them the knowledge of Supreme-Self through which they are liberated from bondage. To favor (or to repay their obligation) those devotees I personally enters and sits in their heart as integrated soul, and destroys the darkness of ignorance by the lamp of knowledge of supreme-self. || Gita, 10.8-10.11 ||

Thus, on assuming any form of God as guru and doing devotional/yoga practice and prayers when a devotee even slightly feel the presence of God in heart, then he should pray “O God! Please reside here in my heart forever.” After theat meditate on him and concentrate that “I am illuminated by the brilliance of God.” Then God purifies the heart of devotee by intuition, spiritual enlightenment, self-realization and many other means and methods.

The Seven Chakras
“Chakra” is a term that comes from the ancient Sanskrit language, literally translating to English as “wheel.” And when you look at artistic renderings of the chakras, you can probably understand why. Running vertically through the center of the human body from the base of the spine to the top of the head, the chakras are energy centers that are whirling, spinning and driving the physical and spiritual experience forward.

Just as the universe and everything in it are composed of and filled to the brim with energy, the human body is no different. These precious energy centers are a way to harness and utilize this life force. Prana – what this life energy is often called – is continually churning and spinning through your body within these seven centers. When properly aligned and balanced, this prana provides and sustains all aspects of existence for mind, body, and spirit.

The more you know about your seven chakras, the more you can tend to your health and wellbeing and ensure that these energy centers are flowing freely and in balance. There are many practices that you can seek out or instill in your daily life to promote chakra health and in turn promote wellbeing in every aspect of your life.

Great advice! To find a meditation teacher who can guide you through this amazing journey i think is the most important thing!

Hi, I used to have trouble focusing my mind as well but I used this free meditation technique that helped me meditate so much easier, now I'm able to relax and focus on manifesting everything I want much easier. It really helped me out a lot and I hope it will inspire and empower you too... meditationtechniques2021. com

Chakra meditation is the exercise meditation. It is considered to be the easiest form of meditation to practice.

The meditation technique involves only breathing. The breathing exercise will help to keep the mind active. The exercise will help in controlling the breathing pattern. The mental activity will help in keeping the breath pattern active.

The breathing exercise will also help in regulating the internal organs. The breath exercise involves breathing through the nose and out through the mouth. The exercise will help in activating the parasympathetic nervous system. The exercise will help in relaxing the muscles and the mind.

The exercise will also help in reducing the blood pressure. The exercise will also help in relaxing the mind. The exercise will also help in reducing the anxiety, stress, and depression.

The meditation technique will also help in increasing the energy levels. The meditation will also help in relaxing the mind. The exercise will also help in increasing the concentration level.

The exercise will also help in controlling the blood pressure. The exercise will also help in increasing the energy levels. The exercise will also help in regulating the internal organs. The exercise will also help in increasing the energy levels.

The exercise will also help in improving the moral character. The exercise will also help in controlling the blood pressure. The exercise will also help in activating the parasympathetic nervous system. The exercise will also help in relaxing the muscles and the mind.

The exercise will also help in increasing the level of concentration. The exercise will also help in increasing the level of concentration. The exercise will also help in increasing the energy levels. The exercise will also help in relaxing the mind.

The exercise will also help in increasing the levels of concentration. The exercise will also help in increasing the energy levels.

The main aim of chakra meditation is to normalize the over-activated, depleted, imbalanced chakras. It mainly aims to balance and energize all the chakras for proper physical, mental and spiritual health.

Types of Chakra Meditation :
There are seven main chakras, four in our upper body, which govern our mental phenomenon, and three in the lower body, which govern the instinctual domain of our being.
1.Muladhara chakra,
2.Swadhisthan chakra
3.Manipura chakra,
4.Anahata chakra,
5.Visuddhi chakra,
6.Ajna chakra and
7.Sahasrara chakra.

Benefits of Chakra Meditation:
1.Balancing Swadhisthan Chakra:
2.Balancing Manipur Chakra:
3.Balancing Muladhara Chakra:
4.Balancing Anahat Chakra: