Christianity And Reincarnation

Well. But to all of this. What about psychological regressions ?
When a person do a psychological regression this can remember events cleary. Also some people tell they went to the place which they saw in their memory and found what they saw in that place. It is relaive… I’d like to do a psychological regression…so I could tell more about it.

To be “born again” means to become a new person - a person not
affected negatively by past events.

This has nothing to do with reincarnation but requires us to
become “perfect” within our own lifetime.

And not to depend on another “go around” to get it right the
next time.

In Christian terms, we are first born of woman. And to be born
again means to be born of God.

If you say to a Christian, “Do you sin,” he will invariably say,
“Everyone sins.”

But the bible says: (1 John 3:8 New Life Version)

[I]“The person who keeps on sinning belongs to the devil.”[/I]

Even a born again Christian will give you the same answer
but the bible here says: (1 John 3:9 New Life Version)

[I]“No person who has become a child of God keeps on sinning.”[/I]

Now, “a child of God” is someone who has been re-born or born again.

Yep, that is how I’ve always understood it, and how the majority of people understand it. It is only fundamentalist Christians like Asuri who are fumbling around in the bible to find statements to rationalize and justify their beliefs and practice in Yoga.

There is a similar concept to “born again” in Hinduism called ‘Dvija’ meaning twice-born. This concept says that ones original birth is from their biological parents, but one is born again through sacred initiation(sacred thread ceremony + baptism) and education into the Vedas. The teacher is thus considered the second parent, via which one is born again. There is yet another birth that happens when one becomes self-realized and attains union with god, similar to the Christian concept of being anointed by the holy spirit.

There are of course similarities between Christianity and Hinduism. However, it is dishonest to look for similarities that do not exist - like reincarnation in the bible. Just because some heretic Christian group believed in reincarnation, does not mean Christians generally believed in it. They of course didn’t if you read the bible.

If one is never born, one never dies, ?I AM? is the certainty, the question is ?WHO AM I?.

“Resurection of the Dead” is the name of the phenomenon in the Holy Bible.

I like this wording better than reincarnation because depending on certain causes and conditions you might not “reincarnate”.

Also the Lord spoke of the phenomenon in Matthew a couple of times most clearly here

[I]Matthew 17:9 -13[/I]
"And as they came down from the mountain, the Lord charged them, saying, tell the vision to no man, until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.

And his disciples asked him, saying , why then do the scribes say that Elias must come first?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

But I say unto you, Elias has come already and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of Man suffer of them.

Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."

Elias = John the Baptist

In much of the Bible there is multiple meanings, and this passage is no exception. By multiple meanings I mean there is the literal teaching, but also going on underneath the words is a spiritual instruction.

The Question is do you see the spiritual instruction?

In the Bible a Saudducees is one who denied not only the resurection of the dead, but also seraphim and other spirits.