Controlling Sexual Desire with Yoga

One can control Sexul desire from Yoga and Meditation but it requires lots of lots patience and proper guidance.

[quote=premeet01245;30513]I also want to do this.[/quote]That’s good to hear but I cannot help you, but someone else may put forward so more good ideas to help you and I.
It makes me sick to see Hollywood kind of love and sex as it is corrupting the minds of people world wide because everyone watches American trash movies.

I’ll speak from my direct experience:
After many years of practicing yoga, and then teaching it, I decided to become a Swami. I was happy to renounce sex and marriage because I had many girlfriends, and had never found happiness or peace in that way.
After some time in training, I met my now wife there - at the ashram.
We all have different paths. Mine was not - yet anyway! - intended to be celibacy.

FutureKing - I applaud your intentions. I wish you all the best in your quest for justice in India. But I advise you this: concentrate not on trying to change the outside world. Focus inwards. Only when you are perfectly purified, and there is no possibility of violence or hatred or injustice WITHIN you… then the world around you will change more than it would if you spent 1000 lifetimes [B]trying[/B] to change it.
Your greatest politician said it the best:
“you must be the change you wish to see in the world”.
In my experience, if you find the right woman / partner, it helps more than hinders.
We are animals also, not only spiritual beings, and we have material needs. Hundreds of millions of years of evolutionary programming cannot be denied.
Good luck!
Ben

1 Like

I can understand the not wanting to get married part but no sex I don’t understand. :confused:

I saw 2Girls1Cup on the internet somewhere once and it cured me of sex for quite a while. You should look into that, I’m sure it would help.

[QUOTE=Lencho…;30679]I can understand the not wanting to get married part but no sex I don’t understand. :confused:

Well…Indian society is not so open in terms of sex like the western countries.

In much larger scale than western countries, in India sex comes only when you are married. Maybe this is the reason for no sex and no marriage.

Also, with no sex…the sexual energy can be transformed into Ojas…a spiritual energy that can benefit in this hard task.

Suppression and denial of yoga sex improvements can lead only to physical upsets and mental harm.

God in Bhagavad Gita recommends 4 stages in life according to the age. Next to Brahmacharya is the Gruhasta, which is very vital for a man. Only here he gets the mental maturity. In this Kali yuga it is very tough to remain as Brahmacharya. And God appreciates a house holder who follows Dharma. So get married soon and serve the nation.

[quote=Evelynlexo;31184]Suppression and denial of yoga sex improvements can lead only to physical upsets and mental harm.

http://yogaspot.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/yoga-and-sex-do-go-together/[/quote] Oh yes? …well those people that run that web site think they know everything about sex. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well…:smiley: Thought of discussing about this 2-3 days back itself…but stopped…thinking that some innocent members :stuck_out_tongue: might get embarassed…:smiley:

In my previous posts, in some other thread…I told that from past 9 months I am practicing Praanayama,Bhastvik, Naadi Pranayaama, Sudarshan Kriya etc…and getting some sensations in forehead & lowerback…so a couple of members put it as Ajna,Kundalini awakening…

Now the thing I am observing is…from the past 6-7 months or so…I am having a high sexual urge…( I am unmarried )…doesnt mean that previously I didnt have any sexual urge but ever since I started all the above said practices…the urge has been High…previously it wasnt to this extent…

I may sound stupid :stuck_out_tongue: to link each and every thing to the practices, awakening … But is this sudden high sexual urge due to the practices or any chakra awakening…as the fact is before ( the practices ) I didnt have this much of urges…and I thought yoga practices subsides/controls the urges…I am confused…:confused:

well if you are getting the body in better shape, it would make sense that it would tend to act more naturally, more lively so to speak.

1 Like

Yoga also improves orgasm. Orgasm involves rapid contractions of the pelvic floor muscles that run between the legs. In Western medicine, Kegel exercises strengthen these muscles and intensify orgasm. (To do Kegels, contract and relax the muscles that squeeze out the last drops of urine.) In yoga, the pelvic floor muscles are known as moola bandha. Yoga strengthens them, providing benefits similar to Kegel exercises.

Hello futureking
I know India somewhat, having lived there a year. I read the newspapers, stories of corruption were an everyday tragedy. And the ordinary people were so frustrated. Like you I imagine.

But your name troubles me a little, “futureking”. It seems you have very big plans for yourself, to be monarch, rather than for your country.

Your country is presently a democracy (though a badly functioning one). Do you want to rule it as absolute ruler, as “king”. Are you a man of such high moral constitution that you do not need to be accountable to the people? Are you thinking that maybe yoga will purify you and make you even more fit for your unassailable position? Surely the belief in ones own perfection is just another form of corruption.

Your name is so suggestive… but I don’t really know anything about you.

Tell us.

hello futureking,
i think you are a very good person,because you want to leave your desire for your country.i respect you and your feeling.

I dont know much i know that you can control you your sexual desire by yog sadhana.

you can read books on this by Baba Ramdev, their are many other books on this topics.

all the best.

[QUOTE=SMB;31364]Well…:smiley: Thought of discussing about this 2-3 days back itself…but stopped…thinking that some innocent members :stuck_out_tongue: might get embarassed…:smiley:

In my previous posts, in some other thread…I told that from past 9 months I am practicing Praanayama,Bhastvik, Naadi Pranayaama, Sudarshan Kriya etc…and getting some sensations in forehead & lowerback…so a couple of members put it as Ajna,Kundalini awakening…

Now the thing I am observing is…from the past 6-7 months or so…I am having a high sexual urge…( I am unmarried )…doesnt mean that previously I didnt have any sexual urge but ever since I started all the above said practices…the urge has been High…previously it wasnt to this extent…

I may sound stupid :stuck_out_tongue: to link each and every thing to the practices, awakening … But is this sudden high sexual urge due to the practices or any chakra awakening…as the fact is before ( the practices ) I didnt have this much of urges…and I thought yoga practices subsides/controls the urges…I am confused…:confused:[/QUOTE]

You are missing a vital thing. You are awakening the energy but not directing it towards nobler planes. Take help and guidance from a seasoned practitioner.
If you subscribe to bhakti marg too then this is the time to connect with your inner bhakti bhaav. When one prays to God and surrenders himself to Him, the energy will not move in any wrong direction. God will start taking care of things. You just have to let Him do this. Bhakti maarg will sublimate the ego, which causes all the problems.

1 Like

@futureking
You seem to be young, don’t be too sure that your mind shall not change. As you grow more mature you shall realise that one major problem on the course of spirtual evolution is the human mind.

You are from India, I don’t have to remind you of the hundreds of mythological stories of sages succumbing to desire, do I?

I don’t think not marrying is a right decision for you. I think its better to look for a like-minded girl, share with her what your future plans are and if she is on the same page, marry her.

And yes I am curious too, why the name ‘futureking’? You wanna be a king?

To reduce the sexual desires, nothing can do more than meditation and asanas. In the preactice of Asanas, the inversion poses are the most efficent ones. Headstand, shoulderstand, even the palm balancing or elbow balancing poses do not only reduce your sexual desires,but also keep your body and mind in a young state, so headstand and shoulderstand are called “the king of yoga” and " the queen of yoga". They make you look ten or twenty years young if you regularly practice them, say, to hold in headstand for half hour per day, you save all the money for cosmetics and facial maintainance products.

Question is how long can you stay in the pose?

in order to hold in inversion poses in a prolonged time, some tools can be used such like chair or block and belt…well to know these details, surf the internet about Iyengar yoga, hopefully you can find some photos with instructions to indicate you clear directions…

Shanti, Shanti.Shanti,

Suru

[QUOTE=suru26;38272]To reduce the sexual desires, nothing can do more than meditation and asanas. In the preactice of Asanas, the inversion poses are the most efficent ones. Headstand, shoulderstand, even the palm balancing or elbow balancing poses do not only reduce your sexual desires,but also keep your body and mind in a young state,

Suru[/QUOTE]
this could be good for people to know who are in relationships and have a lack of sexual deire and a frustrated partner. Or for instructors to know who have students come to them and speak about that issue.

[QUOTE=futureking;27848]Hi,

I am from India. I want to remain unmarried through out my life. But I don’t want to become Sanyasi(Monk). Because I have a big aim in my life. This aim is for goodness of my people and country.
Many things are restricted for sanyasies like they can not participate in politics. But I want to participate in politics. I am only one child of my mother therefore I have take care of her. Therefore I can not become sanyasi.But 1 thing is sure, I don’t want to be married because only unmarried man can fight against corruption. But the problem is my sexual desire. I want to control it so that I can live calm and happy through out my life.

Is there any medicine or yog aasan or food that can help.[/QUOTE]

You can’t compete with millions of years of evolution! Your sex drive is why you are here.

I find that the most difficult things to control are the things that we have been doing for thousands of years. These require the most focussed discipline to begin to remove them.
Sexual desires may become even greater when regularly meditating because you have an immense store within you of recollection and experience. Sexual desires may even become grotesque in thought or even action as you begin to remove these thoughts and feelings.

The past and recent ongoing problems that have been in the Catholic church with some priests behaving inappropriately, I feel, is an example of this, and of course it is not just in the Catholic church.

The word temptation is of course mentioned in many religious scripts because it is a very real problem…you have to have battles with yourself if it is your aim to eg, become enlightened

Im not using the word battle lightly here…
Kind Regards Kareng

Sex desire is the most original and primitive urge of any animal . The seed of this desire you are carrying in you is much bigger than you can imagine, because it is the storage of not only this life but even many past lives, and you could have been through millions of lives by now…So imagine how strong this desire could be…

Without sex, there won’t be any life, that is true. But in a country like India, this natural desire has been greatly surpressed, people are not allowed to enjoy it before marriage, that is why, a lot of young men are suffering from it. I used to live in India for three years, my young indian male friends were very interested to find a girl friend from foreign land…because indian girls are too difficult to get…

So maybe you should try to find a foreign girl friend…ha ha ha …

seriously speaking according my personal experience in Meditation like vipassana, it really helped me a lot in this aspect, I don’t agree that meditation will make it worse, unless you are using a wrong technigue…

Suru

[QUOTE=kareng;38455]I find that the most difficult things to control are the things that we have been doing for thousands of years. These require the most focussed discipline to begin to remove them.
Sexual desires may become even greater when regularly meditating because you have an immense store within you of recollection and experience. Sexual desires may even become grotesque in thought or even action as you begin to remove these thoughts and feelings.

The past and recent ongoing problems that have been in the Catholic church with some priests behaving inappropriately, I feel, is an example of this, and of course it is not just in the Catholic church.

The word temptation is of course mentioned in many religious scripts because it is a very real problem…you have to have battles with yourself if it is your aim to eg, become enlightened

Im not using the word battle lightly here…
Kind Regards Kareng[/QUOTE]