Cults In Yoga - Siddha / Brahma Kumaris / Sahaja Yoga, etc (often non physical Yoga)

Oh she passed away? What the great divine mother, comforter, incarnation of Jesus, Krishna and Buddha combined passed away? And most of the world did not notice, does not care and never heard of her?

I wonder what happens to souls like this.

“So this happening that we are afraid of death is absolutely absurd for Sahaja Yogis. What is there to think even about your death. There is nothing like death for you because you have got eternal life.”

Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi

“So you must know your position as eternal beings ? what is your work; what is your idea; what you have to do. So one has to get rid of this idea of death because death does not exist for you ? It is finished… your spirit is free.”

Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi

The whole issue got centered around one cult? Why don’t we discuss about others too? :frowning: We are getting clogged with SY only :slight_smile:

We are not getting more first hand information about other cults, who are minting money like anything.

[QUOTE=Sahasrara;56951]The whole issue got centered around one cult? Why don’t we discuss about others too? :frowning: We are getting clogged with SY only :slight_smile:

We are not getting more first hand information about other cults, who are minting money like anything.[/QUOTE]

Indeed these money minded cults are spawning most of the new age namesake yogis by giving them media coverage.

[QUOTE=Sahasrara;56951]The whole issue got centered around one cult? Why don’t we discuss about others too? :frowning: We are getting clogged with SY only :slight_smile:

We are not getting more first hand information about other cults, who are minting money like anything.[/QUOTE]

That is not true, we are also discussing Amir’s cult :wink:

Amir’s cult is yet to form, but hes making efforts in that direction. Basically if you want to learn about the opposite of what Yoga teaches, go to him :wink:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56944]Oh she passed away? What the great divine mother, comforter, incarnation of Jesus, Krishna and Buddha combined passed away? And most of the world did not notice, does not care and never heard of her?
I wonder what happens to souls like this.[/QUOTE][B]Mark 8:33
King James Bible
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.[/B]

How many people knew about Jesus during his lifetime?

[QUOTE=Sahasrara;56952]Indeed these money minded cults are spawning most of the new age namesake yogis by giving them media coverage.[/QUOTE]I don?t want anything from you.

Seeker,

Seriously are you really that naive and gullible? Come on! Many Cults like Scientology or TM - Transcendental Meditation are very upfront about asking for money i.e. courses are expensive and you keep paying lots. Others like Brahma Kumaris and Sahaja Yoga are not as upfront, even saying courses are free but accepting donations.

[B]The important point - Cults like Brahma Kumaris and Sahaja Yoga did not have the huge wealth they have now when they started off, both BK & SY own very expensive properties Worldwide (for SY many in Shri Mataji’s name) totalling a value of multi millions in money. [/B] Where did all this huge wealth come from??? Shri Mataji I don’t want your money, courses are free , etc yet manages to build up a huge fortune!

You are very naive and gullible indeed if you can’t see through such ploys and using basic reverse psychology not asking for money directly doesn’t mean you won’t get it, in a Cult quite the opposite actually. Followers give donations in money, it’s free but feel obligated to give donation, others even donate property, etc - all for the good cause of furthering the movement.

Lo and behold overtime the Cult has amassed a multi million fortune in property, investments, and actual money - Brahma Kumaris is hugely wealthy, just look at some of the properties they have & there is no way in it’s humble beginnings it could have afforded such places. http://bkwsuwatch.com/deception-disguises-and-fronts/financial-deception/

Sahaja yoga has these type of projects:
Center For Destitute Women
International Health Centre
International Sahaja Public School

Seeker 33,

See my previous post.

Yes Sahaja Yoga has charitable projects, so what? As does Scientology it has a mass of fronts - charitable projects, religious freedom, against psychiatry, etc. The Moonies (Unification Church) has charitable projects. Sathya Sai Baba has charitable and education projects, incl. hospitals (amazing for someone omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent he still needs hospitals for people & his followers).

They all have charitable projects, or charitable status in countries to avoid tax but they are still making millions!!! The charitable projects they could fund with their pocket change.

Mind Ninja, you are arguing a lost cause. Seeker is in too deep in SY, to come out of it. He cannot be reasoned with. He does not care about any evidence exposing SY, of lies or contradictions in SY. This is why I said he was a dying soul. You have to understand for 20 years Seeker has built this delusion up. It is not going to crumble with some strangers posting on the internet. You also have to understand the political and emotional angle. Seeker has hundreds, if not thousands of friends with SY and he associated them with it. No doubt, he’s had many positive experiences in 20 years, which he also associates with SY. SY has told him from the start he is self-realised, special, spiritual, a great soul with a great mission and this has built up his ego.

Long time cult members rarely ever leave based on outside advice. A possibility comes when a jolt comes from inside, such as witnessing abuse or getting abused, malconduct etc

Regarding the money issue. It is true SY offers its classes for free. But it is also true that after a while you become obligated to contribute towards the costs of hiring out rooms etc and contributing to the costs of the extravangt puja ceremonies held every month, where they worship Shri Mataji using ritual and prayer. In all these cults, a cult member is like an asset and thus their income and property also becomes a part of the cult. If something needs being done and requires capital, they will ask cult members to contribute based on their capacity to. This is why these cults become so rich. Your status in the cult and position in the hierarchy is usually based on how rich and powerful you are.

Now that Shri Mataji has passed away, it is clear this has shaken SY up. There cannot be a successor of the second coming of Jesus/Buddha/Krishna that she announced herself to be. She left without registering a blip in the world. This attests to how small her cult was. With nobody left in charge, there will be now schisms and break ups in the organization and it will slowly die out.

I think we have talked enough about SY now. Lets move on. We have served the purpose by exposing it. 99% of the people reading this thread will want nothing to do with SY, and will surely warn any family and friends that get involved.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56989]I think we have talked enough about SY now. Lets move on. We have served the purpose by exposing it. 99% of the people reading this thread will want nothing to do with SY, and will surely warn any family and friends that get involved.[/QUOTE]So far is not clear why you are not satisfied with SY. It is very easy to blame the system but very difficult to find the problem with yourself.
If you think that the system of Sahaja yoga is wrong, please clarify.

[QUOTE=Seeker33;56991]So far is not clear why you are not satisfied with SY. It is very easy to blame the system but very difficult to find the problem with yourself.
If you think that the system of Sahaja yoga is wrong, please clarify.
[/QUOTE]

I will make it very clear to you. I don't think you are a rational person, I don't think you can be reasoned with. I don't think your intellect is working. I do think you are a brainwashed cult member and I do think you are a dying soul. And I do think you will carry this onto your future life.

With that clear here are the reasons already given in this this thread for why I reject your cult

1. You're a personality worship cult. You falsely advertise SY as yoga, but actually it is just a front for what really is the worship of your founder and leader. New members are told to meditate with her picture and keep their hands open to receive her vibrations, but the claim that she claims to be the divine mother and and the the second coming of Jesus/Buddha/Krishna/Mohamemd is withheld. New members are not told when they are saying, "Divine mother, forgive me" they are making a prayer to her. They are told that simply being in her presence awakens the kundalini, and new members are excited by the prospects of one day meeting her - what they do not know is that they will have to fall at her feet and kiss them. After a few months, they invite you to the monthly puja ceremonies where the worship of her intensifies. Here fire ceremonies(Yagya) are done in the name of her, mantras are chanted in the names of her, and her pictures are worshipped. Therefore, SY is nothing more than Shriti Mataji worship.

2. Your leader is a fraud. She is the amongst the worst representations of health, spirituality, intelligence, enlightenment. She is unheathily obsese because of her expensive and extravagant tastes in food, and has a bad flatluence problem. Her diction is poor and littered with errr's. She is highly arrogant and expects her disciples to serve her in gold plated china wear. She makes false claims that she went on a tour of gurus and Osho recognised her as the divine mother, when Osho himself has said she was his disciple for 10 years, and reported to him how she was going to start her own cult after realising how easy it was to fool people. She has herself worshipped wearing a crown, and her feet annointed and disciples have pictures of her feet in their home. She claims to have great spiritual powers, but has avoided all independent scientific tests.

3. Your method is bunk. You refuse to have your method tested by an independent scientist. You claim to be treating people by diagnosing which of their chakras are acting up based on the vibration you are feeling on your fingers, but each SY worker gives a different diagnosis. You spread propoganda that this method is a lost science alluded to in every religious text, and then twist the scriptures of various religion to pretend it is there.

4. Your meditation is bunk and your claims about Kundalini are bunk. You mediatate on the Sahasara chakra which Yoga traditions have said is dangerous to meditate on. You claim a mundane feeling of a cool breeze is the symptom of Kundalini awakening. Everybody coming to SY Yoga the first day claims to feels it on the first day and are told it is there. The expert in Kundalini research, such as Gopi Krishna who meditated on the Sahasara chakra and had a premature awakening that almost destroyed him, give very clear details of the symptoms of a kundalini awakening. They are dramatic and anybody who has an awakened kundalini experiences a total metamorphosis. These cases are well documented and been investigated by psychologists like Carl Jung.

5. You use your false method of vibrations checking to push organizational dogmas. You claim the Dalai Llama is an evil tantrik because you have "checked the vibrations" but rather because Shri Mata ji beleives it. You claim the Nobel prize people are evil because you have "checked the vibrations" when in actuality it was because they did not award Shri Mata Ji the nobel peace prize, that Sahaja members tried to get her nominated her, that suddenly they have become evil.

6. You have banishing rituals for members who leave. First of all, you interrograte members who want to leave and try to get other members to talk them out of it(happened to 3 of my friends) You tell them that evil will befall them if they leave. If they leave, you conduct a banishing ritual and tell everybody they have become demonic.

In short these are the reasons that I reject your SY. In fact these are the reasons that 99% of people reading this thread will never get involved in SY. You are a dangerous cult of unthinking brainwashed sheep.

This will be my last post on SY.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56993]1) ... New members are told to meditate with her picture and keep their hands open to receive her vibrations, [/QUOTE]The same thing was done from Buddha disciples:

Dhammapada
Chapter XXI : Miscellaneous
296. The disciples of Gotama (Buddha) are always well awake, and their
thoughts day and night are always set on Buddha.

Do you know why?

The same text(Yoga Sutras) also gives the method and explains how to do it, warns you of the obstacles on the path, gives you techniques and tips on how to deal with them and get to the final goal.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;56995]The same text(Yoga Sutras) [B]also gives the method and explains how to do it[/B], warns you of the obstacles on the path, gives you techniques and tips on how to deal with them and get to the final goal.[/QUOTE]Can you quote this particular text?

[QUOTE=Seeker33;56994]The same thing was done from Buddha disciples:

Dhammapada
Chapter XXI : Miscellaneous
296. The disciples of Gotama (Buddha) are always well awake, and their
thoughts day and night are always set on Buddha.

Do you know why? [/QUOTE]

Buddhists do not worship Gautamma Buddha. Although you do find some Buddhists who worship his statue, the religion in general prohibits this and Buddha himself said not to worship him. Buddhists worship his teachings and worship the Buddhahood quality.